Jan 10, 2015 Eastern Caribbean (St Thomas) DCL Disney Disboards Fantasy

HI,

Has anyone done this shore excursion ?

"Best of St. Thomas Island Tour and Shopping" ? Any good ?

Also how far a walk is it from the downtown shopping area back to the ship ? With 5 ships in port the day we get there I want to have something pre-planned !

Thanks!

-Ken

Ken-
We tie up at Havensight, which is on the east side of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. There is shopping within walking distance, visible from the ship.
What I would define as "downtown" is a cab ride away.
Based on those 5 ships including Oasis of the Seas, it will be a very busy day on the island. We sail late (5:45 onboard) which is good, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in 5:00 traffic in a cab.
We are going to get an early start and try to be back onboard by 3PM. Ferrying from Red Hook to Cruz Bay. St. John ourselves. Hopefully 9AM over and 2PM back.

Maybe I will do the St. John's tour instead based on the number of ships etc. It's hard to know what to do when you haven't been there before. I do appreciate the advice !

-Ken

Greetings All,

This will be our first cruise aboard the DCL, and we just found out about the Fish Extenders and we are interested in joining the FE. I really think this will be something fun for my daughters.

Could anyone explain to me how to participate in the Fish Extender goups?

Thanks in advance!

B

Hi everyone!
We just booked this cruise as a surprise Christmas gift for our daughter. My DH can not come with us due to starting a new job. My DD is 20. I have been on Disney Wonder 2 times and cruised with Carnival 3 times. I am so excited.

Hi Everyone!
Just booked this cruise for me and my DD9. This will be her first and my first DCL cruise. Looking forward to the fun!
-Eric

Hi folks!

I don't know why I waited so long to check in here - time just got away from me, I guess!

We were on the 2014 East Bound Transatlantic in May, and loved it so much, we originally booked the West Bound Transatlantic for September, 2015. However, our "kids", actually young adults, ages 19 and 23, still love to cruise with us, and because of college/job/possible grad school, would not have been able to come with us. So, we re-booked on this cruise, since they both will be able to make it.

We are Gold Castaways; I think this is our 8th cruise. We will be in Stateroom 8610.

It will also be our "grand slam" cruise, as we have previously been on the other 3 DCL ships, and are looking forward to exploring the Fantasy.

I take it is too late for Fish Extenders, which is fine and totally on me for being so late!

But we are looking forward to meeting any fellow DIS'ers.
I am the only DIS'er in the family; I usually hang out on the Community Board.

Also in the family are DH Eric, DD Jennifer age 23, and DS Mark age 19.

Jennifer graduated in May from the University of Iowa with a degree in biology (the Transatlantic cruise was a graduation celebration), and is working as a nursing assistant, planning to become a physician assistant in the future. She LOVES the Trivia games on board.

Mark is a sophomore at University of Iowa, studying human physiology. He is in the middle of finals week, then has a month (!) off from school. He LOVES the Club 18*21. Is anyone else going to be in that group?

DH Eric usually hangs out with me and we like to watch movies, work out, and go to the onboard stuff such as the dance lessons, Art of Entertainment cooking demonstrations, and lectures. We also hope to do the Castaway Cay 5K. Eric has had 2 hip replacements, so he is not "supposed" to be running, but he walks fast. I run slow, so we even out! He also enjoys the alcohol tastings, but is not sure how many of these he will be doing this time.

And me, I just love everything about Disney Cruises!

We've got dinners at Palo and Remy booked, and brunch at Palo and dessert at Remy. We love food!

See you all soon!

Hi Everyone! Just booked this cruise for me and my DD9. This will be her first and my first DCL cruise. Looking forward to the fun! -Eric
We have a DD9 as well. She loves to make friends. You will love the experience!

Sailing Fantasy 1/10/2015. Anyone know how to sign up for the fish extender exchange. Having trouble finding anything that might point me in the right direction.
TIA
:confused3

Sailing Fantasy 1/10/2015. Anyone know how to sign up for the fish extender exchange. Having trouble finding anything that might point me in the right direction.
TIA
:confused3

Earlier in this thread I was told the fish extender closed back in October.

Ken

Hi, I just found these boards too! This will be the first cruise for my DD9 and I. I am bummed that I just learned of the FE's and that I missed the cutoff.

Would it be possible (and allowed) for me to organize a Latecomer FE for the handful of us that missed the cut off but want to participate? Like I said, I am new here so please let me know if that request is totally out of line.
Thanks!
:wave2:

Hi folks!

I don't know why I waited so long to check in here - time just got away from me, I guess!

We were on the 2014 East Bound Transatlantic in May, and loved it so much, we originally booked the West Bound Transatlantic for September, 2015. However, our "kids", actually young adults, ages 19 and 23, still love to cruise with us, and because of college/job/possible grad school, would not have been able to come with us. So, we re-booked on this cruise, since they both will be able to make it.

We are Gold Castaways; I think this is our 8th cruise. We will be in Stateroom 8610.

It will also be our "grand slam" cruise, as we have previously been on the other 3 DCL ships, and are looking forward to exploring the Fantasy.

I take it is too late for Fish Extenders, which is fine and totally on me for being so late!

But we are looking forward to meeting any fellow DIS'ers.
I am the only DIS'er in the family; I usually hang out on the Community Board.

Also in the family are DH Eric, DD Jennifer age 23, and DS Mark age 19.

Jennifer graduated in May from the University of Iowa with a degree in biology (the Transatlantic cruise was a graduation celebration), and is working as a nursing assistant, planning to become a physician assistant in the future. She LOVES the Trivia games on board.

Mark is a sophomore at University of Iowa, studying human physiology. He is in the middle of finals week, then has a month (!) off from school. He LOVES the Club 18*21. Is anyone else going to be in that group?

DH Eric usually hangs out with me and we like to watch movies, work out, and go to the onboard stuff such as the dance lessons, Art of Entertainment cooking demonstrations, and lectures. We also hope to do the Castaway Cay 5K. Eric has had 2 hip replacements, so he is not "supposed" to be running, but he walks fast. I run slow, so we even out! He also enjoys the alcohol tastings, but is not sure how many of these he will be doing this time.

And me, I just love everything about Disney Cruises!

We've got dinners at Palo and Remy booked, and brunch at Palo and dessert at Remy. We love food!

See you all soon!

Hi Deb.. gladto see you and the family again. See you on boar:wave2:d

Hi Deb.. gladto see you and the family again. See you on boar:wave2:d

Wow, that is GREAT!! We were just saying that we would LOVE to see folks from our EBTA cruise!! So excited to be cruising again with you, Susan!

I think this thread has been edited so much, all the information is gone. At least, I can't find it.

Is there going to be a DIS Meet somewhere? :confused3

Hey all,

Is there a FE swap that's still open? If not, I'm willing to put together a late-comer FE swap!! Let me know if one is open and I'll join.

:grouphug:

Hey all,
Is there a FE swap that's still open? If not, I'm willing to put together a late-comer FE swap!! Let me know if one is open and I'll join.
:grouphug:

There is a group open until tonight at midnight! Hurry and get your info in if you want to join us!

how can we join the FE if it still open?

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM. If no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, perhaps someone can start that now right in this thread.

Hello all! I am new to Dis but I have to admit I have been lurking for a while ;)
We have recently booked this cruise, it will be myself, DH (both in our 30's) and DS 6. We can't wait! We have taken one Disney cruise on the Magic before, but it was only 3 night tease. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends! Not much longer now...

Hi all! This is our first Disney Cruise! I'm traveling with small children and elderly parents and I want to get a family cabana. If anyone is thinking about cancelling their reservation please let me know.....I'd be willing to pay a premium too if necessary. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter