Jan 8, 2012 Mexican Riviera

Hello!

Our family just booked this cruise (our first) last weekend, and my Passporter directed me here--and I wanted to say hello! My husband and I have a soon to be 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter, both of whom are hoping to make some new friends onboard. We are from Colorado, and are really looking forward to relaxing in the warmth and having fun as a family. Any other kids of similar age?

Laura
:)

Welcome Laura!
Do you know your room number yet?

This is the first cruise that my wife and I have ever been on also. We are so excited. We don't have any kids yet, but I know there will be plenty of kids on board for your kids to meet! :)

Welcome, Laura!! I have an 8 year old girl and a ten year old boy! There are a few others that I've seen as well. Are you going to participate in the Fish Extenders?

My turn to chime in and say hello!!!! Lets see if anyone can figure out who my DW is??? LOL. We're so looking forward to this trip and getting involved with FE and door decorating. It's all DW and I talk about in our spare moments right now

I'm planning on A. One gift per stateroom delivered on one day.

I'll update the FE with all of the new staterooms tomorrow morning!

We signed up for the outdoor adventure as well. It sounds awesome and I'm totally going to youtube it right now!

Carrey !!!! WOOOOOoooooo Im so glad you booked it ! SECRET ! we stop at a Tequilla distillery on the way back for a little bit too !:woohoo:

Brumbie THANKS ! your not stealing my thunder at all I need orginization!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I had someone on my last cruise meet board do some web page survey thing where we voted for a cruise name * hint hint we need a name folks * maybe someone here is smart enough to figure out how to do that for the ABCDE thing - it wont be me :rotfl2: Im dumb :confused3

we r getting closer folks !
And carrey has me all amped up from her vid !

Hi everyone!
My husband and I plan to do:

A - I plan on doing one gift per stateroom for the cruise
(although I will include one item for each person in that one big gift, if that helps to know)

So excited! Only 55 days to go!

That adventure DOES look fun.
I'm about 30lbs too heavy for any of the adventure stuff. :(

The thing I'm most sad about is missing the horseback riding in PV. I REALLY wanted to get into the jungle. Being from Las Vegas, I wanted to see less desert and more trees.

We're doing the cooking class in PV and SCUBA diving and Rhino 4x4's in Cabo.
I'm sad that we'll miss the glass factory because I've always wanted to go to one, but since I had to cancel the horses, I took the glass factory tour off of the itinerary and added the Rhinos.

Before we had a "small day" (glass factory) a "medium day" (horseback riding) and a "WOW day" (SCUBA diving)

When I found out I couldn't do the horseback riding, I rearranged things. now our small day is the PV cooking class (I want to learn to make good guacamole), our medium day is the Rhino (I guess rhinos are tougher than horses) and our WOW day, still SCUBA diving.

It's the intro SCUBA diving because my wife has never been before. I'm certified, but it's been so long since I've dived that I'm going to need to have a refresher, so this will be good. But I found out we can't take dive cameras on the dive, which is kind of annoying.

The FE Survey
A - I plan on doing one gift per stateroom for the cruise
B- I plan on doing one gift per room a few times
C- I plan on doing all cabins all days
D- I plan on doing all cabins all days as long as the group is split or a managable number or
E - other ( let us know your plans )

Plan A
Brumbie13
carreyw
laalac

Plan B

Plan C
Canadian_Disney_Mom

Plan D
denversees4me
JBTZHGC_Smith
MrsJames

Plan E

Brumbie THANKS ! your not stealing my thunder at all I need orginization!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Oh good. I am staff on a couple of other forums, so I'm used to being helpful, but sometimes, when it's not my "job" to help, I feel like I'm stepping on other people's toes by jumping in like that. I'm glad you appreciate it. :)

* hint hint we need a name folks *
This, I can't help with. I've never cruised before, so I don't know anything about naming a group. :confused3

Thanks for the welcome Brumbie13, MrJames and JBTZHGCSmith! I will have to look into the Fish Extenders-- it does sound like something the kids would love, I just don't fully understand what it is yet.

I'm glad to know your similar age kids will be on board JBTZHGCSmith! Will both your eight year old and your ten year old go to the Lab? I feel a little funny about them missing school that week, but I know it will be a life long memory for us all.

Laura

I also forgot to add that my dad Matt (who is not on the boards) in going to be doing A: one gift.

And I have a name suggestion for our cruise!

Mariachi Mickey's Mucho Maravilloso Mexican Riviera Cruise!

Am I missing anyone from this list?

We will have our Meet & Greet at 3pm on Sunday, January 8, in the Promenade Lounge.

The following is current as of November 14, 2011. If you haven't already updated your cabin assignment, please let me know.

MICANDKAY – Vicki and Caitlin (DD20) – Cabin 2610
BABEPAYNE – Adrianne, Matt, Drew (DS15), Chloe (DD10), Ireland (DD8) – Cabin?
CARREYW – Carrey and Jesse – Cabin 2614
-- Matt (Carrey’s dad) – Cabin 2616
JACK&SALLY19 – Kaitlyn and Tommie – Cabin?
COXFAM04 – Samantha, Jesse, Marley (DS), Josie – Cabin?
-- Sparkling, Matt, Kailah (DD), Bryanna – Cabin?
-- Bryan and Sandy – Cabin?
-- David, Noell (DD) – Cabin?
DENVERSEES4ME – Cari, Julie, Denver (seeing eye dog) – Cabin 7631
THEMYHRAS -- Aimee, Lauren (17), Mackenzie (14), Owen (11) – Cabin 7060
LUVMYKIDS—Jordana , Josh, Jake (DS14), Chase (DS11) – Cabin 8086
MARIANNER-- Marianne, Yrwin, Darius (DS2) - Cabin 5022
ICHABODY— Brian, Masako, Sarah (DD12), Andrew (DS10), Kyle (DS7) – Cabin 8520
CANADIAN DISNEY MOM —Jessica, Paul, Ethan (DS9) – GTY
LAALAC – Leslie, DH – Cabin 7123
MRSJAMES – Stacie, Mike, (DD12), (DS10), (DS5) – Cabin 8026
JBTZHGC_SMITH – Jody, Brooke, Tate (DS12), Zane (DS10), Hope (DD8), Gage (DS6), Cale (DS4) – Cabin GTY
BRUMBIE13 – Adrian and Nikole – Cabin 7541
LEDFULLER – Laura, DH, DS10, DD7 – Cabin?

The cutoff date for the FE will be Thanksgiving, November 24th. If you would like to participate in the FE, please let me know before then.

FE LIST

Deck 2
Cabin 2610 -- MICANDKAY
Cabin 2614 – CARREYW
Cabin 2616 – Matt

Deck 5
Cabin 5022 – MARIANNER

Deck 7
Cabin 7060 – THEMYHRAS
Cabin 7123 – LAALAC
Cabin 7541 -- BRUMBIE13
Cabin 7631 – DENVERSEES4ME

Deck 8
Cabin 8026 -- MRSJAMES
Cabin 8086 – LUVMYKIDS
Cabin 8520 – ICHABODY

Unknown Deck
Cabin GTY -- CANADIAN DISNEY MOM
Cabin GTY -- JBTZHGC_SMITH
BABEPAYNE
JACK&SALLY19
COXFAM04

Has anyone with a GTY room gotten your room assignements yet? I was on another topic on the board and someone from our sailing said they got their room assigment on Friday.

I have not heard anything yet on mine - I am dying to know where we will be!

Jess

Denver, I saw that you made an event on FB for the meet and greet but thought we should mention it here as well. It's at 3pm on Sunday, January 8, in the Promenade Lounge, right?

Thanks for adding us to the list! My husband is Ernie, our 10 year old (actually-- he turns 10 next month) is Jackson and our 7 1/2 year old is Leah. We do not have a cabin assigment yet (GTY)-- but I guess we are category 9. Also, my mother and my mother in law may come along, too. Marilyn and Dorothy.

:-)

Thanks for adding us to the list! My husband is Ernie, our 10 year old (actually-- he turns 10 next month) is Jackson and our 7 1/2 year old is Leah. We do not have a cabin assigment yet (GTY)-- but I guess we are category 9. Also, my mother and my mother in law may come along, too. Marilyn and Dorothy.

:-)

I've updated your info! Were you interested in joining the FE? We can all answer any questions you have about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter