• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan. 22- 29 , 2011 Western Caribean Cruise on the Disney Magic!!!

Thank you all for the awesome FEs and Magnets, and special thanks to Kelli and others who helped organize the activities! The kids loved them and helped make it a amazing trip. They loved having something new to look forward to whenever coming back to the room. We had an incredible time and was fun to get to know many of you!

Thank you all for the awesome FEs and Magnets, and special thanks to Kelli and others who helped organize the activities! The kids loved them and helped make it a amazing trip. They loved having something new to look forward to whenever coming back to the room. We had an incredible time and was fun to get to know many of you!

Brandyn - sorry we didn't get a chance to say good-bye! When I chased Lilia back down the beach, I figured we'd be back. It was so great to meet your sweet family. When I told Lilia we are going back, the first thing she asked was, "Is Alyssa going to be there?" :) Say hi to all the girls from us!

Uh? What? Do you mean I have to actually clean up after myself and grab my own cleaning wipes instead of being offered one? Life as a peasant is so tough, you guys... :lmao:

Wow... What an amazing experience! I had an absolute blast, as you could guess by the perpetual smile on my face (which some of you might have associate with a quasi-permanent drunken state with all these alcohol tastings, but you'd be wrong! Wrong, I tell ya! *cough cough*) :drinking1

I was happy to learn that I can slurp loudly while tasting wine, to enhance the flavours perception on my palate, but it apparently is still frowned upon while drinking chocolate milk. :confused3

Me and my friends were so dazed and overwhelmed with this whole experience and the tons of activities that I wasn't able to get to a meet until late in the cruise, where Tinkerbell123 guessed that this confused and heavy-accented person was probably GiddyRhino!

Thanks again Kelly for all you did on this board, and I'm so sorry for not meeting your kids! Although for all the times I saw you roaming around the adult-only section of the ship, I guess you probably haven't seen much of your kids too, right? :tongue:

We had a great experience with our dining team, I'm sorry that some of you haven't. They went over what was expected and when I mentioned our love for spicy Indian food, they even provided us with the staff curry that they eat in the galley! It was mighty tasty and spicy... Oh, and it was on top of our regular main course! :scared1: Our assistant-server, Slobodan from Serbia, made us think of Mr. Bean! He was really funny and touching, and his early fumbles made him even more appealing. And the best news is that he learned that week that he was gonna get promoted to server on the next cruise! :banana: As for our server, Anita, I still can't believe how this tiny woman could carry 14 plates on her tray! She was fantastic, she even took the time after each meal to give us hints and tips about next day's activities!

Oh, and I won 3 times at bingo, for a total of $352 PLUS a mini facial! Apparently it worked, since I got kissed on the train on my way back... :lovestruc

Again, sorry for not showing up at more meets, but these wines weren't gonna drink themselves! :rotfl2:

Bruno, at least you didn't spray Sessions with wine at the sommelier's tasting. Ooops!! It was so great to have met you, and I'm glad you and your friends had a good time...and that your trip home was, er, eventful. ;)

I feel like the last guest at the party, still hanging around...waiting to see if anyone else announces that they're going on the February 18th Western with Lynn and me (and Mike, Tim, and Lilia of course). Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Just us, then??

Great, Lynn...we scared them all away. Oh well...more Palo for us! :rotfl:

Would love to go!! I feel we missed out on alot this time since the weather was not that great and my DD was sick for 3 days. It would only be possible if they have another prootion such as the KSF. I will keep my eye out. It wouild be neat to meet up again.

Melissa, you must have been scared out of your wits! I'm so happy that your baby was ok! Let's hope it was a one time thing!!

We had wonderful servers who were very accommodating and entertaining. Our asst server even did magic tricks for the kids. They were the highlight of our trip. It stinks that yours were a little off. :(

Most of the people we encountered were very friendly. There was this one old lady that we kept running into who was VERY rude. Other than that, things were pretty good.

We rebooked a dummy date since the you can transfer the discount, but I am not sure if we will cancel it or not. It was a lot of fun, but I feel a little trapped on a boat. I can't really explain it, but I like knowing that I can leave in my car if I needed to. On a cruise, you are kindof stuck.

We are going to WDW in June, and we're really looking forward to that!

I haven't been on here since my first post after the cruise - we adopted a dog the very next day because frankly, I'm loco, lol! Anyway he is great but taking up an extraordinary amount of time because he's only 7 months old and arrived to us with some (fixable) health problems due to being a stray and stuck in a nasty shelter before being rescued. I'm excited to watch him slowly regain trust and health!

I'm so sorry some of you got sick and had bad waiters! We loved our team and while they were slow at times, I attributed it to us having two food allergy situations. I loved 95% of what I ordered. The kids did not eat too well all week but they are excessively picky (well, at least one of them) so I just didn't worry about it. I actually thought the weather was great. Maybe I'm weird but I'm one of those people who loves Spring and Fall way more than Summer, so it not being super hot felt perfect for me. It certainly did not stop us from enjoying the plunge with stingrays or manatees or Jason going up and down Pelican Plunge nearly ALL day at CC!

Only low points: waiting an HOUR and 40 MINUTES for that princess gathering! ugh! She loved it but I'm lucky she did not starve or wet herself in line. Totally ridiculous that they don't offer more than 2 of them or at least use a ticket or room number system, to make the wait reasonable..
Also, just as we were leaving the port building on Sat, I realized we had left an entire bag containing coats and shoes under the Lumiere's breakfast table! I called immediately and also sent an email. I got a phone call this week from Lost and Found saying "sorry - nothing like that turned up." :-( I can't imagine anyone wanting our old coats and crocs so I'm really hoping that they may turn up today as the next group leaves. I've never lost anything like that before! Helen was upset because she had her whole shell collection in that bag and DH's jacket was a special Scout leader one. Maybe I'll keep hope that it will still turn up...

Anyway, we can't even book a trip to the grocery store right now because we are so spent, (lol) but hopefully in a few years we can do this again or else WDW, which my kids have never seen.

What happened with the cabanas? Didn't see that post?

One more giant thank you for the FE gifts! I could list all sort of specific things we appreciated and loved but am so worried I'll accidentally forget someone and hurt feelings so I won't. But suffice it to say it was all loved and I'm amazed at how much time many of you took to make those special!! :-)

Would love to go!! I feel we missed out on alot this time since the weather was not that great and my DD was sick for 3 days. It would only be possible if they have another prootion such as the KSF. I will keep my eye out. It wouild be neat to meet up again.

That would be fun! We switched to the March 3 sailing, in hopes that the weather might be a tad warmer. In know that for the Canadians it makes no difference, but we southerners are thin-skinned!

If anyone books (or knows someone who books) for that date, send them to the DIS page I started:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=39830201#post39830201

Fair warning...I'm no Kelli! But at least I can get us chatting before the trip. :goodvibes

oh, oh, oh! I am so excited! The same Lost and Found man who called me mid-week to say he didn't have our bag just called me again to say he believes he has it and will mail it on Monday! Ironically, I was calling and leaving a message for Lost and Found at the exact same time. I really hope it is our bag but I described it so well it just has to be. I guess it sailed for another week before making it off the ship. Too bad I couldn't have gotten *lost.* LOL!

so a thumbs up for DCL and lost items! :-)

wow finally home from an amazing trip. i wish i had got the chance to meet more of you but traveling with a group didnt leave much spare time though Alexis and i managed to find each other quite often. we spent the second week at wdw so just got home tonight. thanks for all the awesome FEs the kids got so excited checking it everyday.

Melissa sorry to hear about your dining staff as ours were amazing though i did find the food to be good, its not as good as some other cruise lines. I hope Taylor's night terrors were a one time deal.

aahhhh..........
that would be soooo awesome!

IT would be another great cruise!!!!:thumbsup2

We were actually thinking about the March 3rd cruise for my Bday but I am not sure now.

Don't worry, Chrisse - Lynn is apparently cruising on March 4th. So...um...we'll be on the 3rd, Lynn. Guess I'll be waving good-bye from the port as you're pulling up to Fish Lips for dinner??

They don't call her dizzi for nothing! :lmao:

I am glad you had such good luck. We unfortunately did not. we mistakenly left my sons BRAND new cell phone in the cupboard, and when I called, it was nowhere to be found. Strange, but such as life i guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter