• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan. 22- 29 , 2011 Western Caribean Cruise on the Disney Magic!!!

Sorry guys i am tooo tired to do anythng else but sit here sooo....
I can type........

For those of you who have NOT been.....

Tips i can think of...........
1. If you plan on taking motion sickness meds take them about 4 hours before you get on the ship.

2. Where do you put all that luggage......After you empty your luggage, one person hold up the bed and the other slide your luggage under the bed...You will have troubel finding spot for luggage if you dont do this.

3. If you still need more room.....ask your room stewart to take the large stool out of your room...it i basically the chari to the desk....BUT WILL YOU REALLY NEED A DESK ON YOUR CRUISE???

4. IF YOU LOVE THE soap products and want more ask for them they only replenish half way through the cruise as they are fairly large sizes.

5. If you have a window or a verandah put a alrge sticker or something ont he window so you know your rooms from out no other reason excpet that it is cool to take a picture of your room from OUT of the ship.

6. IF you happen to get intoxicated.....DO NOT LOOK DOWN atr the carpet as you walk through a long hallway!!!!!:scared1:

I love the tops but now DH is mad because I told him I needed to buy a window cling for the veranda....lol. "MORE?" he said...lol He just doesn't get it

Well all the clothes, flip-flops, and such ive ordered are now here. Took a few items in today to be altered....I'm short, I have to have alot of my pants hemed. but they will be done by thur. Tomorrow I finish packing, YEAH!
FE done:cool1::cool1: I do agree with the sorting them by floors, it really dose help. I will do that as well tomorrow. My mom is still working on hers, she wont tell me what it is:confused3.... but she's been working on them for awhile now. My FE are going to take up a whole suitecase, or at least most of one! My bet is we'll have 7 bags, 3 backpacks, and 2 lg carry ons... holly cow thats going to be like $140 each way. I was adding up what are tips, excursions, photos, taxis, bingo, airport food, shooping, stuff like that...this is almost as bad as the price of the cruise...that wasn't the hard part, telling my DH the total was :scared1:

I never totalled up all the FE items and extra stuff I bought in fear DH may tell me I am headding to the place with the "hug me" jackets. He already thinks I am crazy for being so obsessed with this trip. He did however say our excursions were less than he thought!

THAT SNOW IS RIDICULES!!!!! I was looking at the 15 day forcast of our ports and orlando. looks like we might get a little rain here and there but mostly temps in the 70's.... I'm sure we are all ready for that:goodvibes

I think it was Kelli or Tammy who said on the Facebook page that it only rains enough to cool things off late int he afternoon so if that is how it goes I can definitley handle that! Anything is better than this snow! Mind you it is warming up today and all this week. We are already at -8°C @ 8 am!

Hi!

My train will be leaving in 8 hours, for my NYC pre-cruise trip, so I guess I'll talk to you onboard if we happen to show up at the same Meets!

I want to thank you a lot for these funny and educative posts, it certainly made my preparation easier! Well, not THAT easier, since I'm not not finished and I'll only get a few hours of sleep, but that's more because of my procrastination... :sad2:

Good luck with your last minute preparations!

À bientôt! :yay:

Have a great trip and be safe! SEE YOU SOON!!! ( Yes I know he wont see this)

But maybe if 70%+ of the people on board use the good or manly smelling stuff our noses will become acclimated to it and the smell will only be recognized in our subconscious as a group odor, except for during the time the individual actually is using it. Kinda like those that wear way too much cologne or perfume but they don't notice it cause their nose has got use to smell and blocks it out. Just a deep thought while reading thread too late at night when I should be in bed. lol :dance3: (Oh yeah, sticking on the shower/shampoo subject calls for another, probably my last chance to post the "three overly happy Smileys putting on shampoo in the shower". :lmao:

I think this could be used to find your way back to the ship if you get lost in port! Just put your nose int he air and follow the smell! :dance3: The least that could happen is you may find a crusiemat that knows the way!...lol.

Welcome to our board!

Thank you for the tips dizzi! DD will love to find our cabin with one of the window clings on the door! :)

Chrisse, holy moly!!!! Do you need to shovel a path for your dog??? My golden retriever loves the snow but we need to shovel a path for him. :) Everyone thinks we are crazy! I will say our snow is right now up to our mailbox...right under the box. I can't imagine it even more!!!

GiddyRhino, I apparently jinxed it. We got some snow last night and it's supposed to get icey this morning. The kids around here don't have snow...and while it's not Canadian snow....people act like they have never seen snow before! Ugghh! I don't think it is too bad though and the city should be cleaned up. Enjoy your trip!

FabFivePA, PLEASE let me know how Mary Poppins is!!! DD is obssessed with Mary Poppins. We've watched it hundreds of times. It's funny because it's the only movie she'll watch. I'm not sure if she'll sit through the show yet but it might be a fun birthday present for her if she sits through the shows on the cruise.

Two more days until we leave! Started packing and it's going slow. We're already 3 large suitcases and a backpack for each of us with 1 carryon. Thankfully DH travels a lot too, so we get unlimited suitcases and weight without a charge. :)

Yea, we shovel off the back deck for Zoey and a path she can use. Her and the kids like jumping off the deck because the snow is just as high as the deck...lol.

I am sooo excited i am about to cry......

OH MY that means i will probally cry this time when we sail away.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I am such an emotional mess right now that I will probably cry too...lol. Within the past week whenever someone texts me(my text ringtone is the horn sound) I almost loose it. We can cry together! I have Kleenex in my carryon!

LOL OK, I dont think I made 300 but I ran out of things to say! I have no idea how to even check what I am at...lol.

Off to work in 45 mins! Should be loading up the truck in about 5 hrs then we are off to the city to do some shopping and see my mom and dad. They are Bird/dog sitting.

See you all in a few days! You wont be able to miss me... I will be the one telling her husband "OMG! I can't believe we are really here!!!" :tigger: :tinker: :donald: :mickeyjum

I think this could be used to find your way back to the ship if you get lost in port! Just put your nose int he air and follow the smell! :dance3: The least that could happen is you may find a crusiemat that knows the way!...lol.

Hahahaha LOVE IT!!!
But i will stick with smelling like a mandarian orange.

I am such an emotional mess right now that I will probably cry too...lol. Within the past week whenever someone texts me(my text ringtone is the horn sound) I almost loose it. We can cry together! I have Kleenex in my carryon!

OMG .......so is mine!!!!!!
My last cruise....My Dh keptcalling me while i was inthe terminal (he didnt go) and everyone would look at me like i was crazy!!!:guilty::guilty:

Lokkabear 293
dizzi 276
Tinkerkell123 250
kaj1436 155
Cheechow 144
FabFivePA 66
threewilmingtonwalls 56
clawmachine 55
Melissa&Shawn 48
Kayleebug 44
SSR Lover 40
endorphin8 31
Spokavegas 30
partyoffour 28
Royfam 25
GiddyRhino 18

I think it was Kelli or Tammy who said on the Facebook page that it only rains enough to cool things off late int he afternoon so if that is how it goes I can definitley handle that! Anything is better than this snow! Mind you it is warming up today and all this week. We are already at -8°C @ 8 am!

Okay, I am sorry, but that is NOT warm!! :eek:

I never totalled up all the FE items and extra stuff I bought in fear DH may tell me I am headding to the place with the "hug me" jackets. He already thinks I am crazy for being so obsessed with this trip. He did however say our excursions were less than he thought!

I am not about to total up what I spent on FE's, not to mention time used to do them... ;)

OMG .......so is mine!!!!!!
My last cruise....My Dh keptcalling me while i was inthe terminal (he didnt go) and everyone would look at me like i was crazy!!!:guilty::guilty:

I have Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me as my ringtone. Except my mom who I know is calling because her calls get the Wicked Witch of the West ring tone. I really wanted the DH to put that as my ring tone on his phone, but haven't convinced him yet. I think it would be hilarious! :lmao:

Does anyone know what time the cruise desk opens AT the airport to check in for the cruise? Also what time does the first bus leave for Port Canaveral if we are doing the Disney transfers? I know they go ahead and give the boarding number now at the airport...just didn't know if thats based on the earlier you get there or what? We aren't concierge. :) THANKS!! D:)

I have my moms a different ring tone too just so i can brace myself for the call.

AHHHHH she already left......wow

She is already on vacation and i have to work for 2 more days!!!

ugghhhh.

i bought DD flipn flops and then had to take them back BOUGHT dS SWIM TRUNKS AND HAVE TO TKE THEM BACK....UUGHHH

Teen agers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter