• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 8, 2012 Mexican Riviera

So much fun and excitement!!! i think my local friends are getting tired of hearing how excited I am about our fabulous vacation!! My girls have decided after seeing a few videos and trip report photos that they would like to go on a cruise but we don't have tickets. We aren't going to tell them about the trip until the morning of the trip (otherwise they won't go to bed the night before). We may wait to tell them about the cruise until we get to the port. Honestly, they will be so thrilled to get on an airplane with Grandmom they may forget to ask, yeah right! They love riding on buses so the DCL transfer will be a thrill too. Love that they are so easily pleased. The cruise is going to be amazing!!!

Great that we are having the meet early so we can recognize you all.

I wouldn't mind helping you out, but couldn't you just call DCL- I imagine they would be more than willing to help you out- especially if your hubby is in a wheelchair.

Thank you, I appreciate you trying to look! :goodvibes Unfortunately, DCL on land has not been very helpful, they just said to ask once onboard. But, once onboard tables have already been mostly assigned. This time around I am trying to be proactive. :)

Tess I will also help u out so if someone can remind me LOL I will do it ! I just dont want to be the only one on here and forget LOL

Thank you so much! If you forget don't worry about it, just enjoy your cruise!

wich i would have found this web site before. Travelling alone with my 8 years old daughter on deck 2 (stateroom 2046). Really hope to make freinds. We are from montreal canada and my little girl only speaks french. see ya all

There is a DISer on our cruise named CanadianDisneyMom ...herfamily is already on their way to California. I believe she has a son near your daughter's age, but not exactly sure. They are from New Brunswick, so I'm not sure if her son speaks french or not. There will be CM who do speak french. My husband speaks it as well, (not that that helps her :D lol) ...come to our meet and greet at 3:00 on the first day at the Promenade. You and your daughter can meet some other people!! :)

Hey didn't someone post that they have a child who only speaks french. From canada too or is it the same family I'm behind here lol ....

That was on FB- I think it's the same family :) Either that, or they really need to get together because they have the same circumstances! ;)

Every time we cruise, about a week before we leave, I start to get all nervous. I've been so hyped up over everything for so long that it all finally just hits me and I start to worry about things that I've never actually worried about on board...
What if it's not as much fun as last time?
What if I feel seasick?
What if I get bored?
What if it's over with too quick?

My husband has to keep reminding me to calm myself down and chill out. haha. I'm going to the mall today with my sister to take my mind of things. haha.

I'll finally calm down and be OK on Sunday when we leave for the airport. :)

I have those same worries!! The mall is a good idea. We have been going to the heated pool. I have thought about packing and then get back on the disboards :)

I realized about 2 days ago that our trip is just around the corner. I think I was just so preoccupied with Christmas, that I didn't have a chance to "worry"! Now, I'm worried AND since this is my first cruise, I'm afraid that I've hyped this cruise up so much that I'm scared I'll be disappointed. I'm afraid my daughter, who has anxiety issues in new situations, while not be able to relax enough to enjoy herself.

It hasn't "hit me" yet.
It still seems like something that isn't actually going to happen.

:cool2:
wich i would have found this web site before. Travelling alone with my 8 years old daughter on deck 2 (stateroom 2046). Really hope to make freinds. We are from montreal canada and my little girl only speaks french. see ya all

My daughter is 7.5-- we will be in 2108. She does not speak French but she would love to meet your daughter and would be willing to learn some! :-)

I'm with brumbie! I still don't believe this cruise is actually going to happen. I'm sure we'll forget something and fork over more money to walt's great-great--great grandkids college fund. We are excited and since this our first cruise we don't know what to expect. All I know is that we are diz nerds and unless the ship sinks (watched titanic today btw. Kids wanted too!) I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Sarah and I are putting our FE gift bags together right now! The next time the ship docks at San Pedro we will be getting on!

I am also worried about my kids liking the club, hoping the little one doesn't have accidents, what to do if my kids are having such a great time that they don't want to spend time with us....

I think we all worry that we have built this up so much in our minds that it can never deliver....alas I suppose that is the purpose of pixie dust. ;)

I think we all worry that we have built this up so much in our minds that it can never deliver....alas I suppose that is the purpose of pixie dust. ;)

I'm kind of dumb to worry so much because our last cruise was everything we imagined it would be and then some!

I know this is my first cruise and all, but all of us on the disboards are prepared with all kinds of tricks and tips! Plus, no matter how many times I've been to Disneyland- it's never boring or less than it was last time! This is Disney- I have to believe that it will be every bit as magical! :cheer2:

Hi all
Im with suzanne let the pixie dust do the work ! It will be GREAT the kids will love the clubs - the kids clubs are with kids ALL the time dont worry they will remember to take you kids potty ( TRUST ME I taught pre k for years accidents suck especially if your the one who forgot to remind the 3 year old ) And look at the bright side -YOUR NOT AT WORK your relaxing doing nothing or doing something but always busy DOING - kids will all probbably be a little shy at first but I assure everyone who has kids who comes to the meet up at 3 it WILL help - every single meet up I go to the kids all go one way and the adults the other way - The kids make friends and there are all kinds of kids - shy ones more extroverted ones older ones older older ones LOL they have a familiar face to buddy up with when they see them again on the cruise :-) it helps a LOT ..... For MrsSmith ( I think it was you sorry ) Try not to worry - I bet your daughter will surprise you :0) She will have friends the first day I bet !

ok everyone BREATHE ..... BREATHE ..... BREATHE ......
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: more sleeps !

See yall at the port and I LOVE the thinking of - the next time Wonder pulls into port we board ! WOO HOO

13 degrees in the windy city of Chicago today! I just put under armour on under my scrubs to go to the hospital today :eek: I am sooooo ready for the cruise to be here!!!! 5 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter