Jammin' to Jamaica - Aug 30 2014 ~ Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western

Please RSVP for the Meet & Greet on Aug 30 - kids & adults. For more than 5 Post RSVP

• Yes, 1 Adults (21+)

• Yes, 2 Adults

• Yes, 3 Adults

• Yes, 4 Adults

• Yes, 5 Adults

• Yes, 1 Kid/youth

• Yes, 2 Kid/youth

• Yes, 3 Kid/youth

• Yes, 4 Kid/youth

• Yes, 5 Kid/youth

• No, sorry well miss it

Results are only viewable after voting.
We may just stay on the ship also as Grand Cayman didn't impress me much in 2007 & I rather enjoy the ship more empty.

That is the hardest thing about it. Waiting to see what the excursions are in Jamaica. Juls really won't be able to make an organized decision until we know what is offered.

LOL! I never have people down here (and I have a lot of people!!) In all fairness, I'm not sure I would have ever made the trip from DC, Boston, or NYC for ATL. ;)

Although, this year, Redskins play the Falcons and I am about an hour away. So it could be that I have a few family members caravanning down. The only thing it is Dec 15th, it might be too close to Christmas. Time will tell.

Did you just move to Naples?

I moved to Naples at the beginning of December for a job from Middle Georgia. We were doing a lease option on a house down here but as the house didn't appraise on top of title issues and many other inspection issues we found somewhere else to go & now fighting to get that escrow money back. Our new place is working out much better & lacks all the issues of the other house plus the real estate transaction couldn't have been smoother!

We lived in Georgia for about 4.5 years. We moved down there from MA.

That is the hardest thing about it. Waiting to see what the excursions are in Jamaica. Juls really won't be able to make an organized decision until we know what is offered.

Hopefully they should be announcing them for this fall in the next couple of months so we can start getting an idea.

How does that work? :confused3

If you have a Target Red Card (either debit or credit) you can get 5% off the Disney gift card. If you fill 5 prescriptions at Target, you get a coupon for an additional 5% off. So...if you stack them, you get about 9% off the Disney cards.

I've heard that Kroger gives you credit towards fuel points, so people have saved a lot on gas that way also. I didn't know about the United Mileage points, but that sounds like a deal too.

We may just stay on the ship also as Grand Cayman didn't impress me much in 2007 & I rather enjoy the ship more empty.

I was thinking... there's another advangtage of staying on the ship. There are usually specials in the Spa when everyone heads out for their excursions. :cool1:

If you have a Target Red Card (either debit or credit) you can get 5% off the Disney gift card. If you fill 5 prescriptions at Target, you get a coupon for an additional 5% off. So...if you stack them, you get about 9% off the Disney cards.

I've heard that Kroger gives you credit towards fuel points, so people have saved a lot on gas that way also. I didn't know about the United Mileage points, but that sounds like a deal too.

Albertson's has a special/discount on their gift cards from time to time. I'm checking with a friend to find out how it works and will post.

United will max you at 35k or 30k miles per cruise, but not how many cruises you can book in a year. I could book back to back short cruises and really max out, but Julie loves this group, so we are here.:)

United will max you at 35k or 30k miles per cruise, but not how many cruises you can book in a year. I could book back to back short cruises and really max out, but Julie loves this group, so we are here.:)

Plus multiple visits to Nassau just isn't fun.

We still haven't made it to Nassau. We've booked all 7-Day cruises and until recently Nassau hasn't been an option. I would like to see Atlantis once.

I was looking at DCL out of Galvaston last night. What a deal... $699 for a 7-Day! One option is mostly our route (Cozumel, Jamaica, no Castaway Cay), but the other includes Key West and Nassau. Might be fun!

Touche'

The thing with Atlantis is it has some cool excursions, but the prices are outlandish in comparison. $300 for the Atlantis swim and $125 for the same extreme swim in Grand cayman.

It's not worth the price difference. By the time you pay that, you might as well do an Oct Western 5 day from Miami. The money saved can fund the extra nights

We still haven't made it to Nassau. We've booked all 7-Day cruises and until recently Nassau hasn't been an option. I would like to see Atlantis once.

I was looking at DCL out of Galvaston last night. What a deal... $699 for a 7-Day! One option is mostly our route (Cozumel, Jamaica, no Castaway Cay), but the other includes Key West and Nassau. Might be fun!

I did Atlantis in 2010 while on a cruise with my husband's work. We found it to be a huge tourist trap and actually bailed on our tour halfway through and just went back to the ship area. That is really cheap for a 7 Day & a great option for those on the West Coast/Middle of US who have to fly or are in driving distance of the port. For me, the savings are little as I would have to now fly.

I do love Key West! I've been there 4 times in my life on cruises & had fun each time. I think we are going to do a long weekend there sometime in the upcoming months as there is a ferry at Marco Island that does there.

I did Atlantis in 2010 while on a cruise with my husband's work. We found it to be a huge tourist trap and actually bailed on our tour halfway through and just went back to the ship area. That is really cheap for a 7 Day & a great option for those on the West Coast/Middle of US who have to fly or are in driving distance of the port. For me, the savings are little as I would have to now fly.

I do love Key West! I've been there 4 times in my life on cruises & had fun each time. I think we are going to do a long weekend there sometime in the upcoming months as there is a ferry at Marco Island that does there.

Galveston is not nearly as enticing an embarkation port as Port Canaveral. The flight will cost West Coast folks $100-200pp MORE to Houston that Orlando. You can’t do the pre-stay at your Vacation Club accommodations or hit a day or two at WDW. But that said $2300 for 3 of us to go, that still makes it a great deal.

We have the logistics of Orlando Cape Canaveral down… fly in to MCO, get a car, spend the night, hit the liquor store, drop the car in Port Canaveral and free shuttle to the ship in time for lunch. With Houston/Galveston we’d have to figure it out all again…. that could be fun :rotfl:

We have friends who just love Key West... I'm betting they end up on one for these Fall sailings... I'd love to join them :dance3:

Galveston is not nearly as enticing an embarkation port as Port Canaveral. The flight will cost West Coast folks $100-200pp MORE to Houston that Orlando. You can’t do the pre-stay at your Vacation Club accommodations or hit a day or two at WDW. But that said $2300 for 3 of us to go, that still makes it a great deal.

We have the logistics of Orlando Cape Canaveral down… fly in to MCO, get a car, spend the night, hit the liquor store, drop the car in Port Canaveral and free shuttle to the ship in time for lunch. With Houston/Galveston we’d have to figure it out all again…. that could be fun :rotfl:

We have friends who just love Key West... I'm betting they end up on one for these Fall sailings... I'd love to join them :dance3:

Go for it:thumbsup2

There are days I wish we lived in Florida and could drive to all the great spots or jump on a cruise or hit the parks (and get the FL resident rates).

I'd have to be a snowbird. I can't stand heat or humidity. I worked in Orlando for a couple months, but the project left Florida just before 4th of July. It was fun commuting weekly to FL... but it was 1996 aka the year 2 BDCL (before Disney Cruise Lines). :lmao:

There are days I wish we lived in Florida and could drive to all the great spots or jump on a cruise or hit the parks (and get the FL resident rates).

I'd have to be a snowbird. I can't stand heat or humidity. I worked in Orlando for a couple months, but the project left Florida just before 4th of July. It was fun commuting weekly to FL... but it was 1996 aka the year 2 BDCL (before Disney Cruise Lines). :lmao:

I love livening here also. We used to go camping down in key west all the time. I live in west palm beach, it's 3 1/2 hr to key west, 2 1/2 to Disney 3 hr from Tampa. When I was single a long long time ago I lived in south beach. And I live 20 min from the beach. And I tell my daughter she can go to any collage she wants as long as its in Florida because we have so many good collages. We laugh she said she wants to go to collage in Orlando so she can work at Disney or universal. The only thing is the hurricanes. But I rather have a hurricane then a tornado. We are given days to prepare with a hurricane but only minutes with a tornado.

I thought about it too. Especially once all the kids are home schooled (although I'm not sure Samantha ever will)

I have a house there that my dad had bought two weeks before he died. Right now, we are renting it out, but I went to see about getting a resident card. The rules have just recently changed and you can't get anything without turning in your original state license. Completely ridiculous since there are so many that have two homes. I get not being able to hold two drivers license, but a FL resident card should not have the requirement of giving up another state license.

I love livening here also. We used to go camping down in key west all the time. I live in west palm beach, it's 3 1/2 hr to key west, 2 1/2 to Disney 3 hr from Tampa. When I was single a long long time ago I lived in south beach. And I live 20 min from the beach. And I tell my daughter she can go to any collage she wants as long as its in Florida because we have so many good collages. We laugh she said she wants to go to collage in Orlando so she can work at Disney or universal. The only thing is the hurricanes. But I rather have a hurricane then a tornado. We are given days to prepare with a hurricane but only minutes with a tornado.

Sabrina wants to work at Disney too. Maybe we need to move to CA or FL before college to establish residence??

I thought about it too. Especially once all the kids are home schooled (although I'm not sure Samantha ever will)

I have a house there that my dad had bought two weeks before he died. Right now, we are renting it out, but I went to see about getting a resident card. The rules have just recently changed and you can't get anything without turning in your original state license. Completely ridiculous since there are so many that have two homes. I get not being able to hold two drivers license, but a FL resident card should not have the requirement of giving up another state license.

I didn't know you could hold two states' drivers licenses. Oregon made us turn in CA when we got here. :drive:

Depending on where the kids want to go to college residence in FL could be a good thing :-)

I rather have a hurricane then a tornado. We are given days to prepare with a hurricane but only minutes with a tornado.

Then there are us DCL diehards who show up for cruisises during huricanes. In 2004, we watch hurricane Francis go over us on the doppler radar as we sat "honkered down" in our room in WDW All-Star Movie. :happytv:

We lived in California 'til 1996... no prep time for earthquakes either. Here in Oregon we don't get major weather. Just more rain than most places. This week is beautiful... mid-70s and sunny :sunny:

Then there are us DCL diehards who show up for cruisises during huricanes. In 2004, we watch hurricane Francis go over us on the doppler radar as we sat "honkered down" in our room in WDW All-Star Movie. :happytv:

We lived in California 'til 1996... no prep time for earthquakes either. Here in Oregon we don't get major weather. Just more rain than most places. This week is beautiful... mid-70s and sunny :sunny:

We did also can't remember the hurricane but it was also first week of sept in 2004 maybe we want on the same cruise. My mother-in-law threw up when she was getting a massage. It was the first time ever we felt the boat rock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter