• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan. 22- 29 , 2011 Western Caribean Cruise on the Disney Magic!!!

Question to anyone who may know....
What time is sunset/sunrise at our destinations? Just a rough idea as to how much sunlight we will see. It is finally staying lighter here. I hated when it was dark till 9 am and then dark again by 4pm :sad2:

I do know that sunset on our day in Key West is currently estimated at 6:06pm. I'd guess that the others will be around the same time possibly?

- Karla

I should be reading the posts I missed today all at once and responding at the same time----how do you guys quote more than one post at a time?

My oldest DS will be turning 9 on our Key West day. Did any of you see my question on the main thread about what kind of cakes they're doing now? My DH and I both got the dreaded slice of jello fluff for our bdays on the last cruise.....and I was going to put in a dining rotation request, but wanted to know if they did different cakes in the diff dining rooms. ANYWHOO- some guy responds and tells me that they don't always bring it out on their ACTUAL birthday and I should be prepared for that. Huh?!? That would be so sad for a 9 yr old!! I plan to remind, remind and ask politely.

Oh, and others responded that they're currently serving white cake with a strawberry cream filling with the white choc banner with the pic of the cruise ship. (In case you were wondering.) ;)

Question to anyone who may know....
What time is sunset/sunrise at our destinations? Just a rough idea as to how much sunlight we will see. It is finally staying lighter here. I hated when it was dark till 9 am and then dark again by 4pm :sad2:

Key West 22Jan
Sunrise: 7:13am
Sunset: 6:05pm

Grand Cayman 25Jan
7:02 AM
6:14 PM

Cozemel 26Jan
6:26 AM
5:35 PM

That is all i can find

We are staying at the CI&S, and the person I talked to on the phone said we had to wait until the day we check in to sign up for a shuttle time. Does anyone know if that is correct? I would love to go ahead and call to sign up for a time.

I think the CI&S and the Radisson run different shuttles. I know the Radisson has their own, but I think the other hotels contract theirs with a transportation company from what I have read. This is our first time at Radisson so I am not 100% sure of that but remember reading something like that on a thread.

Lynn......

Just out of curiousity, what's your guess on how much it will cost you to upgrade to a suite? And can I follow behind you in line to pick up your verandah?!? :cool1:

I have read that it has been gotten for $1500 at the port for a week cruise.
WE are willing to go as high as $2500.....
I know it sounds high and rediculous But it is our go all out vacation maybe wont do another over the top vaca til my dd turns 18 ( 4 years from now)

I should be reading the posts I missed today all at once and responding at the same time----how do you guys quote more than one post at a time?

In the bottom right corner of each post, there are three icon buttons. The middle one, to the right of "quote", if you hover over it, it will read "multi-quote this message." Just go down the thread and click that icon for each post to which you want to reply. Then, when you hit "reply" at the very end of the thread, all the quotes will be included in your reply post. You just have to position your responses between the posts. I just figured out how to do it, too! :idea:

I took mine to FedEx/Kinko's and had them laminate. They did it all on a big sheet. Definitely cheaper than buying a laminator and WAY cheaper then magnet paper...

Is there a reason they should need to be laminated? I just sent mine to Costco and printed them on Photo paper, then planning to put 2-4 strips of the Magnet strips on the back. Printed on photo paper look real nice and weren't that expensive on the ones I printed so far. I bought the 5x7 Magnet sheets from Walmart but probably returning those since I think the magnet tape cut into strips might work just as well. Let me know for those with experience doing these if there is one better than another or if I should also laminate them still.

We have a 10am Shuttle from Raddison so we will be at port early too. I am not interested in a Suite, but if any of you upgrade to Suites and give up an Outside or Veranda room I would love to consider upgrading from our inside room on Deck 7 depending on the price difference. I'll figure out what I will be wearing or some easy way to be recognize us so if any of you do hopefully get one you might find us in the terminal so we request after you get your upgrade. I know many of us will be in the mix doing the cool Scavenger hunts with the kids so probably won't be too hard to find Disers.

I really hope one of you get a Suite, that would be very cool. If any of you do get the Roy or Walt suites especially, I would love to come and take a look at it, they sound and look awesome from the pictures. I believe our wave phones will be something like 7509-1 and 7509-2 you could text us onboard if you don't mind DW and I coming to see it.

Question for those not first time on DCL, do they have Shampoo and Conditioner in the Bathrooms and is it good quality? Some CLs do and others use cheap or soapy smelling stuff. I would rather not buy it in Cocoa night before or not pack it being heavier & risk breaking open in ziplock or luggage but will if it is not good quality for the DW & DDs with longer hair. :dance3:

ps Why are three overly happy Smiles taking shower together dancing with white shower caps on or rubbing shampoo on hair? LOL, On my laptop monitor it really looks like three smiles rubbing shampoo on their head? to funny!

The smilie faces are funny...
And if i get a suite every one can come see.

And ye they provide full size soap lotion and something else, forget but it is 3 bottles....BUT I HATE IT...my DH loves it...it is kind of manly smelling

Is there a reason they should need to be laminated? I just sent mine to Costco and printed them on Photo paper, then planning to put 2-4 strips of the Magnet strips on the back. Printed on photo paper look real nice and weren't that expensive on the ones I printed so far. I bought the 5x7 Magnet sheets from Walmart but probably returning those since I think the magnet tape cut into strips might work just as well. Let me know for those with experience doing these if there is one better than another or if I should also laminate them still.

Disregard question above, I read a few posts below after I sent and sounds like a few others had the same thing in mind and seem to work good. I printed some on photo paper and they looked horrible, probably color printer I was using, but those I sent to Costco Photo look great so I am sending the group ones there too.

And ye they provide full size soap lotion and something else, forget but it is 3 bottles....BUT I HATE IT...my DH loves it...it is kind of manly smelling

Oh, I want to come see!! :goodvibes

Disregard question above, I read a few posts below after I sent and sounds like a few others had the same thing in mind and seem to work good. I printed some on photo paper and they looked horrible, probably color printer I was using, but those I sent to Costco Photo look great so I am sending the group ones there too.

I'm glad you posted this! I was thinking of doing the same with some of mine, but I was worried that Costco might not print them because of copyrights. I'm going to upload and order some online now. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I have been meaning to post a message to you. I don't have the list in front of me, but I think we have DD's that are the same age or close, and we're right down the hall from you! Will yours be doing the kids club much?

Am I the only one that "bought" magnets?

Ok Ye Obsessive Compulsive Overplanning Checklist Gurus :rotfl:

I am a checklist kinda dude, but with several comments on here about comprehensive checklists to make sure you don't forget your checklists, has left me feeling like I might be a checklist amateur. So for those of you checklist extraordinaries (I think I actually spelled that right thanks to spell check), I would be interested in seeing your list :laundy: to see what I might be missing.

Format might come through but this is my general template I use for trips and I handwrite any trip specific things in like FEs and Magnets for this trip.
7Day+ Travel Checklist:

_ Travel documents
_ Passport & License (separate spots)
_ Shower/Toiletry Bag :dance3: (oh yeah, I had to add my 3 overly happy shower dudes into this post, and in context)
_ Camera/outdoors - Binoculars?
_ Phone/Camera cables and chargers
_ iPod/Phone and Noise Cancelling headphones
_ Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
_ Raincoat/Umbrella
_ Light Jackets
_ Antibacterial gel/spray
_ Small pack of Disinfectant wipes
_ Medications
_ Colored ZipTies to lock luggage
_ Watershoes, Mask & Snorkel for beach trips
_Small Power strip for Cruises

TRAVEL WITH FAMILY:
_ Ziplock Bags
_ Juice/Bottle Water
_ Snacks
_ Backpack
_ Theme Parks (Measure Kids Heights)
_ Name and Cell Phone number on kids, Stroller, cameras, etc
_ Games for plane and hotel
_ Surprises for plane and hotel

Clothes
_ Swimsuit
_ Pants
_ Short
_ Long Sleeve Shirts
_ Short Sleeve Shirts
_ Dress Clothes
_ Casual Shoes
_ Sandals
_ Dress Shoes
_ Underware
_Belts/Accessories

Preparation:
Day Before:
- Key/food for neighbor to watch house and pet
_ Set voicemail
_ Set Out of Office Email
_ Check weather
_ Clean toys in yard, close/lock gates
_ backup computer & USB drives
_ Listen to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" blasted on radio on way home from work before going (not really, just inserted this one, but I know many of you are like me and sing it out loud sometime between last hour of work and heading to the airport or drive)

Day of:
_ Close Doors/Windows
_ Thermostat
_ Water Plants
_ Vehicles in Garage
_ Take out garbage and expiring food
_ Unplug electical items (computer, internet, etc)
_ put Safe/valuables away
_ if many days Washer & Fridge Water Shutoff valve (had one break before )
_ Water Softner & Heater set to "Vacation"

p.s. oh, and on this trip last item/reminder I need to add to my checklist "Get a least 2 hours of sleep night before" even though I started adding my stuff to luggage over month before and DW does rest of family.

I'm glad you posted this! I was thinking of doing the same with some of mine, but I was worried that Costco might not print them because of copyrights. I'm going to upload and order some online now. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I have been meaning to post a message to you. I don't have the list in front of me, but I think we have DD's that are the same age or close, and we're right down the hall from you! Will yours be doing the kids club much?

Hello! Yes, our kids are great, have cruised enough to be comfortable going to kids club and having fun with other kids. I didn't look at deck plan but your room number looks like probably just down the hall. Our kids are social and usually have a blast at the kids clubs on the other cruise lines they have been on but we usually go with a group of cousins and this will be our first cruise with kids not having cousins along so I think they will be even more interested in playing with new friends. Alyssa is a our little blondy girl. She is a lot of fun, usually doing or saying something funny, is spunky, and just an adorable little girl.... most of the time except when she and her brother torment each other. I was going to try to post a picture of the kids this week on the kids facebook page so other kids can see who's going. Does your DD like going to the kids club much?

Ok Ye Obsessive Compulsive Overplanning Checklist Gurus :rotfl:

I am a checklist kinda dude, but with several comments on here about comprehensive checklists to make sure you don't forget your checklists, has left me feeling like I might be a checklist amateur. So for those of you checklist extraordinaries (I think I actually spelled that right thanks to spell check), I would be interested in seeing your list :laundy: to see what I might be missing.

Format might come through but this is my general template I use for trips and I handwrite any trip specific things in like FEs and Magnets for this trip.
7Day+ Travel Checklist:

_ Travel documents
_ Passport & License (separate spots)
_ Shower/Toiletry Bag :dance3: (oh yeah, I had to add my 3 overly happy shower dudes into this post, and in context)
_ Camera/outdoors - Binoculars?
_ Phone/Camera cables and chargers
_ iPod/Phone and Noise Cancelling headphones
_ Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
_ Raincoat/Umbrella
_ Light Jackets
_ Antibacterial gel/spray
_ Small pack of Disinfectant wipes
_ Medications
_ Colored ZipTies to lock luggage
_ Watershoes, Mask & Snorkel for beach trips
_Small Power strip for Cruises

TRAVEL WITH FAMILY:
_ Ziplock Bags
_ Juice/Bottle Water
_ Snacks
_ Backpack
_ Theme Parks (Measure Kids Heights)
_ Name and Cell Phone number on kids, Stroller, cameras, etc
_ Games for plane and hotel
_ Surprises for plane and hotel

Clothes
_ Swimsuit
_ Pants
_ Short
_ Long Sleeve Shirts
_ Short Sleeve Shirts
_ Dress Clothes
_ Casual Shoes
_ Sandals
_ Dress Shoes
_ Underware
_Belts/Accessories

Preparation:
Day Before:
- Key/food for neighbor to watch house and pet
_ Set voicemail
_ Set Out of Office Email
_ Check weather
_ Clean toys in yard, close/lock gates
_ backup computer & USB drives
_ Listen to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" blasted on radio on way home from work before going (not really, just inserted this one, but I know many of you are like me and sing it out loud sometime between last hour of work and heading to the airport or drive)

Day of:
_ Close Doors/Windows
_ Thermostat
_ Water Plants
_ Vehicles in Garage
_ Take out garbage and expiring food
_ Unplug electical items (computer, internet, etc)
_ put Safe/valuables away
_ if many days Washer & Fridge Water Shutoff valve (had one break before )
_ Water Softner & Heater set to "Vacation"

Holy Checklist, Batman!! I am totally borrowing this; hope you don't mind. :worship:

Hello! Yes, our kids are great, have cruised enough to be comfortable going to kids club and having fun with other kids. I didn't look at deck plan but your room number looks like probably just down the hall. Our kids are social and usually have a blast at the kids clubs on the other cruise lines they have been on but we usually go with a group of cousins and this will be our first cruise with kids not having cousins along so I think they will be even more interested in playing with new friends. Alyssa is a our little blondy girl. She is a lot of fun, usually doing or saying something funny, is spunky, and just an adorable little girl.... most of the time except when she and her brother torment each other. I was going to try to post a picture of the kids this week on the kids facebook page so other kids can see who's going. Does your DD like going to the kids club much?

That's great! Lilia is our little social butterfly, also a lot of fun and probably too smart for her own good sometimes. The danger of raising an only child, as I'm finding, is that sometimes we we treat her like a miniature adult. She loves making new friends, and is a girl's girl for sure. Part of the reason we decided on a cruise is because, in addition to being an only child, Lilia has no cousins close to her own age. We figured that on a cruise, in the club, she'd have an opportunity to meet and play with other kids rather being stuck with just us all the time. (Plus, it's less expensive to go on a cruise than to take a nanny with us to WDW, as we've done in the past!) This is her first cruise, but I think she's going to enjoy the kids club. We're looking forward to meeting you all!

I am SO ready for this vacation! It is STILL snowing! Dropped at least 3 inches overnight. Temps as of 8:30 am this morning... -27°C/-39°C with the windchill...(-16,6°F/-38.2°F).
Bring on the sun!

I HAVE to pack this weekend! My DS that is traveling with us will be at a friends this weekend so I had best get what I need packed tonight! My oldest son will be arriving at my house to dog/small pet/house sit Tuseday morning after work(about 8 am) so if DH doesn't have to work we are out of here by noon!!! DS is planning on staying home Tuesday but DD wants to go to school in the morning. They are both already caught up as to what they will miss and are ahead of the class so I gave them the option to go or stay home. I only have to be at work that day long enough to make sure everything is ok, make sure the fax machine has ink/paper(because no one else would know how to do that...lol), change the message on my answering machine, things like that so it will be a shorter day than usual.(My hours are usually 9am- 11:30 am). I am SO anxious for the trip to get here so I can stop panicking! And get out of this frozen wasteland!

My oldest DS will be turning 9 on our Key West day. Did any of you see my question on the main thread about what kind of cakes they're doing now? My DH and I both got the dreaded slice of jello fluff for our bdays on the last cruise.....and I was going to put in a dining rotation request, but wanted to know if they did different cakes in the diff dining rooms. ANYWHOO- some guy responds and tells me that they don't always bring it out on their ACTUAL birthday and I should be prepared for that. Huh?!? That would be so sad for a 9 yr old!! I plan to remind, remind and ask politely.

Oh, and others responded that they're currently serving white cake with a strawberry cream filling with the white choc banner with the pic of the cruise ship. (In case you were wondering.) ;)

That's the kind of cake Alex got last year and they delivered ON her birthday! I just made sure to remind them several times...

I just laminated mine because I wanted them to last awhile. I was also worried about them getting torn if someone walked by and took one off to be "funny"...

I LOVE the way the H2O stuff smells! As a matter of fact, I just broke open my last bar from last year's cruise to use and get even more excited than I already am! :hyper: :sad2:

Am I the only one that "bought" magnets?

Nope!

I am SO ready for this vacation! It is STILL snowing! Dropped at least 3 inches overnight. Temps as of 8:30 am this morning... -27°C/-39°C with the windchill...(-16,6°F/-38.2°F).
Bring on the sun!

I am SO anxious for the trip to get here so I can stop panicking! And get out of this frozen wasteland!

Snow & temps: :mad: :crazy2:

REMEMBER: This is supposed to be FUN!! :hug: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter