Jamie's Journal (comments welcome please!)

Hey Jamie:

Welcome home, and glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to CA. Was the housing really expensive out there?

:hug: on being so busy at work, and your new "not so good" boss...maybe things will turn out all right once the dust settles...or maybe you'll get a fabulous job offer in CA, and you'll just say sayonara.

Don't worry about falling off the exercise & eating wagon (you're not alone!). Once things settle down for you, I'm sure you'll get right back to your workout ways!

Beth

Hi Jamie, if this move is what you want, I really hope it works out! Personally, I would love to move to California, no more weirdo, wacko blizzards! Keep us posted, it will all work out as its meant to. And Qdoba is evil! I know there are healthy things to eat there, but I can't stay away from the nachos and guac to find out. I was on a Qdoba kick for awhile and its addicting! Sorry Moron #2's replacement is not so great. Maybe that position has bad karma or something. I am also sorry you have been working so hard, I hope that gets better soon. Just do the best you can, I hope today was a good "get back on track" day. I am struggling right now too, but I know we can all do it! Hang in there!

P.S. I am looking at a nursing home up near you in Brighton for my mom. Maybe she'll be your neighbor although you may be long gone to CA by the time I get her there (if I like that one).

:hug: Jamie,

It sounds like you have been super busy the past few weeks! I hope you get some time for some rest and relaxation soon.:goodvibes

Have a great weekend!:goodvibes

Hi Jaimie
nice to 'see' you ;)
How exciting that you may get to move to CA :)
Hope work settles down for you soon.
You've made a great start at getting back on that wagon :)

WOW!

I know how you feel about moving and all that. Even with the excitement of the area, it would be awhile before it was home. If all the variables are good, it could end up being a great change. I am not one to talk. I work for the same company as I have for nearly 20 yrs. I have always wanted to live in San Francisco, but dh doesnt' even take it into consideration. I think I may be too old for such a change anyhow.

Good work for the re-dedication. I had to do the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I was getting pretty well off the road with my wagon. Work was busy, and an easy thing to fall back on. But it is always this way in the summer, so here I am. Getting back on track and going forward. Great for you!

Guess I should take the stuff out of the car from our quick trip visiting my parents.

Have a great week, and I hope that work gets back after you work all the bugs out of the new system!

Wendy

We started out in the Bay Area (Santa Clara/Sunnyvale area). I love Southern CA now, but I still miss the Bay Area. :wizard: for you that it all works out the way you want it to.

Hi Everyone.

Wow....what a few weeks this has been. Still been crazy busy at work and at home. We are still up in the air about moving to CA. I would love to do it...when we were out there on the 4th, I loved it. It was so beautiful. We are mostly waiting on DH's job to figure out what they are doing. He is getting ready to go back out there next week for a week. He has spent a lot of time out there. I know he likes it too. The only thing that scares me is the price of houses. Here in Denver I paid 180K for my house six years ago. It's a 3 bedroom, two bath, two car garage. I found a house in Antioch for 455K that was a little bigger. However the sales lady called me the other day and told me that they had a huge price drop and those houses were selling for 379K now. I noticed that a lot of things were pretty comparable to Denver as in price wise. Groceries, gas, fast food places. The only thing that seemed to be high was the houses. I guess we just wait and see what happens.

Work as I said is still crazy! I wish that it would slow down and get better. I am sure that it will once this new system is no longer new!!! We are live and everything is running okay. We are still having a few issues, but that is to be expected. I just hope it gets better. It has to right.

My eating has been good, the exercise has not been happening. It's the same thing as before, I get home and don't have time to do anything but cook and then go to bed! I thought for sure that I had gained some weight, but I saw my parents this last weekend and the both commented on how I looked like I had lost a little more weight. Then the inlaws came over that same day and my DMIL said the same thing. I decided to weight my self and I have actually lost weight. It's great!!!!

Ya'll will be proud, I have 5 cans of fresh green beans at the house. I have some for lunch today!!!! My dad has a little garden back in Nebraska and he brought me some green beans. They are sooo good. So I will be having some veggies in my diet for a while. Then it will be another year or so before I get more veggies. I wish that my parents could ship the green beans to me!! They are the best! But I know that it's hard since when DM can's them they are in glass jars. That would not be good if they broke open.

The good news is that I was finally able to talk DH into going to WDW again this year. It was a quick decision and I only had a few days to get it done. We booked it with Disney travel, not my first choice, but he was adamant on going with Disney travel. So we leave on Sept 2 and come home on Sept 14. We are staying at the POR again this year. We are spending 10 days in the parks and one and a half days messing around. We found out that DH's uncle will be in WDW the same time as us, so we are going to try and get together with them one day. That should be nice. I have never met him or his SO. I think we are going to try and meet on Monday the 3rd. We are not going to be in the parks that day, I think we are going to be playing golf or something like that.

Well I am off to work again, I should have some time this weekend, I really miss all of you. I need to get caught up on your journals and get back to doing this daily.

Thanks for the support and for stopping by. Have a great day! I hope to be back in a few days :)

Hi Jamie,

It's great to hear from you! It sounds like you are busy, but doing well.:goodvibes I am so happy for you that you do get to go to WDW this year!:banana: You must be so excited.... Your trip is right around the corner!:yay: :woohoo:

That's great that your family is complimenting you on your weight loss.princess: Exercise is important for overall health, but I really believe the key to weight loss is healthy eating. You're doing that and losing weight! Great job Jamie!:cheer2:

Sending lots of :wizard: as you and your DH decide about your move to California. It sounds like you both would enjoy living there. :goodvibes

Hope you have a great week! It's great to hear from you!:hug:

Wohoo jaimie your going to WDW :) lucky you!
Great that people are starting to notice you've lost weight :)
House prices have rocketed over here too, looks like the way of the world now days!!! Hope you find out soon about CA.
Sorry if i sound dumb - but cant you buy veggies after your dads have run out???

Yippee!

Going to WDW. Great! And, that will give you and DH time to chat about his work, and Cal and all those important things while you are flying backwards down Everest Expedition!

It is cool that you canned some veggies. They taste so much better, and there fore much easier to consume. I love fresh veggies. Can't get enough. Well, the same can be said about good chocolate! :goodvibes

Enjoy the weekend, and have a blast getting ready to go to WDW~!

Wendy

Hi Jamie, that is great you are going to WDW, that trip is really coming up! That is a nice long trip, you guys really deserve it.

Great job losing more weight! With all you have going on, that is really something to be proud of. I hear you on the California thing, dh got a job offer in San Diego about four years ago, we didn't take it due to housing prices (and my parents who we just can't leave). But when I was there this past June, I was so sorry we hadn't been able to! It will all work out the way its meant to.

Hope you are having some time for you occasionally and that things keep getting better at work! Do you miss Moron #2??:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter