• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jammin' to Jamaica - Aug 30 2014 ~ Fantasy ~ 7-Night Western

Please RSVP for the Meet & Greet on Aug 30 - kids & adults. For more than 5 Post RSVP

• Yes, 1 Adults (21+)

• Yes, 2 Adults

• Yes, 3 Adults

• Yes, 4 Adults

• Yes, 5 Adults

• Yes, 1 Kid/youth

• Yes, 2 Kid/youth

• Yes, 3 Kid/youth

• Yes, 4 Kid/youth

• Yes, 5 Kid/youth

• No, sorry well miss it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi, my name is Shelley and I am going to be sailing with my niece Melissa (melsherard) and her awesome family on the 8-30-14 cruise. This is my first Disney cruise and I'm so excited!!!
:goodvibes

Im so excited for this cruise, that I've already bought some things for the FE gift exchange!! Not sure how to post a picture on here, or I would show it.

Wow, you're getting going early! I'm usually finishing up our FE gifts the week of the cruise :rotfl2:

I started the FE Exchange list and posted it on the first post of our thread. ::yes::

Lise

:welcome: CarolyninCO ~ Carolyn, Lou and little Sofie :welcome:

You’re going to love Disney cruises. This will be #6 for us. Just keep reading and asking questions and you’ll learn all you want to know by cruise time. But it's fun to save some surprises for the cruise.

Quick question: For those who buy insurance, when do you purchase that? Now or closer to the cruise date?

Thanks so much!
Carolyn

Carolyn,

As far as insurance, some policies provide additional benefits if you purchase the plan within 15 days of initial trip deposit... like covering pre-existing medical conditions and financial default. I'd say if you're past 15 days, still the sooner the better :)

Lise

:welcome: Matdrew :welcome:

We can wait to meet you two and your kiddos... James, Juliana, Gracie

Lise

:welcome: Seymoore ~ Shelley :welcome:

It's going to be fun to have you and Melissa's crew aboard pirate:

hi

Does anyone know would it be better to get two inside cabins or One family suite with veranda that sleeps 3-5 . I think its a cat 4 or something( room 7104)

Carolyn,

As far as insurance, some policies provide additional benefits if you purchase the plan within 15 days of initial trip deposit... like covering pre-existing medical conditions and financial default. I'd say if you're past 15 days, still the sooner the better :)

Lise

Thanks Lise,
That's a huge help. I've read tons of threads on insurance options, but hadn't seen anything about the 15 days after booking. Better get moving on some quotes - less than 2 weeks left! :)

Carolyn

hi

Does anyone know would it be better to get two inside cabins or One family suite with veranda that sleeps 3-5 . I think its a cat 4 or something( room 7104)

Humm... we haven't sailed on the Fantasy so I'll base my comments on the Magic/Wonder. We chose a veranda on our first cruise. It was only 4 days and we hardly used it. Now we go with Oceanview. Some friends really enjoy quite time on their veranda or a place to share a private drink. Disney allows alcohol to be brought on board but it must be consumed in private. So a veranda could be a perfect place to enjoy some Kahlua in your coffee or a margarita on the rocks.(BYOB... yes, blenders...no, I'll post more on that later and the link).

Smoking is allowed on the verandas... which is a plus for some and a negative if you're a non-smoker on the next veranda and the wind is blowing your way.

Sabrina was nearly 4 that first cruise. She was never a climber so that aspect of the veranda didn't worry me. I'm sure Disney has made the verandas as safe as possible, but if your kids like to pile up the furniture, add the pillows and bounce like tigger, I think I'd go with an ocean view. :tigger:

The two inside cabins would give you double bathrooms... or double split baths, depending which class of inside cabin you choose. It would also increase your closet and cabinet space. I'm thinking this would be very important with teenagers... more mirrors and room for all those cool clothes. The little ones should like the Magic Porthole and you might like double bath tubs.

I'm hoping our DISfriends who've cruised aboard the Fantasy will add their thoughts and tips.

Thanks Lise,
That's a huge help. I've read tons of threads on insurance options, but hadn't seen anything about the 15 days after booking. Better get moving on some quotes - less than 2 weeks left! :)

Carolyn

I need to call and find out how best to handle insurance on the trip now and airfare later.... I'm guessing two policies, but I'll call my expert. Then add DVC points to the mix it's going to be interesting. I'll let you know what I find out. :confused3

I was so excited to find out last night that not only is my Aunt Shelley coming on this cruise with us, now my Aunt Ellenor is coming too! Yay!! They are all booked :)

591 DAYS!!!! Not that im counting or anything....:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I was wondering if I could start gathering info for FE gifts now instead of waiting further down the road. Here is the info I would need:

Family last name
Cabin # (if you have one)
favorite character of each person in cabin
favorite color of each person in cabin
favorite disney songs
age of kids at time of cruise

Thank you all in advance:worship: . If I dont start now, ill never get anything done lol

I do not have all of this info, but I can tell you what I know :)

Family last name: Sherard
Cabin #'s : 7184 & 7186
Genny will be 15
Gracie will be 13

I will have to find out all of the rest of the info from my family :)

I have some ideas for my FE gifts, I think I'm going to start making stuff but not personalizing anything yet.

I don't know about you, but making the gifts helps the time to go by faster :cool1:

melsherard said:
I was so excited to find out last night that not only is my Aunt Shelley coming on this cruise with us, now my Aunt Ellenor is coming too! Yay!! They are all booked :)

I am soooo hyper about this cruise!!!!!!! Thank you Melissa for all your help!

I do not have all of this info, but I can tell you what I know :)

Family last name: Sherard
Cabin #'s : 7184 & 7186
Genny will be 15
Gracie will be 13

I will have to find out all of the rest of the info from my family :)

I have some ideas for my FE gifts, I think I'm going to start making stuff but not personalizing anything yet.

I don't know about you, but making the gifts helps the time to go by faster :cool1:

oh totally! Thats why I want to start now lol. Plus I can finish the gifts for those who are already on here, and just stay caught up everytime someone joins. I know if I get behind now and wait until the last minute, I wont get ANYTHING finished!!

Does anyone have a photo of their FE (Fish Extender)? I'm thinking about making a new one. I hear the width of the hanging space is a little narrower on the Fantasy/Dream than on the Magic/Wonder. :confused3

Does anyone have a photo of their FE (Fish Extender)? I'm thinking about making a new one. I hear the width of the hanging space is a little narrower on the Fantasy/Dream than on the Magic/Wonder. :confused3

I will try to pull mine out this week to post a pic for you of ours. We had it for our first cruise on the Wonder and used it last year on the Fantasy and it fit perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter