• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 19th cruise link

We will be on this cruise with our DGS, age 6. I can't find any of the FB threads. :confused3

We will be on this cruise with our DGS, age 6. I can't find any of the FB threads. :confused3

Welcome! I'm so excited to find other fellow cruisers...was beginning to think only 10 people would be on the ship (although I'm sure that was more my lack of patience than anything else! lol)

I set up a group on FB--it's called Disney Dream Cruise Connection January 19, 2014 (cut and past this into a search and it will come up--I don't have enough posts to add an actual link).

Look forward to connecting more!!

Yes...and I think I found the FE group on Facebook. Im trying to decide if Im up for this. Its our first cruise and I have no idea what to gauge it by. How long does it take to deliver to everyone's room?

It's our first cruise and so first FE too but from my research it look like you can pound out the deliveries pretty rapidly. From the looks of it this group isn't going to get very large so we can keep it to 10 or so families. I hope you decide to join...it'll be fun :cool1:

Welcome! I'm so excited to find other fellow cruisers...was beginning to think only 10 people would be on the ship (although I'm sure that was more my lack of patience than anything else! lol)

I set up a group on FB--it's called Disney Dream Cruise Connection January 19, 2014 (cut and past this into a search and it will come up--I don't have enough posts to add an actual link).

Look forward to connecting more!!

Found it! Cutting and pasting didn't work. I searched for Disney Dream January and found it. You can also try searching for Dreaming of January 19, 2014. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!

My family and I are super excited to be cruising on the Disney Dream! Especially in January when the weather in Massachusetts is freezing. We've been to Disney World several times, but this will be our 1st cruise. Myself (Kristine), my husband (Matt) and my 3 daughters (Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren) would appreciate any tips you experienced cruisers may have. Do you book your dining ahead of time like you do in Disney World? And can someone explain the whole fish extenders thing? I'm confused! Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in January!

:cheer2::wizard:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Chelsea and I have just got off the phone from booking this cruise! I am going with my DH (Jake) and this will be my 9th cruise and my DH 3rd. We are very excited. We are going on the cruise because my DS works for the company and will (fingers crossed) be on this cruise working.

I have also tried to find the facebook group and have no luck with any of it... Well that is a lie I have found the 12th-16ths group. Anymore hits or just a link that anyone can put on or PM me?

I am looking forward to meeting you all!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Chelsea and I have just got off the phone from booking this cruise! I am going with my DH (Jake) and this will be my 9th cruise and my DH 3rd. We are very excited. We are going on the cruise because my DS works for the company and will (fingers crossed) be on this cruise working.

I have also tried to find the facebook group and have no luck with any of it... Well that is a lie I have found the 12th-16ths group. Anymore hits or just a link that anyone can put on or PM me?

Hi Chelsea,

Did you try searching for Dreaming of January 19, 2014? I think that's how it was found last time?

Hello everyone!

My family and I are super excited to be cruising on the Disney Dream! Especially in January when the weather in Massachusetts is freezing. We've been to Disney World several times, but this will be our 1st cruise. Myself (Kristine), my husband (Matt) and my 3 daughters (Allison, Kaitlyn and Lauren) would appreciate any tips you experienced cruisers may have. Do you book your dining ahead of time like you do in Disney World? And can someone explain the whole fish extenders thing? I'm confused! Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in January!

:cheer2::wizard:
Welcome!
We (myself, DH, and 2 boys age 6 and 10) will also be cruising with Disney for the first time but I'll try my best to answer your questions!
When you reserved you should have been set a dining time--either main or 2nd seating for the dinners. I believe main is 5:45 and 2nd is like 8 or so.
The Fish Extender is a fun little "secret Santa" type gift exchange amongst fellow cruisers. You can join a group and just commit to making/buying gifts for the cabins in your group (which seem to range from just a few cabins to many) and then deliver them one day during your cruise. It just seems like a fun way to make great connections, bless others and walk away from the cruise with some fun and unique souveniors! A quick google search will do a much better job explaining than I did :)

If you are a Facebook'er we have a small group there and hope to get the Fish Exchange off and running! Search Dreaming of Jan 19 14 and hopefully you'll find us!
Look foward to getting to know you more! :yay:

Hello Everyone!

Hi Chelsea!

My name is Amy and I will be cruising for the first time with my family (DH, 2 boys aged 6 and 10). Have all your cruises been with Disney then??

I set up the FB group and don't know why it is so hard to locate--it is set as searchable but hopefully you'll find it by searching dreamingofJan.19.14 . I'm new to this style of message board and have yet to figure out PM's or I'd happily message you the direct link to the group! :confused3

The deadline for the FE group is December 19th. If you ask to join after the deadline please keep in mind most folks have crafted or individualized their items and may not be able to accommodate late additions. I will contact the group to see if you can be added. You might want to start your own group for latecomers. :thumbsup2

Please PM me the following info. I would like to keep the info off the boards for privacy reasons. This is why I am asking for your email. If you are uncomfortable giving me your email address I will contact you via PM's. I can also post the info on a file at the FB site.

Disname:

Room #: (gotta know where to deliver the gifts)

# of Guests: (some people do individual gifts)

Names of Guests, male or female and ages of Children:

Any Special Celebrations: (For Ex. 25th anniversary, first cruise, allergic to peanuts,)

Email:

If there is any other info you would like just let me know.

Links to FE info
How the Fe started
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32102963&postcount=20

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

To buy a FE check ETSY. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?...plicit_scope=1 I have used Gradysmommy:thumbsup2

I am willing to give the organizing of the Fe's a try, unless someone else would like to do it.

Please PM me the following info. I would like to keep the info off the boards for privacy reasons. This is why I am asking for your email. If you are uncomfortable giving me your email address I will contact you via PM's. I can also post the info on a file at the FB site.

Disname:

Room #: (gotta know where to deliver the gifts)

# of Guests: (some people do individual gifts)

Names of Guests, male or female and ages of Children:

Any Special Celebrations: (For Ex. 25th anniversary, first cruise, allergic to peanuts,)

Email:

If there is any other info you would like just let me know.

Awesome--thank you so much for taking the lead on this! :yay:
I will get that info out to you as soon as I figure out PM's here. LOL it's probably as obvious as the nose on my face but I've yet to run across that feature! :scratchin

Thank you for posting the facebook link... that was much easier! I asked to be in the group...

If anyone has any questions about the cruises This will be my 9th cruise so I can answer most question. Being a ex cast member and having a family member on the ship if I don't know the answer I am about to find it out :)

Hi!

We surprised the kids last year for Christmas with a Disney Dream cruise that we took in January. It was sooo awesome that we couldn't help but book again for this coming January 19, 2014. We are excited to have my in-laws, sister and brother-in-law and good friends join us for this upcoming cruise as well.

I'm looking forward to getting to "chat" with you over the next few months as we prepare for our cruise. My family also wants to participate in the fish extender. As a side note, I couldn't pm the organizer because I haven't posted enough on DisBoards for that privilege?! Goofy.

I've joined the Facebook Group so hopefully I can pass along my info there.

Bethanee

Hi everyone! My name is Jodi and my DF, Raphael and I will be getting married on board the ship :)!! We are so excited! This will be my 2nd DCL cruise, but first time on the Dream and DFs first DCL cruise!

I am not on Facebook and I'm not sure if we are going to do the FE exchange. I did just want to stop by and say hi!

Welcome Jodi and Congratulations! That is so exciting that you are getting married on the ship!

Hi All! Joining in here - my name is April, and I'll be traveling on this cruise (and the Dream cruise right afterwards) with my DH and DS7, DS6, and DD4. These two cruises will be our 2nd and 3rd Disney Cruises - we just got off the Fantasy about a week and a half ago. Looking forward to another week on DCL!

Hello,
I am new to this. We are on the 1/19/14 Dream cruise with our 3 boys... David - 10, Adam - 8 and Simon - 5!
I am SO excited for the trip and to get involved in this program!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter