Jan 13, 2013 on the Dream!

Welcome..and thanks for compiling the FE list!

Here is my family's info:

Cabin #9078
5 people
Me
Dh
DS9
DS7
DS 22 months

I'm so excited for our cruise! It will be here before we know it.

Bethanee

Thanks for taking charge of the FE list :)

Stateroom #8143
4 occupants
DH
Me
DD-age 5
DS-age 3

I plan to get my FE made soon!

Below is the initial FE list. Please let me know if you see any errors or if your information changes.

January 13, 2013 Disney Dream

Disboards ID; Stateroom #; Occupants

Bethanee; 9078; 2 adults, 3 kids - 9 (boy), 7 (boy), 22 mo (boy)

nkochrn; 8143; 2 adults, 2 kids - 5 (girl), 3 (boy)

gortman65; 6B GTY; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

We just booked! It's my first cruise and DH's first Disney cruise. We'll be doing the Disney Half Marathon the day before. DH promised me two years ago that if I could train and work up to the race, we'd do the cruise. It's been a long haul, but will be SOOOO worth it.

Nice to meet everyone!

I'm new to this...what is an FE List?

We are on deck 9
# 9176
me (49)
Hubby (50)
Son (25)
Grandson (4)

son (29)
Granddaughter (6)

Hope this helps, looking forward to meeting everybody :)

I'm new to this...what is an FE List?
Here is some helpful info on Fish Extenders (FE)http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2
Basically, one time during your cruise you leave small secret santa type gifts in the fist extenders of all the participants on your cruise. It is a really fun addition to the fun to have little surprises left seemingly every time we returned to the stateroom. We were going to skip it this time, but as soon as the kids found out we were going on a cruise, their first question was "What are we making for the gift exchange?" So here we are!
Cabin 7550
DW
DH
DD11
DS8
Looking forward to our 3rd Disney cruise and the first time on the Dream!!!

Thanks so much for the link! I was chatting with a salesclerk at our local Walmart today, she asked if I'd heard of DIS Boards? I told her that I'd just started checking it out and she asked if we were doing the Fish Extenders...I had no idea what she was talking about and said no...then a bit later in the conversation, I asked her if she knew whatan "FE List" would possibly mean? she laughed and explained that this WAS "Fish Extenders!"and explained how it worked... (never dawned on me ...FE lol!) What a great idea! My mind is racing now with ideas! Do we just keep our eye on who joins in or is someone in charge of the list and will post updates until our cruise date?

Thanks so much for the link! I was chatting with a salesclerk at our local Walmart today, she asked if I'd heard of DIS Boards? I told her that I'd just started checking it out and she asked if we were doing the Fish Extenders...I had no idea what she was talking about and said no...then a bit later in the conversation, I asked her if she knew whatan "FE List" would possibly mean? she laughed and explained that this WAS "Fish Extenders!"and explained how it worked... (never dawned on me ...FE lol!) What a great idea! My mind is racing now with ideas! Do we just keep our eye on who joins in or is someone in charge of the list and will post updates until our cruise date?

I volunteered to keep the list up to date. I'll post the latest list Monday morning. Glad you will be joining us! :)

Here is the latest Fish Extender participation list as of this morning, 10/1/12. If you would like to join our cruise's FE group, just post your stateroom number, number of adults, and number of kids (pls include kids' ages) and I will be happy to add you to the list. If you are already participating and see something incorrect on the list, please let me know so I can update your info.

allison63; 9176; 3 adults, 1 kid - 4 (boy)

allison63; 9178; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

gortman65; 6B GTY; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

MomPotz; 7550; 2 adults, 2 kids - 11 (girl), 8 (boy)

By the way, my oldest daughter is interested in going to the Oceneer's Club and Lab from time to time and was hoping she might be able to make a friend or two before the cruise so she doesn't feel quite so shy going to the Club. Please let me know if any of your kids are interested in exchanging emails/PMs or (heaven forbid) snail mail with my DD6 so they can strike up a virtual friendship before we set sail.

Thanks!

Hi, Im so excited about going on this cruise. We are going with our family, there are 12 of us... maybe 13... 8 adults and 4 children. For 8 of us this will be our first time on a Disney cruise... my sister and her family were on one a couple years ago and they loved it. :)

Hi :wave2:
This is going to be our very first Disney cruise and we are soooo excited!:yay: We would also like to be included in the FE list...my DD(11) can't wait to get started on her gifts!

Our information:
Cabin:6576
DW
DH
DD(19)
DD(11)

Thanks so much for managing the list!

Welcome aboard, pamhlp! Glad to have you with us! :)

Here is our cruise's current Fish Extender participation list:

allison63; 9174; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

gortman65; 6B GTY ; 2 adults, 2 kids - 6 (girl), 10 mo (girl)

pamhlp; 6576; 3 adults, 1 kid - 11 (girl)

Welcome aboard, pamhlp! Glad to have you with us! :)

Here is our cruise's current Fish Extender participation list:

allison63; 9178; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

Hi! just a quick correction note: Our staterooms are #9176 and #9174 ( not 9178 ) :)

Hi jnsma

I looked at the Comfort Suites website as you suggested. That seems like a fantastic alternative to booking through Disney. There are 8 of us and I can get 2 rooms for $159 per room.

Questions, do you just hop in a cab when you get off the ship to get over there? And once you get there, do you just check-in and will they give you the access to Atlantis even though it is before check-in time at the hotel? (which is 3pm)

Thanks!

Hi jnsma

I looked at the Comfort Suites website as you suggested. That seems like a fantastic alternative to booking through Disney. There are 8 of us and I can get 2 rooms for $159 per room.

Questions, do you just hop in a cab when you get off the ship to get over there? And once you get there, do you just check-in and will they give you the access to Atlantis even though it is before check-in time at the hotel? (which is 3pm)

Thanks!

Hi mikesmom88,
Yes, just grab a cab when you get off. With 8 of you, you should fill your own cab and not have to deal with the drivers sitting around trying to get it full, honestly that is the worst part. It is $4 per person for the cab.

Tell them the Comfort Suites. All of you should go there as they want to see the drivers licenses (I don't think passports are required) for all adults and all adults need to sign in.

They will check you in at that time and give you a receipt that you need to bring to the Atlantis for wristbands. They will not give you a room or a key but will tell you that it will be ready about 4 (big help that is).
You then walk over to the Atlantis, it isn't far, maybe 5 minutes by cutting through the hotel. Once you get the wristbands, you are free to do everything at the Atlantis, including the aquarium (the dig) and waterpark.
At the end of the day, just hop in a cab back to the ship. No need to go back to the Comfort Suites.

Overall it is pretty easy and given the savings is well worth the couple of extra steps.
Jeff.

Wow! Thanks for stepping up to head the FE exchange, gortman65! :flower3:

Stateroom: 10660
DW - Amanda
DH - Aaron

We are leaving our 2 boys at home with grandma and grandpa so this will be a very bittersweet cruise for us! :sad1:
Both boys are very sad to be missing the FE exchange - they are more sad about that than the actual cruise! lol. It's our absolute fave part of the Disney cruising experience! But they really want to help get all the gifts ready for everyone else so this will be a fun family activity! Can't wait to start working on the gifts! I really hope more cruisers find their way to this thread. Our first DREAM cruise had over 50 participating cabins!! It was fantastic!!
pixiedust:

Thanks for joining the FE list, Linden Lady! Sorry your kids won't be joining us, but maybe we can add them to the FE list anyway? Let me know if you want to do that.

Anyway, here is our cruise's current Fish Extender participation list:

allison63; 9174; 1 adult, 1 kid - 6 (girl)

Linden Lady; 10660 ; 2 adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter