Jan arrivals; MB and FP+ info

Strange that you can't customize. Are you using disney.com? Not the mobile site. A CM this morning basically told me the mobile site was useless.

I am at 66 days and can't customize either. I am not really expecting to be able to until 60 days

I'm at 67 and nothing yet either. I have KTTW cards but I checked the numbers and they match my last trip so I just put them as lost for now. I can change that if I need to, but I don't see why I would need my old cards. Hoping in a week I can select fast passes.

I'm at 67 and nothing yet either. I have KTTW cards but I checked the numbers and they match my last trip so I just put them as lost for now. I can change that if I need to, but I don't see why I would need my old cards. Hoping in a week I can select fast passes.

I don't have the old cards any longer to check the numbers against MDE.

I'm now thinking that they ARE from my last trip and I should just deactivate them.

I don't think that anyone arriving after 1/5 is yet able to customize MBs or reserve FP+s.

I guess I just need to be patient. It's really hard to be patient though when you are this excited. ;)

It seems there have been many issues with MDE lately. I'm curious if anyone with a Jan 3rd arrival date and linked tickets was able to do FP+ today.

Also, are there any other parks that have 'tiered' attractions (besides Epcot)?

It seems there have been many issues with MDE lately. I'm curious if anyone with a Jan 3rd arrival date and linked tickets was able to do FP+ today.

Also, are there any other parks that have 'tiered' attractions (besides Epcot)?

that's my checkin date and no, i didn't get to do my FP+ today.
i have an AP in case that is my problem with the system.

UPDATE:

I was able to log in and enter my FP+ choices for Jan 4-7, 2014.
My stay is Jan 3-9, 2014, FTR, but only the 4-7th is at CBR. We have 2-day tickets linked to the MDE account, so they only gave us 2 days worth of FP+s, even though we will be upgrading to APs.

It all makes sense.
Website was a PITA to use and pretty glitchy (crashing, losing info, picking wrong info), but correctable. It took about 1.75 hours to so what should have taken 20 min.

From what I've been seeing testing is ending January 5th and nobody knows for sure what is happening after that, is that correct? I'm 81 days out as my arrival is at the very end of January and anxiously waiting to see if I will be able to book FP+ for my trip or not. I am sooooo hoping I can. I'm following this thread to see what others are able to do with arrivals after 1/5.

For those January guests that were able to make their FP+ reservations - do you have your trip paid in full? Our 60 days is next week but we don't plan on paying the balance of our trip until the 45 day mark. Just curious if we will be able to make our choices for FP+ at 60 days (if available).

TIA

I don't have the old cards any longer to check the numbers against MDE.

I'm now thinking that they ARE from my last trip and I should just deactivate them.

My niece still had her card and the ones showing in MDE WERE from Feb. trip. I made them inactive.

At least that mystery is solved. The CM told me yesterday that even though I could not customize by MBs until 50 days out, that I COULD make FP+ selections on Friday (my 60 day mark).

I don't see how that's possible if I don't even have a magic band showing in my account. :confused3

Hi Everyone!
I haven't been on the DIS in a few months (trying not to get too excited for our trip) so I apologize if this question has been answered already.
We are arriving on 1/11/14 so 66 days out.. I see that other DIS-ers with similar arrival dates haven't heard any news yet so I'm fine with waiting. My question however is whether or not I should link our new UT park tickets to my MDE account? We currently have tickets listed but they are definitely from our last trip. Should I deactivate those? (sorry I guess that is two questions)

The last time I asked this question in confusion (in August) I was told to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. So I haven't because I was afraid of messing things up. But now that we are closer, I figured I would ask again
Thanks in advance for the help! :goodvibes

For those January guests that were able to make their FP+ reservations - do you have your trip paid in full? Our 60 days is next week but we don't plan on paying the balance of our trip until the 45 day mark. Just curious if we will be able to make our choices for FP+ at 60 days (if available).

TIA

I asked this before... from what I heard people were able to customize MB's and use FP+ without your trip being paid in full.

I have a Jan 5th arrival and cannot pick FP+ times. Are some Jan 5th people able to do it?

I talked to cast member today and they said that I won't be able to get my fast pass plus or magic bands until Disney decides if they are either extending testing or rolling out the complete magic band fast pass plus experience. It was and I T guy who fixed my issues in my Disney experience. He said no one really knows when Disney will make that call. It could be November or even December and to just keep checking online to see. He said most likely I will get something in the mail or by email to let me know I can make my fast pass plus reservations later. Guess we will see once we pass that time frame. I check in Jan 10 and I am at the 66 day mark. Would that be tomorrow since that is when Jan 5 check ins hit 60 days or maybe the next day of they include Jan 5 checks ins?

TIA

Our trip will not be paid in full until we arrive (room only reservation separate from linked tickets) and had no trouble making FP+ at 60 days out.

I talked to cast member today and they said that I won't be able to get my fast pass plus or magic bands until Disney decides if they are either extending testing or rolling out the complete magic band fast pass plus experience. It was and I T guy who fixed my issues in my Disney experience. He said no one really knows when Disney will make that call. It could be November or even December and to just keep checking online to see. He said most likely I will get something in the mail or by email to let me know I can make my fast pass plus reservations later. Guess we will see once we pass that time frame. I check in Jan 10 and I am at the 66 day mark. Would that be tomorrow since that is when Jan 5 check ins hit 60 days or maybe the next day of they include Jan 5 checks ins?

Well that makes me hopeful. Not. :rolleyes: I fear that all the good FP+ selections will be snapped up by those who are able to book now and up to Disney's decision date and those arriving after the 5th will be left with less desirable times. <sigh>

Yeah. I worry about things like that.

Just had a weird convo with a phone reservations CM.

We are arriving 1/11 and staying with friends who have a timeshare until 1/17. Our friends have had to delay their arrival by a day due to work, so we figured we'd book 1 night at Pop for the 11th.

I called Disney Resort Reservations to find out if we might be able to get Fastpass+ for that night or more.

I explained the situation and that we had bought 6 day tickets. I asked if we could make any Fastpass+ reservations while we were staying at Pop. The CM said the following (I tried to transcribe exactly what he said, this is as close as I could get)

"Oh, well if you link 6-day tickets, then you can make FP+ reservations for the entire time--oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to speak out of turn there. Uhhh...well....when did you say you will be arriving? The 11th...well, the test is over on the 5th, and we haven't announced what will be doing after that. Since we don't really know how it works, I think it's safest to say that it will be limited to the number of days on your resort stay. So you might be able to make FP+ reservations for January 11th only."

When I asked if the "old Fastpass" was still going to be in the parks, the CM was adamant that "the same system you have used before will still be up and running while you are there."

I found this pretty interesting.
1. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to speak out of turn there....whoa. Guess Disney doesn't want people to know you can currently access FP+ for the whole time on your ticket, even if you only stay on property for 1 night??

2. It seemed to me like if FP+ is rolled out for real after the 5th, it will be limited to resort guests only???? But since the CM was backpedaling at this point, I don't really know what to make of it--I think they have definitely been given instructions not to say certain things for sure though.

3. The CM was EXTREMELY definitive that legacy Fastpass- would still be available in mid-January. Given that he was hedging and covering his tracks at this point in the convo, I take this seriously.

I'm probably going to book that night at Pop regardless (tye-dyed cheesecake and all) and if we get FP+, hey, bonus! (or a curse, depending on how it goes ;) )

I am arriving on January 5th, sitting firmly in MDE at 61 days to go, so still unable to make FP+ selections. My parents will be joining us for one night only at the end of the week, I have no idea how to make our selections and link them in for the two days they will be with us, or if that's even possible. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter