Jan 2 2013 Dream Cruise

Michelle - I believe you started our cruise thread, do you plan to use your first post and keep a "running tab" of everyone going?

Haven't thought about it, (not a very good thread organizer Lol) but I will try and do it tonight or tomorrow. Have to leave for work in a minute and I also just got a new Macbook and I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing on it yet!!

Awesome!!!! I will update the list tomorrow when I am on my computer!!

We were last on the Magic in 2009 without the kids (this is their first cruise) ... and my mother in law and father in law have decided to join us! :)

Southwest has added dates until March now..so I think I may go ahead and book my airfare since it's not that terribly bad. DH thinks it's a lot (890) for the tree of us, but with no baggage fees and the fact that I love flying Southwest, I think it's an ok deal. Other airlines have been at least 1000, plus baggage fees x3 and that really adds up. Spirit is cheap, but they have so many fees and also their luggage limit is only 40 pounds.

My husband and I are booked....just the two of us without the kids! (I hope I don't miss them too much!) We will be celebrating 20 years of marriage.:love2: This will be our 4th Disney cruise and our first without the kids. We are so looking forward to enjoying the ship's adults only areas....especially the Rainforest Room!

Southwest has added dates until March now..so I think I may go ahead and book my airfare since it's not that terribly bad. DH thinks it's a lot (890) for the tree of us, but with no baggage fees and the fact that I love flying Southwest, I think it's an ok deal. Other airlines have been at least 1000, plus baggage fees x3 and that really adds up. Spirit is cheap, but they have so many fees and also their luggage limit is only 40 pounds.

For just the two of us out of Houston, our flights are over 800 round trip, so 890 for 3 people sounds pretty good to me!

For just the two of us out of Houston, our flights are over 800 round trip, so 890 for 3 people sounds pretty good to me!

I thought it was good too, but DH kept saying he thought it was a lot. :confused3

I booked the trip home so far on Southwest because there was a certain flight that I wanted/needed to get back to work on time. I'm going to keep looking for the trip out. Worst case I make DH drive us out there Lol!

Oh...and if anyone is paying attention I just added a new trip to my signature!!!! :cool1: DH told me yesterday if I wanted to go to Disney World for a late anniversary trip over Labor Day weekend!! That's why I married him!!! Our anniversary is this month but we just couldn't get away, and Labor Day weekend works out perfect for us since I can take Friday off and have a super long weekend trip!!

Hey All!

I have not been back on site for awhile so missed all the action. Less than 5 months sounds really good to me! pirate:

I am from Chicago Area... Really looking forward to leaving Illinois Cold in January for Carribean Warm in January!

We are : Me (mom), Daughter 19, Son 17, Daughter 7 and Grandmother. We are on the 8th floor so it sounds like we are missing the action on the 7th floor.......

Last time, we stayed in Orlando airport area the night before and took a limo to the cruise....it was cheaper than the Disney Cruise Line bus due to the number of people we had.....

Can't wait!

I know it's crazy early and the dates just opened but I can't wait!!!! It will be me and my two daughters who will be 21 and 19 at the time. :banana:

Let's get this party started!!!

Thanks to Disney Dave!! Here's who we have so far!

MichelleVW: TX / Michelle, DD19, DD 21 / Last cruise: ’11 / Room: 7501 / FE: no
Mickey’s n me: PA / Me, Hubs, DD 20, Friend 20, DD 20, SIL 20 / Last cruise: ‘12 / Room: / FE:
Wheelcap: NY / Me & spouse (25th anniversary) / Last cruise: / Room: 7582 / FE:
Ssawka: VA / / Last cruise: / Room: / FE:
cheryllarsen: ? (her daughter & grandparents are going)
nyprincess : ?/ / First cruise / Room: / FE:
pillow: VA / Me, hubbie, DD 12, DS 15, grandmother / Last cruise ‘09 / Room: / FE:
Dave Dizney & Dizbabe: MO / Just us two (30th anniversary) / First Disney / Room: 7650 / FE: No
Texdisneygal: TX / Me, DH, DD 6 (almost 7) and DD 5 / / Room: / FE:
Jsteele: ? / /Last in ’12 / Room: / FE: Yes (organizer)
princessnpirate : Me, DH, DS8, DD3

Hi all! I figured I should send my info. since my line is pretty blank!

Our party will consist of Me, DW, and DD11. Our last cruise was Jan/Feb 2011. It was our first DCL cruise and it was an MR cruise on the Wonder. We are really excited to be going on one of the new ships and to be seeing Castaway Cay for the first time. We will be in room 9164. I think we are going to sit out on the FE. We did it last cruise and it was a lot of fun, but since we are going to the World for a few days before, it may just be too much hassle.

Hey All!

I have not been back on site for awhile so missed all the action. Less than 5 months sounds really good to me! pirate:

I am from Chicago Area... Really looking forward to leaving Illinois Cold in January for Carribean Warm in January!

We are : Me (mom), Daughter 19, Son 17, Daughter 7 and Grandmother. We are on the 8th floor so it sounds like we are missing the action on the 7th floor.......

Last time, we stayed in Orlando airport area the night before and took a limo to the cruise....it was cheaper than the Disney Cruise Line bus due to the number of people we had.....

Can't wait!

You're oldest daughter is the same age as my youngest. My girls are hoping to meet friends their own age onboard and plan to head to the College age Mixer (or whatever it's called) the first night to make friends, you should tell your daughter about it if she doesn't know about it.

Hi everyone! We're booked on the Dream in January as a surprise Christmas presents for the kids. We will have me (Jill), DH, my mom, niece (14), DD (5) - we all live together and yes, it's a crazy life. I often feel like this :rotfl: but thankfully not :crowded:. :lmao:

We were on Fantasy this summer and booked for next summer while on board. I missed it so much, I picked this cruise while the girls are still on holiday break. Very excited about it all and happy to read about everyone's preparations. :grouphug:

Hi everyone! We're booked on the Dream in January as a surprise Christmas presents for the kids. We will have me (Jill), DH, my mom, niece (14), DD (5) - we all live together and yes, it's a crazy life. I often feel like this :rotfl: but thankfully not :crowded:. :lmao:

We were on Fantasy this summer and booked for next summer while on board. I missed it so much, I picked this cruise while the girls are still on holiday break. Very excited about it all and happy to read about everyone's preparations. :grouphug:

Welcome aboard!!! I'll add you to the list!!! :thumbsup2

Just booked the Hyatt in the airport for the night before the cruise. I am usually a rent a car person, but when looking at flights it looks like we're going to get in later in the evening so it will be nice just to go straight to the room when we get there. DCL buses are expensive, but I think it will be fun to take them once and being able to check into the cruise before we even get to the port will be really nice! :thumbsup2

I told DH this morning about my plan and he said, "well, I would do whatever is easiest for the 3 of you". So I booked the airport!! Woo hoo!!

Looks like our cruise is sold out. I find that weird, but when I go to Disney cruise reservations it doesn't pop up as an option! :confused3

Looks like our cruise is sold out. I find that weird, but when I go to Disney cruise reservations it doesn't pop up as an option! :confused3

Not sure if it is or isn't, but it would not surprise me at all if this cruise sells out.
  1. This cruise is much cheaper than cruises during the holidays.
  2. Kids would only have to miss 3 days of school rather than 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter