Jan 13, 2013 on the Dream!

Hello to all of our fellow Dream cruisers! This is our family's 2nd Disney cruise and we'd love to join the FE group! My 3 y/o had such a wonderful time "touring" all of the decks on our last cruise checking them out and I can't wait to participate ourselves this year!

Here's our info:
7066, 2 Adults, 3 kids - 12 (boy), 10 (girl), 6 (boy)
7068, 2 Adults, 1 kid - 4 (boy)

Sorry! Wasn't able to find it....feel free to send me a friend request if you think that will work?

The name of the group is DISboarder's Jan 13th DREAM cruise! I made the group secret, but it seems like maybe it will only let me add people in my friends list. I don't mind adding everyone as my friend, but if you'd rather you can search for it and request to be added I think??? If anyone knows more please let me know! lol. I'll check back again tonight ;)
nkochrn: I'm a newbie and haven't yet reached my 10 posts to be able to PM--can you please add me to the FB group and/or as a friend? My FB page is facebook.com/llbowles

Thank you!

The name of the group is DISboarder's Jan 13th DREAM cruise! I made the group secret, but it seems like maybe it will only let me add people in my friends list. I don't mind adding everyone as my friend, but if you'd rather you can search for it and request to be added I think??? If anyone knows more please let me know! lol. I'll check back again tonight ;)

I think you have to make it a closed group rather than secret so everyone can access it.

Secret: Only members see the group, who's in it, and what members post.
Closed: Anyone can see the group and who's in it. Only members see posts.

Hope this helps!

I changed it to closed so everyone should be able to find it if they search now.

I searched the group name and still wasn't able to find it. Is anyone else having this same issue?

I just searched for it too and no results came up. Hmmmm....

Also, welcome to the FE group for our cruise, llbowles! I'll add you to the list!

I'd like to do Dolphin Encounter on this cruise since we don't have any children to worry about this trip.
Is it really expensive? How far away? Does it take up the entire Nassau day? Worth it?
I need some reviews! LOL. ;)

We are 90days out so we can start booking things. :cool1:

The last couple of trips it seemed like a lot of stuff was sold out the first time I loged in, so I decided to reserve what we wanted right away.
This time it looks like most things are still available as there was only a few things sold out. FYI, here's a list of a few things that I noticed.
  • The golf/sports simulators are booked every day, except the first where there is just a couple of openings.
  • Remy and Palo still have plenty of openings, including brunch. We had trouble getting brunch reservations the last 2 trips.
  • There are only 2 cabanas left on Castaway Cay, all other things are open. Even at $500 these sell out amazingly fast, wonder how Disney will squeeze more in.
  • The following excursions in Nassau are listed as sold out: Nassau Harbor Cruise, Seaworld Explorer Semi-Sub, See and Sea Island tour.
All times are open for setting your port arrival time. The early arrival times normally go first but it is still early for that to happen.
Jeff.

I'd like to do Dolphin Encounter on this cruise since we don't have any children to worry about this trip.
Is it really expensive? How far away? Does it take up the entire Nassau day? Worth it?

We did the Dolphin encounter on a previous cruise 4 years ago, so my review may not be up to date, but we really enjoyed it. We did the blue lagoon one, not the atlantis one. We left in the morning and got back early afternoon. It is a nice boat ride over and you watched a video and then divided into small groups to interact with the dolphins. It was us and one other family in our group. Be prepared the water was freezing! The dolphins were great. At the same location they were doing the dolphin swim where the dolphins push you through the water, our kids were not old enough for that at the time, but that looked like a lot of fun!

I would echo what MomPotz said. My DW and DD6 also did the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter (also four years ago) and we all thought it was great. I decided to be an observer so I could take pictures and video.

Don't think we'll do it this time, but it was definitely worth doing at least once. :)

We are 90days out so we can start booking things. :cool1:

The last couple of trips it seemed like a lot of stuff was sold out the first time I loged in, so I decided to reserve what we wanted right away.
This time it looks like most things are still available as there was only a few things sold out. FYI, here's a list of a few things that I noticed.
  • The golf/sports simulators are booked every day, except the first where there is just a couple of openings.
  • Remy and Palo still have plenty of openings, including brunch. We had trouble getting brunch reservations the last 2 trips.
  • There are only 2 cabanas left on Castaway Cay, all other things are open. Even at $500 these sell out amazingly fast, wonder how Disney will squeeze more in.
  • The following excursions in Nassau are listed as sold out: Nassau Harbor Cruise, Seaworld Explorer Semi-Sub, See and Sea Island tour.
All times are open for setting your port arrival time. The early arrival times normally go first but it is still early for that to happen.
Jeff.

Jeff, I was very surprised to see those cabanas still available for us 90-day folks this morning. Not something we want or need, but nice that they weren't all gone for those who might be interested.

Here is the latest FE list. Please let me know if you have any updates/changes:

Disboards ID; Stateroom #; Adults; Kids (0-18)

allison63; 9176; 3 adults – 1 F, 2 M; 1 kid – 4 (boy)

allison63; 9174; 1 adult – 1 M; 1 kid - 6 (girl)

Bethanee; 9078; 2 adults – 1 F, 1 M; 3 kids - 9 (boy), 7 (boy), 22 mo (boy)

gortman65; 6B GTY; 2 adults – 1 F, 1M; 2 kids – 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

Linden Lady; 10660; 2 adults – 1 F, 1 M; 2 kids – 10 (boy), 8 (boy)

llbowles; 7066; 2 adults; 3 kids - 12 (boy), 10 (girl), 6 (boy)

llbowles; 7068; 2 adults; 1 kid - 4 (boy)

mikesmom88; 8680; 2 adults – 1 F, 1 M

mikesmom88; 8681; 3 adults – 3 M

mikesmom88; 8679; 3 adults – 3 F

MomPotz; 7550; 2 adults – 1 F, 1 M 2 kids - 11 (girl), 8 (boy)

nkochrn; 8143; 2 adults – 1 F, 1 M; 2 kids - 5 (girl), 3 (boy)

ohiogirlygirl1175; 9662; 2 adults; 2 kids - 5 (boy), 2 (girl)

pamhlp; 6576; 3 adults – 2 F, 1 M; 1 kid - 11 (girl)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter