Jammin' to Jamaica - Aug 30 2014 ~ Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western

Please RSVP for the Meet & Greet on Aug 30 - kids & adults. For more than 5 Post RSVP

• Yes, 1 Adults (21+)

• Yes, 2 Adults

• Yes, 3 Adults

• Yes, 4 Adults

• Yes, 5 Adults

• Yes, 1 Kid/youth

• Yes, 2 Kid/youth

• Yes, 3 Kid/youth

• Yes, 4 Kid/youth

• Yes, 5 Kid/youth

• No, sorry well miss it

Results are only viewable after voting.
I must have missed that earlier about your changes.

That sounds like a great thanksgiving.

Our thanksgivings are very boring. With my husband being a retail manager that does extremely popular black friday sales, he tends to have to go to work around 9PM Thanksgiving Evening. As our families live farther away, we just take ourselves to Cracker Barrel for breakfast & relax the rest of the day. I then don't really see him until after January 1st. (Its also a reason it worked out well this past year when I moved to Naples a month before him)

Oh you are the only other family I know that does this!!! :) We go to TGI Fridays and Ruth's Chris for dinner. Sometimes a few other places, but in general we head out to eat for both holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I hosted a Thanksgiving once and my aunt told me I had to put my hand up the turkey and grab things out of there. I was so grossed out and I told her I felt like I should at least know the turkey's name before I do those things. She was laughing, but yuck!! My family never asked me to host again :laughing:

Yes this is the ages that they will be on the cruise. My Cousin and her family are now staying in the cabins with us. So I am adding the Malone's to our cabins. Frank and Sue and their DS 8 Dominic. He will be 8 at the time of the cruise. It is thier first cruise. I am debating on the FE. How is it going to work? Does everyone get one day to give to everyone else?

Great that your cousin and family are joining us :thumbsup2
I'll get them added to the cruisers list on the first thread.

We will give 1x... I don't think it's decided yet if we'll go with assigned days or just give at random. It's up to the participants, and I think it rather early to make any real decisions. Some people like to deliver a few gifts each day - maybe do a couple floors - and spread out their fun of playing "Santa" over a few days.

I hope you get to meet nice people :goodvibes

We always meet nice people. We seem to spend a LOT of time with our DISboard friends. In 2009 we spent about 50% of our time with DISfriends (the other 50% with the bride & groom)

I know I mentioned it before but we met for a day at Disneyland with a mother/daughter we met on the DIS then spent time with on our 2012 cruise. Others I connect with regularly on Facebook.

Sabrina and some of her friends from the DIS were inseparable in 2012. They still connect periodically on the old thread, but I think mostly on instagram now. (We didn't have a KIDS ONLY thread for the 2009 cruise.)

:love: I love the DIS! :love:

:welcome: Smartiewdw :welcome:

You are definately NOT the only one planning :rotfl2:

Glad you are joining us... are you traveling solo or is your ladyfriend joining you?

Any celebrations for this cruise? Would you like to join in on the FE?

I love planning I can't help it. It helps me from getting depressed. Welcome new people.:banana: :rotfl: :cool1: pixiedust: :artist: :stir:

LiseG I think I want to join the FE. I am new to this. Can you tell me how you are organizing it please? Do we get multiple room to deliver to each day? Do we them all one day? Do we deliver to the rooms more then once? I am sorry for so many questions, but there seems to be hundreds of ways to do this.

LiseG I think I want to join the FE. I am new to this. Can you tell me how you are organizing it please? Do we get multiple room to deliver to each day? Do we them all one day? Do we deliver to the rooms more then once? I am sorry for so many questions, but there seems to be hundreds of ways to do this.

Great questions :thumbsup2

Most folks only deliver to a cabin 1x. Less walking that way ;)

I want to let the group determine the delivery style - assign days or random delivery.

Option 1 - assigned - This delivery style provides a somewhat steady flow of fun waiting for you each time you come home from the begining to the end of the cruise. If we vote to assign days, I will break the participating cabins into groups and pre-assign a few DISmembers to deliver each day. Ex. Monday - Group 1 delivers to everyone, Tuesday - Group 2 delivers to everyone, etc. This worked well on our 2009 cruise... we knew we had the last day, so we picked Oregon snacks for the grown ups and coloring sets that would entertain the kids for the ride / flight home. I remember the day we docked in Castaway Cay we awoke to find fun sunglasses and beach stuff in our FE. :smooth:

Option 2 - random... you deliver the list in any order and when ever you like. No pressure to get it all done on one day or night when you might be dinnig at Palo or feel like lounging at the pool :beach:

I think it's too early to vote on a delivery stlye. Maybe at the 6-month mark when more cruisers have had a chance to join the DISboards.

Great questions :thumbsup2

Most folks only deliver to a cabin 1x. Less walking that way ;)

I want to let the group determine the delivery style - assign days or random delivery.

Option 1 - assigned - This delivery style provides a somewhat steady flow of fun waiting for you each time you come home from the begining to the end of the cruise. If we vote to assign days, I will break the participating cabins into groups and pre-assign a few DISmembers to deliver each day. Ex. Monday - Group 1 delivers to everyone, Tuesday - Group 2 delivers to everyone, etc. This worked well on our 2009 cruise... we knew we had the last day, so we picked Oregon snacks for the grown ups and coloring sets that would entertain the kids for the ride / flight home. I remember the day we docked in Castaway Cay we awoke to find fun sunglasses and beach stuff in our FE. :smooth:

Option 2 - random... you deliver the list in any order and when ever you like. No pressure to get it all done on one day or night when you might be dinnig at Palo or feel like lounging at the pool :beach:

I think it's too early to vote on a delivery stlye. Maybe at the 6-month mark when more cruisers have had a chance to join the DISboards.

Sounds good. I have the two cabins with a total of four adults and four kids. Since it is two rooms booked, do I deliver twice? I would like to join the FE.

Hi ! Finalizing our booking soon!! It will be two families: Me, hubby, sons (12 & 3). My sister too- Sis, hubby, daughters (7, 5 & 1)...and grandpa! We are first time cruisers! We are from Queens, NY, now living in NJ.

:welcome: Cesi :welcome:

Can't wait to meet you, DH, DS12 & DS3
... and Sis, DH, DD7, DD5 & DD1)...and grandpa!
You're all going to love your first cruise!

There is a KIDS ONLY thread for our cruise that your oldest son might enjoy. It's great when the kids arrive for the cruise and already have friends. My daughter is still in contact with DISboard friends from our last cruise. Will he be 12 or 13 on the cruise?

KIDS ONLY - Aug 30 2014 ~ Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter