Jan 2009 Code Watch

Okay...it's 7:05 a.m. here on the East Coast...I guess the probability of a Sunday code release is pretty small, but here I am checking anyway!:surfweb:

This. Is. All. Going. To. Pay. Off.

I bet tomorrow we're all doing the happy dance. :banana: I sure hope so! I can't take much more of this!

Coffee's ready.

How much does Disney advertise it's discount codes? I just got an e-mail advertising the DMK rate through December.

Since that code's been out for a while, I wonder if they're still having trouble filling the rooms? If so, I wonder how the discount will be for January!

*Fingers crossed!*

I just checked online and there is availability at all of the deluxes with that code - great rates for Christmas time. I saw the GF for $2506 12/19-12/24 - YC SV $1856. Those are like value rates during holiday season.

I can't believe there is still availibility so close.

I just checked online and there is availability at all of the deluxes with that code - great rates for Christmas time. I saw the GF for $2506 12/19-12/24 - YC SV $1856. Those are like value rates during holiday season.

I can't believe there is still availibility so close.

Wow, good research! That is an amazing rate for the GF that close to Christmas which BODES WELL FOR US ALL! YAHOO!!!!

Good morning everyone! Here is hoping that tomorrow is the day for us discount shoppers! I just caught up on this thread. I know there are so many hoping for free dining, and I have to admit that I wouldn't mind it myself. Disney has never offered free dining during January though, but if bookings are down...who knows?!

I'm here hoping too.........we've got Pop Century booked for January, but I'd really love to upgrade since it is the first time that DH and I are going without the kids ;) .

Subbing... we might head down the first week of January if we can get an AP rate. :)

Okay - so tomorrow is THE day. I can feel it! However, I am so slammed at work that I won't have a chance to check in until late afternoon. If a code does - I mean WHEN the code comes out - is it something I have to act on right away in order to use it (will everything book up) or can I call in the evening to see if anything is available. It would really suck if I have been waiting all this time- checking every hour or so- and then get cut out because of work. I know - I'll just quit! DH would understand right? It's Disney!!

Okay - so tomorrow is THE day. I can feel it! However, I am so slammed at work that I won't have a chance to check in until late afternoon. If a code does - I mean WHEN the code comes out - is it something I have to act on right away in order to use it (will everything book up) or can I call in the evening to see if anything is available. It would really suck if I have been waiting all this time- checking every hour or so- and then get cut out because of work. I know - I'll just quit! DH would understand right? It's Disney!!

I'd like to know this as well. When codes are released, is that something I need to jump on right away and make reservations myself, or is it okay to let my travel agent handle it later in the day?

Well, I have been here every morning with ya'll. Usually by 6:45 soooo...I guess I'll be here with everyone tomorrow morning!:magnify:

I just thought of something reading one of the PP'ers could it be that Disney has so many rooms left for the fall that they are waiting to see how many they can fill with the present promotion before they release another promotion? Hoping folks will not wait and go ahead and book for Nov and Dec?

I think we have to understand that the people on Dis is a small microcosm of the rest of the people who are going to Disney:upsidedow When codes come out, I think you should act on it right away if you can. But if you can't until later in the day or the next day or the next, I believe you should still be okay in using your code. Although, you may have to compromise and/or revise your plans. I just plan for the worst and hope for the best:hippie:

I had a nap this afternoon and had this really vivid dream that they released the codes, and were selling off values at 39.night mods were 69-89/nt, WL and AK was 119/nt and all other deluxe were 149/nt for the month of January. LOL.
I woke up thinking 'OMG I gotta phone - I want the GF for 149/nt' and started towards my phone, and realized I had been dreaming. Quite a downer. LOL.

ha ha ha, now wouldn't THIS be nice! I'd upgrade to Poly or GF and it would be CHEAPER than what I'm paying NOW for 2 rooms at POP! And we would get one room which we'd feel better about! Let's hope you had a revelation and were seeing the future! :banana:

I too logged on to see if perhaps we'd get lucky with a Sunday code. Will be logging on early Monday AM to what's going on. I too have a feeling MONDAY is THE day.

I too logged on to see if perhaps we'd get lucky with a Sunday code. Will be logging on early Monday AM to what's going on. I too have a feeling MONDAY is THE day.

Oh, I hope so! I'm starting to think I should just rent offsite. We've done it in the past and I can get cheaper rates than what I'm getting onsite at this moment! Some of the homeowners are starting to give out discounts. I'm hoping for a good code soon because I'd love to try something new and it would be SOOOOOO much more convenient for the marathon than trying to get to the start from offsite from what I'm hearing from other disers!

Why did you have to get your own luggage? Didn't they send you the yellow ME tags for your bags before you left? We have never had to get our own luggage, with SW or any other airline. . .:confused3

I am so sorry, I really did not mean to cause extra stress. We have traveled to Disney many times (like so many others:) ) and it's hard to keep them all straight. We usually have a town car, rental car, or private transportation and pick up our luggage. We elected to use ME on our last visit and loved it. We have 4 children and each one takes on a carry-on and we also have a stroller and diaper bag. I'm not sure why we picked up our luggage for ME, but we did. Maybe it's because I'm a worrier and felt better knowing our luggage made it on the bus:confused3 . Either way, I just wanted to say that if you have to pick up your luggage, it really was no big deal and nothing to worry about. I'm sure it will all work out and it was probably a misunderstanding on the cast member's part.
***Now , come on codes!:yay:

Praying its tomorrow! Now I have a question for ya'll:

My travel agent said she would apply any code automatically. In your experience, are they usually pretty good about this? I'm such an independent person, its hard for me to trust someone else with this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter