• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 2009 Code Watch

I'm new to the forum but have been following this thread.

We're passholders & hoping for some good discounts to stay in January. Dates are flexible, but we prefer the end of the month.

Add me to the "watch" list :)

I really hope the codes do come out on Monday...then I can pick dates and make my ADR's asap.

sorry- there was- it was a small room discount plus free ticket upgrades for general public.

1/1/08-3/15/08 package deal (discount + free ticket upgrades) for general public

Yes, I am aware about that discount...it was a package discount and I thought the OP was interested in a room-only discount so that's what I replied to. Sorry if my response wasn't clear.:)

Can I, or should I go ahead and make ADRs in hopes that we get a free dining plan? I will probibly only keep a few of the reservations if we do not get it. Do you have to have the dining plan in advance to make dining plan reservations? Or can I just make regular ressies and let them know later we are on the free dining plan? Do any of these questions make sense to any of you cause I think I have just confused myself! :confused3
We are staying at Pop Century Jan 1-10, if we get a 40% room discount, I want to split my stay with Pop and POR, I love that resort, but it just isn't in the budjet (so far) this trip!:rolleyes:
Wishing GREAT codes on you all!:tinker: pixiedust:
Laurie

If you have a package, can you use still use a room discount at all? (and reduce the overall cost of the package?)

I guess instead I'll ask this- if you DON'T have a package, some codes may not apply, right? BUT, if you do have a package, do MOST codes apply since a package *can* mean rooms, tickets, AND dining?

My understanding is that you cannot use a package code on a room only, and you cannot use a room only code on a package to discount the cost of the room portion. It's a one-to-one match: Package code to package, room only code to room only, non-package reservation.

They send out the different codes because they want to maximize a particular type of reservation.

My understanding is that you cannot use a package code on a room only, and you cannot use a room only code on a package to discount the cost of the room portion. It's a one-to-one match: Package code to package, room only code to room only, non-package reservation.

They send out the different codes because they want to maximize a particular type of reservation.

Okay, so if you booked a package already, can you apply a dining code or a PH upgrade still?

Okay, so if you booked a package already, can you apply a dining code or a PH upgrade still?

If you already have a package booked you can call when the codes come out and apply the codes to your package. Sometimes the room category you have booked may not be available or you may have to switch resorts etc but if you are flexible it is my understanding the CMs will help get you into a code that can save you money! Good luck to us all :cool1:

Can I, or should I go ahead and make ADRs in hopes that we get a free dining plan? I will probibly only keep a few of the reservations if we do not get it. Do you have to have the dining plan in advance to make dining plan reservations? Or can I just make regular ressies and let them know later we are on the free dining plan? Do any of these questions make sense to any of you cause I think I have just confused myself! :confused3
We are staying at Pop Century Jan 1-10, if we get a 40% room discount, I want to split my stay with Pop and POR, I love that resort, but it just isn't in the budjet (so far) this trip!:rolleyes:
Wishing GREAT codes on you all!:tinker: pixiedust:
Laurie

I'm pretty sure you can make your ADR's now regardless of if you have DDP or not. I haven't done DDP before, so I'm unsure if you need to note that on your ADR. But I'm certain you could give that info later.

There was one, we had a choice of Saratoga Springs or OKW studios for $150 a night last January. We chose SS. They came out with the other January codes.

We have a AAA room only reservation now for the Contemporary for 1/31 - 2/4. We don't have the DDP, but I was able to call and make dining reservations with no problem :thumbsup2

I'm waiting for codes for January 24-31!! Anybody know if anything was released for those dates? I'll be waiting for Disney to release them!! I don't have a Disney Visa though so hopefully all the codes will be public!

I think the codes will be great for JAN this year!!! Nov. has not had those kinds of codes either. so WDW is trying to fill up the rooms for whatever reason. :cheer2: :cheer2: come on free dining.:cheer2:

Fingers crossed for an awesome January code! We are on the verge of having to cancel, so I am hoping that a great deal might tip the scales in my favor ;) DH can't argue with a great deal, right?

Fingers crossed for an awesome January code! We are on the verge of having to cancel, so I am hoping that a great deal might tip the scales in my favor ;) DH can't argue with a great deal, right?

NOPE

I think the codes will be great for JAN this year!!! Nov. has not had those kinds of codes either. so WDW is trying to fill up the rooms for whatever reason. :cheer2: :cheer2: come on free dining.:cheer2:

Things are so slow considering the financial climate, they must be thinking great offers will fill up the resort.

I would love to have the free dining, but I MIGHT be crazy and upgrade it to ddp!

I must stay focused and do this on a budget so we can come back sooner!

I've noticed that the offers out so far don't include MLK weekend. Is that weekend usually excluded from discounts? I hope not since we have to work around my dd's school schedule and that is a 4 day weekend.

I've noticed that the offers out so far don't include MLK weekend. Is that weekend usually excluded from discounts? I hope not since we have to work around my dd's school schedule and that is a 4 day weekend.

last year mlk weekend was excluded so i would think this year would be as well. sorry

I was hoping that today would be the day...maybe next week some time. We probably won't stay onsite unless there is a code, so I'm going crazy trying to figure it all out!

i can't wait :tigger: .......this feels like it's taking forever! Well if these codes are gonna come out in Oct then we only have 7 more days left i am soooo ready! come on codes :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter