Jan 2-5th Crowds? Best few days or disaster?

fenderhw77

Earning My Ears
Well, I'm certainly not crazy enough to be in the world christmas or new years, but i managed to get pop century for dirt cheap ($57 a night!) for jan 2nd through the 5th. Anyone ever been right after new years? I know there is no such thing as "slow" anymore but I have heard its very manageable as most of the holiday crowd is headed home plus I'll be in the parks during the week. Any insight? Much appreciated!

Hey, we're going to be down there for the same time (Jan. 2 - 6th). I've been checking the crowd levels too and understand Sunday will be a little hectic. But as soon as Monday rolls around the crowds will begin to be at their lowest levels until Friday when the marathon crowds begin to arrive.

Also heard (weather channel) that the temps will be in the mid to high 70s!!!! A HUGE increase from the weeks just prior. It seems to be shaping up to be an ejnoyable weekend.

We'll be there too. Jan. 2-8. The weather is looking better, and crowds look to be quite manageable. I am actually looking forward to one crowded busy day. Kinda spirit of the moment thing. Then it will just be us and you guys!!
What are you doing on the 2nd??

I think we're going to do MK on Sunday and take advantage of the EMH. The weather looks like it's going to hold up very nicely. I figured its great timing as we're missing the tail-end of the christmas/new years hurricane crowds and in before the marathon crowd gets in. Should be a great few days.

We'll be there,too! Jan. 3-9! I just hope the weather is as nice as predicted. We have been there in January quite a few times. We've seen absolutely beautiful weather (highs in the 80's), and we've seen highs in the upper 30's with wind!

I understand Epcot may be the park to avoid and have heard that the MK is the park to visit on this day.

Of course, the "experts" who troll these pages will soon log on and tell us ALL we want to know and a whole lot we don't want to as well.

I'll be there too, in the parks from Jan 3-7. When I went a couple years ago on the same week, the parks were nice and empty, it was perfect. Happy to see the weather reports so warm, we were a little concerned with all the reports of terrible cold. Should be a great week to be there!

We went the 4th-8th (Monday-Friday after New Years) a few years ago. It was a great time to go. Low crowds, decent weather. I'd go again during that time (we probably are in 2010).

We will be there too, January 2-9! :cool1: We will be arriving early afternoon and plan to go to DHS for the 2nd. We want to see the Osborne lights before they are taken down.

We will be there too, January 2-9! :cool1: We will be arriving early afternoon and plan to go to DHS for the 2nd. We want to see the Osborne lights before they are taken down.

We are going to DHS on the 3rd. I am very excited to see the lights!!

I'll be there the 4th & 5th. We got low rates at ASMu ($62) and really low airfare. Perfect reason for a quick 2 day trip.

I went during this time a few years ago also the only bad thing is that it was cold, I am from Buffalo and it was colder in Orlando when we landed then it was at home that day... after New Years until MLK day crowds are low... if temps are predicted to be high it should be a great trip... as long as you like nice weather and not waiting in long lines ;) have a great trip!

We are doing MK on Sunday night and HS on Monday night - just like the rest of you :)

It is supposed to be mid seventies this weekend. Actually 75 today a little south of Orland. FINALLY!
enjoy,
Duane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter