Jan 2009 Code Watch

:banana: :banana: :banana: Yay Disney!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

$488.23 saved on our 6 night/7 day stay at POR, plus the gift card, for a grand total of $688.23. :woohoo: And that's in US dollars! :dance3: Considering we paid for our trip when the Canadian dollar was at 90 cents US, we will bonus even further when the money is refunded to us now!! :cheer2:

Best of all, my TA did all the work for me, and I had confirmation in my email inbox by 5:52 p.m. that it was all done. She might just be my new best friend :cloud9: .

Its been fun hanging out with all my fellow code watchers. Mornings just won't be the same!

I haven't received mine yet either - but the CM said allow up to 24 hours. You can go on Disney.com and pull up by your confirmation number and print it though.

When I pull it up like that there is no indication of my dining plan. That concerns me.

I saved $475 plus the $200 gift card. $675 total!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Plus it will be so much fun to spend $200 I did not have to work my rear off for. It is always hard to let go of that hard earned money.:cheer2: :cheer2:

The $200 is nice - we plan to use on a couple of our meals - we didn't get free dining, but at least it covers some of the dining :cool1: :cool1:

Originally Posted by Britt7
Just booked January 24-31 at Poly with 6 day parkhopper for two adults, one child (DD3) for $2,423.18. This sounded great to me - tell me I am right!!

HI! I think that's great! We booked January 24th for 8 nights at the Polynesian with 9 day park hopper for two adults and an infant for $2585 and we get the $200 gift card too!!! See you at the Poly in January!!!

Thanks for reassuring me that it is a good deal. I got all caught up in the moment, heard "Poly" and ran with it! Then sat back and started to second guess. So I guess it was a good decision then. Also -I only really need tix for 6 days, but could possibly go on day 7 - Would it have been free for the 7th day. I think I goofed! Seems like a bunch of us are switching to Poly - may make for some crowded pools!!! See ya all in January - I can't wait. Poly here we come!!!!

What a crazy night! Thank goodness for mousesavers. :) When I finally reached a mousesaver, I changed my room to POP b/c I talked friends into going with us and it's the only place that had rooms, the CM said is that all I can help you with? I said No! I need you to apply code IUZ. She said we don't have that code - do you know any others? Mary saved me! I wonder if Disney has fixed the code on their website??? I saved $434 + the $200 gift card. Now my husband can't tell me I'm crazy! :rotfl:

I was told that concierge level was not included in this promo:headache: . Were you told something else??? Maybe I should call back???

On the disney website I was able to choose from whatever rooms were available at each resort. There were no concierge level rooms available at WL or GF but they were available at all the other deluxes with the discount. Actually there was nothing available at GF during the dates we will be there. I priced club level at the Poly just to see, and it was actually $86 dollars less than the WL club level trip we booked w/AAA and we were happy with that price. Try calling back or see what you come up with online.

Can anyone tell me if their online confirmation shows their dining? Mine doesn't and I'm concerned that the CM made a mistake!

I've been trolling the WDW site and see that YES you can book concierge level on the 4/3 promo, at least you can at the Poly?? I'm calling back right now to see why I was told otherwise:confused3 ?

Did you get it? I can't stand the suspense :yay:

If AAA can't apply the discount to our current stay at WL CL then we'll probably down grade to a courtyard view because I'm just not sure if I can convience DH to switch to the Poly even if it is a CL room for less than he was willing to pay for the WL CL room :sad2: Hmmmm maybe I could convience him into a MK view at the Poly, that would save him even more money and when I save money he listens :banana:

We HAD a split stay reservation at AKL and WL for 10 days in January (5 nights at each resort), room only reservation. When today's deal came out, I called to rebook and change to pkg deal.

I had read that you can't do split stays, that your free nights have to be at the place where you stayed the first 4 nights. Okay, fine. So the original plan to do 5 nights at AKL and 5 nights at WL was history...but I thought maybe we could do the first 7 nights at WL and then the last 3 at AKL. Though we could get the dining plan for the first 7 nights at WL, then do OOP for the last three at AKL.

Now, I was told by the CM who was helping me that I couldn't buy 9 day tickets with my 7 night room reservation at WL, that the tix had to be for length of stay only.

Is that what you all have been told/or understand to be true?:confused3

If we still wanted to do the split stay, we'd have to buy new 3 day tix for the AKL part of the stay...

We were a little disappointed to have to give up our time at AKL. It would be nice to have at least 3 nights there...but with such a good deal, it's hard to complain!

Anybody able to help???

Can anyone tell me if their online confirmation shows their dining? Mine doesn't and I'm concerned that the CM made a mistake!

Mine doesn't show the dining either. I was starting to wory myself, till I saw your post. I guess, that is just how the online one goes. Now we just have to wait for our e-mail.

I have been waiting on pins and needles :scared: for this Wonderful discount, and I did end up saving money off the regular rate, but about 1/2 of the amount I would have saved with free dining. I also had to change our reservation as we were staying for 12 nights, and it's only good for 10. So much for trying to get people to stay longer. For the last 2 nights I booked room only. No park tkts, no dining, no nothing.:confused:

I'm not sure I'm following your math. How does this deal save you only half the amount that free dining would? How many people are in your party? Because you're saving $40/day/person with free dining. So, on a 7 day trip, that would be $280/person. With this deal, you are saving at the very least $658 (GC included). So, unless you have 5 adults in your party, I don't see how free dining saves you double what this deal does.

The reason this deal is only good for 10 nights is because every package deal is only good for 10 nights. It has to do with the park tickets. They don't sell them in quanities more than 10. And there's good reason for that. Usually it is more economical for people to buy an AP if they are staying for periods beyond that.

In any case, you can always book two separate reservations. Then you can stay for 14 days and 6 of them would be free!! I'm not sure how that's a bad thing.

Also -I only really need tix for 6 days, but could possibly go on day 7 - Would it have been free for the 7th day.

Yes, you are entitled to the 7th day free as well. I'm sure you can just call back and have that added on.

I have a hold on a package, and it does not show dining, although I did confirm that it was included in the package as booked. I can't guarantee there isn't a mistake with your ressie, but it looks like dining isn't reported when you pull up a confirmation number through the "My Vacation" link. :)

Now, I was told by the CM who was helping me that I couldn't buy 9 day tickets with my 7 night room reservation at WL, that the tix had to be for length of stay only.

Is that what you all have been told/or understand to be true?:confused3

Yes. You have to buy length of stay tickets with this particular package. That is also what I was told. However, you can add whatever features you want on like hopping, no expiration, water parks, etc.

My reservation doesn't show the dining either, but I feel better about it knowing that no one else's seems to either. I guess I'll wait til tomorrow and call if I don't get an email that shows it.

Just got off the phone with Disney. The CM was awesome. He told me that the IUZ code is almost gone but there is also a code of SZA for basically the same thing but it is good for less than 7 night stays. In the end, there was nothing avail for me on my dates for cl at akl but I was able to apply aaa discount for room only and save about $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter