Jan 2009 Code Watch

My theory is that, as the cheapest deluxe, they use WL as the "prices start from" point. Other deluxes are always discounted too. I've never paid rack rate.

(AKL used to have the same price point as WL - and still do for standard views - but, in recent years, there is a price difference between courtyard and savannah views so AKL is second cheapest deluxe now.)

How do you get a code??? Where do you go? What do you do to get one? Don't mean to sound dumb, but I don't know.

Disney isn't obligated to give us discounts. It doesn't have to put the codes out, if there are codes, at any specific time. I think we are losing our perspective here. We aren't entitled to codes. They are merely a bonus.

I'm sorry, I don't recall saying I was entitled to a code? We all know Disney will give a discount- and it is Nov. and travel for Jan is a tight squeeze when you don't know if you can or can't afford the trip. A discount will make the difference - if I want to spend money and go to Disney again. I was there in Sept. had free dining.... it was GREAT.
Disney isn't obligated to give us anything- and we aren't obligated to spend $1,000's at the parks. But when we were there in Sept the crowd level was like the lowest I've ever seen - in my 20 something trips...
So bottom line, Disney WILL give a discount, what will it be, is the question. Not if I'm entitled or anyone is obligated.

I can't believe I just wasted my time responding to this :headache:

The Florida Resident Room only discount code has now been released :goodvibes
dates: 01/01/09 - 02/12/09 (some dates may be blacked out)

WAITING, WAITING popcorn::
- COME ON Vacation package discount code

All this code watching is making me nutty!! I am seriously hoping to be able to upgrade. I have a package with dining booked at CBR for Jan 18-25. Im wondering that even if a code does come out for a package, will it include my dates? Can I do two seperate reservations? I bought the vacation protection, I don't know if that makes a difference. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time on this thread 24/7. Here's hoping for codes for all!!! :cool1:

I'm sorry, I don't recall saying I was entitled to a code? We all know Disney will give a discount- and it is Nov. and travel for Jan is a tight squeeze when you don't know if you can or can't afford the trip. A discount will make the difference - if I want to spend money and go to Disney again. I was there in Sept. had free dining.... it was GREAT.
Disney isn't obligated to give us anything- and we aren't obligated to spend $1,000's at the parks. But when we were there in Sept the crowd level was like the lowest I've ever seen - in my 20 something trips...
So bottom line, Disney WILL give a discount, what will it be, is the question. Not if I'm entitled or anyone is obligated.

I can't believe I just wasted my time responding to this :headache:

It will be ok!! LOL! :hug:

I predict next code we will see (if any) is the Canadian code. Our exchange rate is not great right now. I would love an 'at par' deal.

I hate to do this, but for the third time in two pages:

The Florida resident discount came out last Thursday. That was 5 days ago.

I myself noticed that mousesavers just posted it today about the florida resident codes. I didn't see it anywhere else before today. The only ones I knew about were the PIN codes being sent to florida residents via email. Anyhow, there are codes!! Lets just be happy about it!!! YAY!!:woohoo:

Of course not! It's just this not knowing that makes me nuts! :scared: I just wish they'd say one way or the other.

If Disney isn't planning to release codes for the general public, I doubt that they would say so. They just wouldn't do it.

You know what is funny, if you go to disneyworld.ca (and not just today, even the past few days), it says you can't make a reservation for 2009 yet. It has never been updated.

I'm not seeing what you mean. I went to the .ca page and was able to get a quote for 2009.

We all know Disney will give a discount- and it is Nov. and travel for Jan is a tight squeeze when you don't know if you can or can't afford the trip. A discount will make the difference - if I want to spend money and go to Disney again.

{snip}

We actually don't all know anything, unless you have some inside information. Anything at this point is just fun guesses and speculation. To actually get mad at Disney because they aren't releasing codes fast enough for you is a little crazy is all I'm saying. Again, there may not even be codes in the first place. It all depends on how well the PINs and other codes that have been released do for bookings.

I predict next code we will see (if any) is the Canadian code. Our exchange rate is not great right now. I would love an 'at par' deal.

I'm not so sure. It would be great if they did release a code but they have sent out a wack of PINs to Canadians already for 40% off rack rates.

I wasn't trying to b mean I just wanted everyone to be focused on codes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom and uncle are going 1/1/09 -1/16/09....How long do you think we should wait for a GP code?
We´re staying on POFQ but havent made our reservations yet.....
At the " Code Calendar" at mousesavers they´ve released discounts for the GP the last 3 years....
Is this gonna be the firs year they dont do it?:confused:

Wow, I can't believe this thread today. I guess we are all a little on edge wondering about when/if codes will come out.:badpc:

All I hope is that someone at Disney either reads these - so that they know what we are all feeling. I doubt it, but one can hope right ? I agree with most of the others, we are not entitled to a code, but it sure would be nice. :cloud9:

Have a good evening everyone, I'll be checking in first thing in tomorrow morning. :surfweb:

My mom and uncle are going 1/1/09 -1/16/09....How long do you think we should wait for a GP code?
We´re staying on POFQ but havent made our reservations yet.....
At the " Code Calendar" at mousesavers they´ve released discounts for the GP the last 3 years....
Is this gonna be the firs year they dont do it?:confused:

Well, that is the million dollar question! Most of us on this thread have been waiting for news of a GP code, but so far one has not come out. My advice is to go ahead and secure your room. IF a code comes out, you can then apply it (if the category is available) or switch to a new room that is available. Room only res. can be changed or cancelled up to 6 days prior to arrival. Packages require 45 days for changes or cancellations without penalty. Good luck.

Wow, I can't believe this thread today. I guess we are all a little on edge wondering about when/if codes will come out.:badpc:

All I hope is that someone at Disney either reads these - so that they know what we are all feeling. I doubt it, but one can hope right ? I agree with most of the others, we are not entitled to a code, but it sure would be nice. :cloud9:

Have a good evening everyone, I'll be checking in first thing in tomorrow morning. :surfweb:

geez, tell me about it- some sound so defensive :rolleyes1

We actually don't all know anything, unless you have some inside information. Anything at this point is just fun guesses and speculation. To actually get mad at Disney because they aren't releasing codes fast enough for you is a little crazy is all I'm saying. Again, there may not even be codes in the first place. It all depends on how well the PINs and other codes that have been released do for bookings.

Little crazy? That I had to make a decision on where to travel? Sorry you feel that way. Oh and trust me a code is coming- :headache:

Ahhh, my first post. I've been watching :cool2: for awhile now and all has been well.
But then the tension built up and folks began to get edgy. Everyone is just frustrated :mad: and sick with Disney Fever, :sick: (a very real made up malady).
So the remedy is to take a step backward and redirect the frustration elsewhere...like maybe at the kids?...No, just kidding.

But seriously, we all have common interests so we are allies,
Good luck to all and hope to share codes soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter