Jan 2007 codes?

o.k. thanks,
will do,
we are 5
2 adults, 3 kids, they are 8, 5, and 2 (so 2 yr old is free)

gotta have that dining thing, one of my favorite parts. (or maybe i should drop that)
no interest in the waterparks though, especially in january.

would love to see free dining.

i suppose i could always dump it if the code isnt good enough
i think i have until nov 30 to can or change.

by the way, does anyone now what the code for the people for our great neighbors from the north got them

About the dining package....I would ask Disney which restaurants are on it & what their menus are for the dining package. I have heard that they recently revamped the dining package menus & not necessarily for the better. I heard their was a lot less choice in menu selection.

My children have a lot of food allergies. While the sit down restaurants are great about accomodating people with food allergies the counter service meals are a problem. I talked to Disney about this & got their food allergy info on counter service meals & snacks. We could get fruit for our snacks but the counter service meals would be SEVERELY limited for my children. So after much comparison it just doesn't make sense for us. :guilty: I wish it did!! What a savings!!

onelugnut said:
o.k. thanks,
will do,
we are 5
2 adults, 3 kids, they are 8, 5, and 2 (so 2 yr old is free)

gotta have that dining thing, one of my favorite parts. (or maybe i should drop that)
no interest in the waterparks though, especially in january.

would love to see free dining.

i suppose i could always dump it if the code isnt good enough
i think i have until nov 30 to can or change.

by the way, does anyone now what the code for the people for our great neighbors from the north got them

I would definitely do the dining plan. It makes things so much easier, and you can try all the great restaurants without having sticker shock at the end of your meal. I wouldn't count on free dining in Jan/Feb, though. :sad2:

I know the water park thing is silly in January. :rolleyes: But you also get the hopper option free, which is nice. For this special last year, we got 10 day passes, and added no expiration, so we got 10 park days and 5 water parks days that never expire...and the water park and hopper options were "free".

What were Canadiens offered last year, just the ticket upgrade or did they also get the room discount?

kimkreis said:
What were Canadiens offered last year, just the ticket upgrade or did they also get the room discount?

I could be wrong, but I thought the Jan/Feb code was good for everyone (general public). It was "free" ticket upgrade and a room discount.

I am new to this but am planning a trip to Disneyland in January for my three kids, husband and myself. Do these codes work for general public? Is the free dining that people are talking about part of a the AP packages? I have thought about doing the dining packages that are offered as part of the travel packages but wasn't sure it they are worth it? Thanks in advance for any help.

if i could pipe in on this one before all the really experienced people do,
(which i am not)
but i did book my first trip last year (same boat as you, 2 adults 3 kids)
but i am the Dad.
as for my point of view, i loved the disney dining and my reasons might surprise you.
I am so cheap, i would never have done all the great meals we did do because we had the disney dining, i would have tortured myself and the whole family with peanutbutter sandwiches and fasting.
Instead we ate like we were on vacation, had great character experiences and really experienced Disney World.
I really think you get your money's worth, but i am sure if you wanted you could save more by doing your own meals.
so my vote is a definite yes, do the dining plan
then start the fun/work of researching where to eat and getting those reservations planned.
but thats another thread.
by the way my favs were cinderellas castle if you have princesses,
Lilo and stitch bfast at ohanas was great.
and walkups in epcot were great for the adults (ie. fish and chips in england)

p.s. i loved every meal we had last year, but me and the wife agree that we do not want to duplicate, but instead try all new ones this year.
sorry i typed too much, i am gettin anxious.
come on codes!!!!

edit; oh yeah one more great thing i found.
was that with the reservations, while it did kind of plan your day out and how you had to do it,
the good part is it planned your day out and how you had to do it.
i mean you could still change ressies, if you had to,
but it was nice not to argue the "what do you want to eat" 3 times every day.
i dont know about you, but my wife and me can do that for ever.
it took a lot of the stress (eating) right out of our vacation and made it something to look forward to. (and my family is definitely not about eating)

and to you others, no i am not getting a commission on this. :wave2:

OneLugNut said:
I am so cheap, i would never have done all the great meals we did do because we had the disney dining, i would have tortured myself and the whole family with peanutbutter sandwiches and fasting.
That is probably one of the best, most honest DDP reviews I've ever read! :goodvibes Also, sounds like you and your family did all your homework :teacher: and ended up finding out what a lot of people fear with making dining reservations...it's not as regimented as they think. DH and I totally agree that it actually makes for a good focal point to stop, regroup and enjoy a great meal! Some of the restaurants, especially the ones with character meals, are part of the Disney experience. :p

Come 'on codes! :sunny:

mjjpower said:
I am new to this but am planning a trip to Disneyland in January for my three kids, husband and myself. Do these codes work for general public? Is the free dining that people are talking about part of a the AP packages? I have thought about doing the dining packages that are offered as part of the travel packages but wasn't sure it they are worth it? Thanks in advance for any help.
Do you want to go to disneyworld or disneyland?? Because if you want to go to disneyland in california than you need to go to the disneyland forum because there codes are different. But if you want to go to disneyworld in Floriday then you are in the right place for codes.

Oh my goodness! Thank you for pointing out that I was in the wrong spot. I am going to Caloifornia not Florida. Thank you so much.

anything ?? did I miss anything.. :hyper: did it come out ?? did it ?? did it ??? hmmmm Guess not :rolleyes1 .... ok going back to waiting mode :furious:

We thought a lot about the DDP, too. In the end though, we aren't going to get it. It's not so much because we're cheap because in a seven day period we'll eat at seven TS restaurants. I just looked over the menus, looked at how we ate the previous trips and added it all up. We'll save around $200 by not getting the DDP. Now, will we have all the food the DDP gives you? No, we'll share desserts and appetizers, and we'll have quickie breakfasts and share burgers at CS restaurants. But we've done this every trip and have eaten more than enough. Part of the deal is our kids are "adults" in the Disney DDP's eyes. No way will they eat $40 a day. If it were just the wife and I, we might think more seriously about it.

onelugnut said:
but me and the wife agree that we do not want to duplicate, but instead try all new ones this year.

We tried that for this coming trip, but we found that we still wanted some of our favorites, like CRT. LOL!

onelugnut said:
oh yeah one more great thing i found.
was that with the reservations, while it did kind of plan your day out and how you had to do it,
the good part is it planned your day out and how you had to do it.
i mean you could still change ressies, if you had to,
but it was nice not to argue the "what do you want to eat" 3 times every day.

Finally someone who thinks like me!!! I totally agree!!! :banana:

aw thanks, for the kind words. I am hooked on this stuff now.
before our trip in nov 05 last year, i was a disneyworld hater.
but thanks to this site and "doing my homework" i was able to surprise
my wife for our 10th anniversary and we did the family disney trip.
I never wanted to go before so it really was a surprise to the wife.
anyway, cant say enough for the planning, next to the time you go
it is the 2nd most important thing.

onelugnut said:
aw thanks, for the kind words. I am hooked on this stuff now.
before our trip in nov 05 last year, i was a disneyworld hater.
but thanks to this site and "doing my homework" i was able to surprise
my wife for our 10th anniversary and we did the family disney trip.
I never wanted to go before so it really was a surprise to the wife.
anyway, cant say enough for the planning, next to the time you go
it is the 2nd most important thing.

Here's the funny thing...

A few years ago I couldn't stand it when I saw people all decked out in Disney clothes. I always thought, "How pathetic."

You wouldn't believe how many Disney t-shirts and hoodies I have now!!! LMAO! :mickeyjum

hrt2hrtmomdeb said:
Just popping in to stay on top of the Jan AP codes.... Happy planning everyone!! :surfweb:

WOW!!! did I see it right ?? 24 nites at Poly ?? can you take me with you my dear neighbor.. am just located at the other end of rt. 452 !!! You wont even worry about food and tickets.. I can take care of that :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter