Jammed Fingers

goob9954

Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow
OK I think I have 2 jammed fingers and they're green and swollen and bruised I use ice packs but they don't do two craps for me and I'm kinda nervous about it

when i jam a finger bad, I place it in a coffee can filled with ice water, and leave it in there for a good 30 min to an hour. Depending on how bad, it could be painful.

Ouch. Best of luck. Jammed fingers are the worst. I got them all the time when I played basketball.

Taping them helped me, and ice.

Or if you're REALLY REALLY brave, you pop em back in place. -cringe-
But I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you know what you are doing.

i was playing basketball and the ball hurt my finger and it got 2 times bigger and purple. ha ha.

just wrap it up and apply ice occasionally. it will be better in a week or two.

When i got my 2 fingers jammed in basketball it was so bad i had to go get them popped back into place.

Dont worry about it jammed fingers happen all the time all they have to do is cut it off lol jk. Ya just ice but not for to long like 15 mins off and on if you leave it on to long you will start getting arthritis.

Dont worry about it jammed fingers happen all the time all they have to do is cut it off lol jk. Ya just ice but not for to long like 15 mins off and on if you leave it on to long you will start getting arthritis.

omg. you do not get arthritis from too much cold.

Anyway... jammed fingers are really common. I dont know how you were injured, but Im going to guess that a basketball/football/etc, hit the tip of your finger. If thats the case, you're fingers are probably jammed. Its an inside joke of the athletic training world that with any injury, you gotta ice it! So... Put an icebag on it for 20 minutes, let it rest for 20, and so on. If you are allowed to have drinks in your classroom, freeze a bottle of water and take it with you to class. Just hold the bottle of ice for a while and that basically does the same thing.

If you have athletic tape, get the 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch size and tape your fingers to one finger next to it. For instance, if your ing finger was jammed, tape it to your middle finger. If your jammed fingers are right next to each other, tape them to each other. Tape above and below the middle joint of the finger.

If you do this, your fingers should heal within 2 weeks. If they dont get any better after 3 1/2 weeks, go to a doctor.

When I jammed my fingers (by trying to stretch and hitting my shoe...) I put ice on it. It turned out bad, we called the doc, I had to keep it straight. It hurt to move it, so straight was easy.

Good luck. They hurt!

I messed up my thumb pretty bad at a basketball practice and had to pop it back into place, then during volleyball season jammed the same thumb in pregame warm ups and had to pop it back in again.

you sure they're jammed and not broken?

That's my question.

I've seen a lot of friends jam their fingers, and I've even done it a few times, but I've never seen them green. That's more common with breakages.

Owww.
That sucks!
I've broken like, all my fingers.
it hurts so bad.
But really, I've broken i think....7?

One time the bone came out of it. It was so nasty. :P

Owww.
That sucks!
I've broken like, all my fingers.
it hurts so bad.
But really, I've broken i think....7?

One time the bone came out of it. It was so nasty. :P
i broke my middle finger one, and the bone at the top popped out of place, it hurt SO bad, i had to go to the doctor.

i dont remember ever jamming my fingers, but just get it checked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter