• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 5, 2013 Fish Extender Thread!

Can you add us too please! :) This will be the kids' first cruise - probably like a bunch of us on the january sailings, we're not telling them until christmas day! Can't wait!

Disboard name: Shannoook
Real first names of everybody in your stateroom:

room: 10644
Me - Shannon (35)
DH - Troy (40)
DD - Kaylin (12)
DD - Madigan (9)

room : 10646
DMIL - Ruth
DS - Collin (14)
DS - Cory (12)
DS - Nole (10)

If you will be celebrating anything:
Combined celebration of: My birthday (12/23), Nole's Birthday (1/23) & Ruth's b-day (1/27)

No Allergies

We are a starwars loving family!

So excited to participate in the FE!! We are a family of crafters, so I'm hoping to have all the kids work on gifts. There's a lot of us - so maybe we'll spread ours out. lol.

Forgive me, I didn't read all six pages but were we going to do an assigned night, one night, or whenever we feel like?

I have added your family to the list.

Hi!

I would love it if we could join in for the extenders, this is a first cruise for all of us

Disboard name is somd mama

We still don't have room assignment....we are GTY...should I be scared?
Ryan (husband) 35 years old
Adele (me) 35 years old
Ricky (son) 4 years old....loves ninjas and princesses

Amber (daughter) almost 2 years old

We are celebrating our five year wedding anniversary

Hi!

I would love it if we could join in for the extenders, this is a first cruise for all of us

Disboard name is somd mama

We still don't have room assignment....we are GTY...should I be scared?
Ryan (husband) 35 years old
Adele (me) 35 years old
Ricky (son) 4 years old....loves ninjas and princesses

Amber (daughter) almost 2 years old

We are celebrating our five year wedding anniversary

Apparently you don't need to be scared about being a GTY. I have added your family to the list congrats on getting a room assignment 47 minutes after joining the fish extender group!
Two questions for you; any allergies in your family? What characters do you and your husband like?

I was wondering if you had a guesstimation on how many people participating so far. I know the deadline is Dec. 1, but I am trying to get as many as possible put together and a rough estimate would be super helpful. Thanks!!:flower3:

I was wondering if you had a guesstimation on how many people participating so far. I know the deadline is Dec. 1, but I am trying to get as many as possible put together and a rough estimate would be super helpful. Thanks!!:flower3:

There are 71 people total right now and 22 staterooms. The approximate people per age group is as follows:
Ages 0-4: 6 people Ages 5-9: 12 people Ages 10-14: 10 people
Ages 15-19: 3 people Ages 20-30: 1 person Ages 31-40: 14 people
Ages 41-50: 11 people Ages 51-60: 4 people Ages 61-70: 2 people
Ages 71-80:
Ages 81 and up: 2 people Unknown ages: 5 people

I hope this breakdown helps everybody.

1b. coloradodumbo:
Names: Dolores (Pete) (82 grandma/ DMIL) , Caroline (female cousin, 15), and Jeanne (female cousin, 11)
Stateroom: 11004
Celebrations: celebrating a b-lated b-day for Pete, Caroline, Jeanne and Pete's 1st cruise
Favorite Character: Pete- tba, Caroline- tba, Jeanne- tba
Allergies: NO ALLERGIES

Pete is in parenthesis, I was confused as to why. Is he and adult or child? I am starting my FE planning and I hate to leave Pete outta the fun!

1b. coloradodumbo:
Names: Dolores (Pete) (82 grandma/ DMIL) , Caroline (female cousin, 15), and Jeanne (female cousin, 11)
Stateroom: 11004
Celebrations: celebrating a b-lated b-day for Pete, Caroline, Jeanne and Pete's 1st cruise
Favorite Character: Pete- tba, Caroline- tba, Jeanne- tba
Allergies: NO ALLERGIES

Pete is in parenthesis, I was confused as to why. Is he and adult or child? I am starting my FE planning and I hate to leave Pete outta the fun!

Her real name is Dolores but she goes by Pete, her maiden name was Peterson and when she was in the Air Force everybody called her Pete so the name stuck with her. She is 82 years old. For the most part I put the person's age first and then what their relation is to the rest of their family and friends.

Thank you so much for the count information. Because I am a first timer, I had a question. Are we to have something for every person in the room or is it one item per room? Maybe a little rundown on how the whole fish extender operation works for us green horns would be helpful :) I would hate to not have enough for everyone.

It is your choice how you would like to share. In the past, we have given on per stateroom and then something for each child.

Please add my family to the list of participating Fish Extenders. We have two connecting cabins: 8666 & 8668. There will be five of us: DH (50), DS (14), DS (9) and grandma...who will be celebrating her 70th birthday! DH will be celebrating birthday (Jan 1), 14 year old DS will be celebrating his 15th birthday (Jan 28), and myself, celebrating my 50th (which is actually in June).

We will also be traveling with another family, who we enjoyed our first cruise with this past January on the Wonder (Mexican Riviera). They will also be signing up for the Fish Extenders.

I still have not had any lucky with joining the Facebook page, I did send Morgan a Friends Request but never received a response. I really want my 14 year old son to make some friends now so he will hang out with them in the teen clubs. Any suggestions on how to get the teens talking now?:rockband:

Thank you. We look forward to meeting everyone.

I think dec 1 would be a good day to close the . For those that personalize or travel will have time.

Hi, all. Happy Thanksgiving!! :hippie:

I am in agreement for the December 1st cut off date. I would think any family wanting to participate would already know by then. Don't mean to be a party pooper - just practical.

We're getting closer!! Woohoo! :cool1: :banana:

Please add my family to the list of participating Fish Extenders. We have two connecting cabins: 8666 & 8668. There will be five of us: DH (50), DS (14), DS (9) and grandma...who will be celebrating her 70th birthday! DH will be celebrating birthday (Jan 1), 14 year old DS will be celebrating his 15th birthday (Jan 28), and myself, celebrating my 50th (which is actually in June).

We will also be traveling with another family, who we enjoyed our first cruise with this past January on the Wonder (Mexican Riviera). They will also be signing up for the Fish Extenders.

I still have not had any lucky with joining the Facebook page, I did send Morgan a Friends Request but never received a response. I really want my 14 year old son to make some friends now so he will hang out with them in the teen clubs. Any suggestions on how to get the teens talking now?:rockband:

Welcome!! Glad you're here! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

BriannasMommy said:
BriannasMommy
I'm Susan - Traveling with DM Lorraine(83), DS Justin (18), DS Brady (15) and DD Brianna (2) - hubby had to work :(
Connecting rooms 9644 and 9646
Celebrating family with first Disney cruise
No allergies
Favorite characters: Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse, Simba, Stitch and Merida.

Can't wait! I'm so new to this. I look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Hi there. If it helps, I don't believe I gave you my age. I am 42. This is our party:

Room #1 - 9644:
Lorraine (DGMa 83)
Justin (DS 18)

Room #2 - 9646:
Susan (me DM 42)
Brady (DS 15)
Brianna (DD 2)

Working on FE gifts as I send this. :)

sandonov said:
Thank you so much for the count information. Because I am a first timer, I had a question. Are we to have something for every person in the room or is it one item per room? Maybe a little rundown on how the whole fish extender operation works for us green horns would be helpful :) I would hate to not have enough for everyone.

We have one little gift per child (age appropriate), we only spent $1 on each gift, then we have one small gift for the adults in the stateroom, under $3, best part of this gift is that it represents where we live. But I plan to personalize part of our adult gift with my cricut machine. Don't feel pressure to do more than your comfortable with. This is our first time doing the fish extender thing too. I have heard of people doing one gift per stateroom, just gifts for the kids, some do a gift everyday! Giving everyday seems like a lot to me, so sticking to one day, whatever day you want seems the best to me.

I have sort of added your family to the list I still need: NAMES, FAVORITE CHARACTERS, AND ANY ALLERGIES, please.

Also if you can see if the other family does indeed plan on signing up please make sure they know they have until DEC 1 at 8 pm eastern, that is when our fish extender list will be closing to make sure everybody has time to get their gifts in order.

Please add us!
Room # 7086
DH Jason (34) no allergies, Stitch
DM Grace (41) Allergies: seafood, pineapple. Cinderella, Mulan, Rapunzel.
DD Julianne (7), no allergies. Aurora, Rapunzel, Minnie Mouse

Sorry, forgot to include important information...
DH - Ben - fan of pirates & Mickey
Me- Patricia - Belle
DS-Ben (14 yr old) -Pirates
DS-Diego (9 yr old) - Mickey
Grandma - Maria - celebrating 70th birthday - allergies -seafood

Thank you!

Hi We will be on the January 5 fantasy cruise in room 9672 and would love to be added to the fe list. We were on the Dream a year ago and am looking forward to a 7 day instead of a 4 day. I'm sure we will not feel as rushed to experience everything. We are. Linda (63) love Eyeore. Ryan (31) loves Donald and Xavier (3) loves anything Cars. No allergies. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter