• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 9, 2010 Western Magic

Hello everyone --

Happy New Year!

We've been looking for you all on 'CruiseCritics' and then "Greg and Judy" from Greendale, WI pointed us here. We finally found you. :)

This is our FIRST time on a Disney cruise and first time on this forum so we are all wide-eyed and excited.

Maybe too late for FE, but, if you don't mind, we may crash your party at 3:00 pm. :confused3

We are three seniors, my DW DS and myself and hope you allow us to join you.

Al, Debbie and Wendy

Hi DisneyDDS --

My husband is running the 1/2 marathon on the 9th before heading to the port. We cannot wait!!!:)

If you or your husband happen to meet runner Amy Banfer or her dad, Ray Banfer, from Elkridge, Maryland at the 1/2 marathon on the 9th, surprise them by saying hello from their friends in Laurel, Md.

Thanks,
Al and Debbie Brown
Magic stateroom 7574

Hello everyone --

Happy New Year!

We've been looking for you all on 'CruiseCritics' and then "Greg and Judy" from Greendale, WI pointed us here. We finally found you. :)

This is our FIRST time on a Disney cruise and first time on this forum so we are all wide-eyed and excited.

Maybe too late for FE, but, if you don't mind, we may crash your party at 3:00 pm. :confused3

We are three seniors, my DW DS and myself and hope you allow us to join you.

Al, Debbie and Wendy

Be sure to come to the meet! It's a great chance to meet everyone

I'm on the 9th as well! So excited!

How are you guys preparing for the weather, packing wise? I am also concerned about doing anything related to the beach in Cozumel since the high is 75ish.

HI Everyone, I know there was some talk of trading earlier. How many pins are you all bringing?

I have a bunch that are still on the backer cards for trade. I was wondering if I should bring those and I am also going to bring 2 laynards for trading.

Does anyone have DCL pin sfor trade or are you trading other pins? :santa:

HI Everyone, I know there was some talk of trading earlier. How many pins are you all bringing?

I have a bunch that are still on the backer cards for trade. I was wondering if I should bring those and I am also going to bring 2 laynards for trading.

Does anyone have DCL pin sfor trade or are you trading other pins? :santa:

I'm bringing a two books...I'll be hitting downtown disney before the cruise to trade...I have a ton of everything and a bit of cruise pins. My dad will probably bring a few of his books as well...I've told him to bring his cruise book because you collect cruise pins...I collect figment/goofy/tink and whatever the heck strikes my fancy at any given moment...my sibs are bringing their pins but they're not real serious traders but would love to trade if anyone else's kids would want to trade

Hi fellow cruisers. I checked in many months ago and haven't been back till recently. I was wondering if any of you are doing any of the dive excursions in Cozumel or Grand Cayman? My DD23 is signed up for both, but no one else in our travel party is certified, so she's basically going herself. She's a little nervous about not having a dive partner or knowing anyone who's going. Anyone out there? Just to refresh, our party is me, DH, DD23, DS18, my sister, her husband, their DD13 and DS10. Also, since the last time I checked in, my sister's friend, husband, DD14 and DS11 have joined our group.
I know this is a last minute question, but I was hoping to find someone to help ease my daughter's apprehension. Thanks.
Sheri

Luckily I packed some warm clothes. We are in Cocoa Beach at the Raddisson and it's very nice! We were going to stay here pre-cruise but since it is so cold we modified our ressie to tonight and are heading South til Cruise Time. It is supposed to gradually get better but expect cold, damp and windy at least for the first few days. Cozumel predicting 75 and Grand Cayman 79 for the respective days.

Once again I will head for Rocking Bard D as soon as we board and will try to get ressie for several of us for tea. Look for me , I will be very green and easy to spot...and see you at the meet..welcome to the new folks...we hope to see you at them meet as well!!

Yes, it's a bit chilly. This Saturday when we board, the forecast for the port is low of 40, high of 59, with probably a 15 mph breeze. So pack that warm jacket, folks!

A few days ago at WDW it was cold enough for me to wear a leather jacket and winter hat. If this weather continues, I may be wearing one when we board. :lmao:

BTW - It's supposed to get down to 29 tonight where I live, and I'm only an hour from WDW and less than that from Port Canaveral. Can we say "Winter?"

I'm bringing a two books...I'll be hitting downtown disney before the cruise to trade...I have a ton of everything and a bit of cruise pins. My dad will probably bring a few of his books as well...I've told him to bring his cruise book because you collect cruise pins...I collect figment/goofy/tink and whatever the heck strikes my fancy at any given moment...my sibs are bringing their pins but they're not real serious traders but would love to trade if anyone else's kids would want to trade

Cool

I will bring whatever I have that I want to trade:woohoo:

See you all soon

John

Hope everyone has safe travel getting to the cruise. We're leaving first thing in the am so I'll be signing off for the week. See you all on the Cruise!

We leave tomorrow, too! Don't forget to go and print out your list of FE names so you know where to deliver your goodies next week!

Everyone have a safe trip and stay warm till we meet for some Magic...

Ugh!! I've been so busy with the holidays and working, that I STILL don't have anything packed!!! :scared1:
I haven't gone thru my pins either! Oh boy oh boy...

It was 17 degrees here this morning, and highs of 33 - 40 all week, so I'm definitely looking forward to some warm weather!!

I did call and get the list of movies for the week...let's see if I can remember them all...
The Proposal
The Princess & the Frog
A Christmas Carol - 3D
Race to Witch Mtn
Up
Hannah Montana
Surrogates

To all that are getting ready to leave - have a safe trip!! And we'll see you Saturday!

It was 17 degrees here this morning, and highs of 33 - 40 all week, so I'm definitely looking forward to some warm weather!!
Currently 43 here less than an hour from the port. Expect temps when we board to be around that (and high twenties, low thirties overnight here). Just mentioning it in case you have not read recent posts. Bring a warm jacket! ;)

Currently 43 here less than an hour from the port. Expect temps when we board to be around that (and high twenties, low thirties overnight here). Just mentioning it in case you have not read recent posts. Bring a warm jacket! ;)

I did read them... :sad2: so I decided to focus on the posts about the weather in Cozumel & Grand Cayman :woohoo: hehehe
I always bring a light jacket or sweatshirt anyway because I LOVE being on the deck or the balcony at night and sometimes it's a little chilly. Hopefully I won't need more than that ;)

Oh!! I meant to mention this in my other post...

I just ordered some pins off ebay - awesome seller that I bought from 3 times on our WDW trip - lol!! They're great pins (LOTS of hidden Mickey ones too!) and she sells however many you want at $1.15 each. She will overnight to you, and also deliver to your resort, etc if you're in WDW. Her id is funmamas. .....just in case anybody needs to make last minute pin purchases!! :rolleyes1

Just found this thread, thanks to Luv2cruisedisney, John!

We will be cruising on this cruise with you all and are pin trader/collectors, especially DCL pins! I will bring my one bag of DCL pins because I won't have enough room for much more!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow cruisers we are Castaway Club members and can't wait for this one. I just hope the weather cooperates!!

Janis & David & Shelly (adult daughter) and Ethan 2 1/2 years old and 2nd DCL cruise!

See you all at 3pm in the Promenade!

Worry wart here is nervous about our Grand Cayman day as the weather looks to be rainy that day. If it is raining badly, we may not want to do our dolphin swim. Does anyone know the cancellation policy on the day? I can't seem to find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter