Jan 2017 of Mar 2017??

lcook

Earning My Ears
Planning our first Disneyland trip and need help with the dates. We could either go Jan 2-7 2017 or March 12-17 2017. Which would be better in terms of crowds and price? Thanks for your help!
Lauren

I would be inclined to guess that the January dates will be busier. The holiday AP blockouts end on Jan 2 (Signature), 3 (Deluxe), and 4 (SoCal and SoCal Select), which means those groups of AP holders are likely to return to the parks that week to see the holiday decorations and offerings one last time before the Holiday season ends (likely sometime after the 7th). On the plus side, there is a pretty good chance that the parks will still be in the Holiday mode, meaning the decorations and entertainment will still be offered, along with the attractions with holiday overlays (e.g., HMH, IaSWH, Jingle Cruise, etc.).

Last edited:
I was planning my trip for January, but I read there are a few rides that are closed most of January to take down the Christmas decorations. I rescheduled my trip to late February/Early March.

We have booked late feb/early March and have been warned to be aware of crowds due to spring break and conferences that are on in March. Also to make sure we get our restaurant bookings in right on 60 days out as they may book out fast at that time of year.

We love going the first week of January and plan to do it again this coming January. The Christmas decorations are still up and we love that. It probably is more crowded and more expensive during that time though. But the hours are usually long, and the parades/fireworks/etc usually run each night until the last day of the holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter