Jan 11, 2015 Western Caribbean (Jamaica)

We will be on this cruise - just got off the Fantasy last week where we booked it. So excited!!

We is me, dh, and two children, 2 grandparents. This will be our 5th cruise with Disney.

I would love to organize a Pink Champagne Ladies get together if anyone is interested.

Awesome. We might have to move our date back to end of Jan. Looking forward to riding the Magic

I'm just barely off the Fantasy Jan 11, 2014 and we got hooked onboard! I'm still in vacation honeymood, as I like to call it :) I'm thinking I might be able to ride this out the entire year, lol!! This will be our 3rd cruise with Disney. It's just me (37), DH (38) and DS (6) and I'm also trying to recruit all my friends and family.

Jamaica here we come!

welcome mutantstar! I'm so jealous that you were just on board the Fantasy! Did you have good weather?

I'm surprised we are the only ones here and the cruise is (just barely) less than a year away... the cruise meet threads I've been in the past on had a lot more activity by this point!

Hi Bella! We did have great weather, until we got back to Orlando :) People at Downtown Disney were in their scarves, hats and mitts :D

I thought I read that a lot of repeat cruisers were waiting till they release itineraries/pricing for the rest of 2015 before they lock down dates and also that the prices for existing 2015 are much more expensive and with changes to OBB some have cancelled altogether.

I see that the 2015 Cruise Meets thread was added only somewhat recently and there was no link for any of the cruises yet. :)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

For my 40th birthday we are going on our first Disney Cruise!!! This has been on my bucket list for at least 5 years. We planned the whole thing out last night and plan on sealing the deal in the next couple of weeks. I'm waiting to talk to my sister about this as she is a cast member and DVC member. I hope we can get a little discount before we purchase.

This is the first time our boys will be on a cruise (11&3). Any advice?

Ps, I'm interested in finding out about fish extenders. How many do you bring? Who do you give them to?

Thank you!

I have 2 boys also. They will be 3 and 11 when we set sail. How do your boys enjoy the activities? I worry about the 11yr old getting stuck doing activities with his 3yr old brother.

Thank you!

For my 40th birthday we are going on our first Disney Cruise!!! This has been on my bucket list for at least 5 years. We planned the whole thing out last night and plan on sealing the deal in the next couple of weeks. I'm waiting to talk to my sister about this as she is a cast member and DVC member. I hope we can get a little discount before we purchase.

This is the first time our boys will be on a cruise (11&3). Any advice?

Ps, I'm interested in finding out about fish extenders. How many do you bring? Who do you give them to?

Thank you!
Hiya Jaymerdoo! So awesome that you're finally getting a chance to cruise Disney, what an awesome birthday celebration! DH and I are huge Disney fans and we just love the Disney boats!

I think if your eldest is 11yo then he would end up in the same club as your 3yo. But I know on Fantasy, the club was large and half of it was for the older crowd and the other side for the younger kids, even though all kids were welcome to move between sides. They would often have a couple activities running at the same time for both Club and Lab.

Our DS didn't have any issues going to the club but we saw lots of kids who didn't want to go near it. At 6yo he really enjoyed the Sloppy Science and Cooking planned activities.

I haven't done Fish Extenders yet, just missed the cutoff date for our Fantasy cruise. But I gather from what I've read that someone organizes the FE group, makes a list of everyone interested in doing it and their staterooms. Then sometime on the cruise you bring around your gifts to the other families involved. I think I read that most groups limit to 20 families, some people make and/or buy gifts for a whole family together or individual gifts for each family member.

I haven't decided on whether I want to do FE yet or not :)

Welcome Jaymerdoo and family! Mutantstar is correct about the FEs, I'm sure someone will organize an FE group or groups as we get closer and more people join the thread. I have done them in the past but we are trying to travel lighter so won't be joining in the FE fun this time.

Thank you for the advice! I'm know Disney is very good about making sure everyone has something they can be interested in. I've seen tins of FEs and people are very creative. It's a little intimidating

I watched this with my boys last night and they were so excited! Thank you for posting the link.

We participated in the FE group on our last Disney cruise and HAD A BLAST! As previously stated someone organizes a list of participants. At some point the group is closed and a list is sent of each stateroom number, the names of it's occupants, their ages and gender. On our cruise, everyone brought something that was unique to their home region. We received chocolates from Canada, coffee from Hawaii, Disney trading pins from Dublin, Ireland, etc. You have to hang a bag or Fish Extender on the fish hook next to your stateroom door so your gifts can be delivered each day. (Check Etsy - there are tons of Fish Hook Extenders for sale on there or you can make your own) We brought enough gifts to make deliveries to all of the participating staterooms a couple of times during the trip. It was so much fun each time we returned to our cabin and found another surprise had been left in our bag on our door.

Welcome Castaway! This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are so excited. Ordered our Disney CC last night. Once it gets here (I hope soon) we will book ��

We will be booking this cruise as soon as our travel agent gets back from her own Disney Cruise! :p It will be our third Disney Cruise, but our first seven-night and our first time on the Magic(our previous cruises were a three-night on the Wonder and a four-night on the Dream). So, so excited!!:hyper:

Welcome Castaway Cajun and fnrsgrl! So excited to be cruising with you all! Isn't it wonderful to have this cruise to look forward to during this nasty cold winter?

Welcome fnrsgrl! I never want to wish away the upcoming summer months especially since we live in the NE but I can't wait to board in 10 months!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter