• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jan 15, 2016 Disney Dream

Please post a link to this thread - http://www.disboards.com/threads/jan-15-2016-disney-dream.3382359/ - in the 2016 Dream Dream Meets thread at the top of the Cruise Meets board. That way, Irish Cowboy can add your thread to the list so that other cruisers can find your thread and join in.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

I read the link, so is there something else I am supposed to do, this is my first time starting a thread, so not sure if you are saying I did it wrong? I am not soliciting anyone etc, just wanted a thread to meet others on this sailing:)

Thanks,

Joy

I'll be on this cruise! My third, my husband's second and grandma and the kids ages 1 and 6 first. The kids are off school Friday and Monday so this cruise fits nicely into the schedule. :-)

I'll be on this cruise! My third, my husband's second and grandma and the kids ages 1 and 6 first. The kids are off school Friday and Monday so this cruise fits nicely into the schedule. :-)

Welcome, glad to see someone else here:) That's why we chose this cruise too was my sons in college only have to miss school one day, Friday and my daughter in high school has both days off. Then my husband just needs to use 1-2 vacation days, depending on if we can find a flight after work on Thursday or he has to miss whole day. We are doing two cabins for first time, the kids, 23, 20 and 16 in an oceanview on deck 8 front and DH and I in balcony on aft deck 7!

Joy

We are in one of the 8A mini-suites with grandma in the 7A balcony next to us. We will more than likely move our 6 year old into our room on the sleeper sofa and put the 1 year old in a pack n play in our room and let Grandma enjoy her room by herself. :-) I'm still debating one day prior at the Magic Kingdom - if my 1 year old has hair we will definately go get his hair cut at the barber shop like his big brother had done on his first trip. Either way, we will be down a day early because we fly from a snowy area and I'm not going to miss this cruise. :-/ LOL It's my first cruise on the Dream, and I'm really excited.

I rechecked rates today. Looks like insides and oceanviews are sold out for my party size. Glad I booked when I did! I have a feeling it will be a busy travel weekend.

Has anyone thought of doing any shore excursions? We did the wave runners on our honeymoon on Castaway Cay and LOVED it. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. I'd love to get a cabana for our family, but I don't think being silver level will help for a holiday sailing. But I'll still try! LOL

This is my families first cruise ever! Just booked it & so excited!! I got on Pinterest to start planning & found out about this site :)

I'd love to know what would be the best things for a 5 year old & almost 2 year old.

This is my families first cruise ever! Just booked it & so excited!! I got on Pinterest to start planning & found out about this site :)

I'd love to know what would be the best things for a 5 year old & almost 2 year old.
<<]

Welcome. my first cruise in 2000 was the 3 night on the Magic, and my kids were almost 2,5 and 8. They just loved everything. The 5 year old can go into the kid's club if you like. Under 3 can go to the nursery, but you have to make reservations and it is an additional fee. My daughter never did that, but it looks like a cute place with a small world theme on the Dream. Mine really enjoyed going to the movies in Buena Vista theatre, the shows in the Walt Disney Theater If your almost 2 year old is potty trained can go into pool, otherwise can go into the splash water area with swim diapers on, pack plenty if needed because will need at beach on castaway cay too. Or you can buy on board. When mine was little though I believed they sold them individually on board? If they like to dress up in the Disney costumes a lot kids do that. My daughter like to wear her princess dresses and my boys like to be buzz lightyear or Woody etc.

Joy

<<]

Welcome. my first cruise in 2000 was the 3 night on the Magic, and my kids were almost 2,5 and 8. They just loved everything. The 5 year old can go into the kid's club if you like. Under 3 can go to the nursery, but you have to make reservations and it is an additional fee. My daughter never did that, but it looks like a cute place with a small world theme on the Dream. Mine really enjoyed going to the movies in Buena Vista theatre, the shows in the Walt Disney Theater If your almost 2 year old is potty trained can go into pool, otherwise can go into the splash water area with swim diapers on, pack plenty if needed because will need at beach on castaway cay too. Or you can buy on board. When mine was little though I believed they sold them individually on board? If they like to dress up in the Disney costumes a lot kids do that. My daughter like to wear her princess dresses and my boys like to be buzz lightyear or Woody etc.

Joy
Thanks for the info!

Hi, our family will also be on this cruise. It's a super secret surprise for our daughter who'll be turning 13 on the 16th when we are in Nassau. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

Hi! We are on this Cruise. Has anyone seen anything about FE groups?
I was thinking about doing a FEE but since it's a 3 day cruise and it's a much bigger ship than the Magic I was wondering if we could do one, but have a Meet & Greet on a certain day and exchange our gifts then?

Also, if we do one please make sure it's age appropriate for children/preteen/teen. Our 1st FE our 11 year old daughter got a bunch of stuff that was Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Princesses. A small chapstick, lip gloss or dollar nail polish would be something she'd be able to use rather than give away. Thanks

Hi! I will also travel on this cruise! Very excited! Our first one!
You're going to have a great time! Disney Cruises are awesome. This will be our 2nd on Disney. You'll never want to go on another cruise line again!!

1 tip I can give you is to get a cup with a lid and bring it on the cruise. There is a drink station where you can get soda, hot tea, and hot cocoa. It's great for during the day and at night too. We get insulated cups and had so many people ask us where we got them at.

Hello all, has anyone started a Fish Extender group? We had a great time on the DVC Member Cruise with the FE exchanges. If someone is organizing, we'd love to participate!

Hi, our family will also be on this cruise. It's a super secret surprise for our daughter who'll be turning 13 on the 16th when we are in Nassau. This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise. Looking forward to being a part of this group!

oh wow that is so awesome! It is actually my first Disney cruise and it will also be a surprise for my daughter who turns 14 on January 16th!! She was born on my birthday so it will be my 40th birthday too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter