Jamesy! Where is he now?

Jamezy, you conducted the walking tour on embarkation day on my family's very first cruise in 2014, and we had the pleasure of seeing and being hosted/entertained by you again on our next two cruises! No host/entertainer ever stood out in our minds as being nearly as #fabulous as you, and to this day we always go into "spot Jamezy" mode whenever we watch other peoples' Disney Cruise Videos on YouTube!! Can't say that we remember any names of any other DCL staffers from those cruises... but you, we remember and always look forward to spotting again!

We wish you much luck and happiness in everything that you do... but without question, you belong in the spotlight!! #Instagram_Follow_Request_Sent

Last edited:
Hey Y'all
It's #Call_Me_Jamezy here!

This forum was sent to me by a friend and all I can say is WOW! I didn't realise I had a following either! I am very humbled and honoured to be part of your magical memories #SERIOUSLY!

It's always my goal to make sure everyone is having fun and try to get everyone involved. I am always my myself and I'm so happy that the majority of you have appreciated my personality and efforts to provide a genuine, entertainment experience that comes from my heart and not a 'forced' place.

Sadly, it is true I have left DCL!
I loved my time onboard but, after Five years of working Onboard I simply was not progressing.
My personality was not understood by everyone and those who felt the need to comment negatively on my hosting style ended up preventing my growth within the company. I was stepped down from the club host role and ultimately my choice was being stuck in the cruise staff position forever or venturing out to find something new.
In life I guess you gotta move up or move on so I have taken that quote quite #literally and accepted a position as a flight attendant on an airline.
It's something I have always wanted to try and maybe I will return to cruises in the future as I can't see myself staying out of entertainment for too long. But, for now I'm going to try this different adventure and hopefully continue to grow as a person and a professional.

The love from you all and your acceptance of my brand means more to me than you'll ever know.
I have made plans to cruise regularly as a guest so please still come and give me a 'Hey gurl hey' or a 'toodles y'all' If you ever see me on a ship again. I will always be a Disney boy at heart and I will always have time to stop and say hello to you.
You all made the experience just as magical for me.
Feel feee to follow me on instagram @call_me_jamezy if you would like to keep in touch.

Toodles y'all
~embrace what makes you different~ :-)
xoxo

So sad to hear of you leaving DCL Jamezy! I only had one chance to sail with you - the Dream at the end of January 2016 and you truly were one of the highlights of our cruise. I totally get why you felt the need to move along, I can't believe that anyone would write anything negative about you! Thanks for reaching out to us fans and letting us know about your change in career and hope to run into you again one day, until then... toodles! All the best in life!!

Jamezy, thanks for the fun cruise to Alaska May 30, 2016. My daughter and I loved having you and we went to trivia only because you were hosting it. You made the cruise so much more fun. I know you will progress somewhere else where you are appreciated. DCL has truly lost on this one.
We were on this sailing too and I enjoyed the many trivia sessions you hosted as well. Sorry to see you go!

I'll add my appreciation for Jamezy who hosted many events on our May 2016 Alaskan cruise.

As someone else mentioned, there were a lot of cast members on the cruise, but only one who we remember (for all good reasons) - Jamezy!

And, as an aside, Jamezy risked the ire of some of the passengers by selecting us (a same sex couple) for "Match your Mate" which we appreciated (and thoroughly enjoyed participating in).

P.S. We specifically named you in our comments card as a positive. It's a real shame that the positive comments you received didn't outweigh the negative.

Last edited:

Jamezy, you will be missed! We found you on our July 2016 Alaska cruise and we enjoyed many nights in the club and trivia sessions with you. You are #fabulous! We called you out in our comment card as one of the cast members who added magic to our cruise - I'm sorry that the leadership focuses more on the less-than-positive comments. You are truly one of a kind - NEVER CHANGE WHO YOU ARE - because you are an amazing entertainer.

Wow - I am so sad to hear that you have left DCL. You are my family's FAVORITE club host. You are the only "non-character" person I made sure to get my picture with. You were always so fun and engaging with everyone - always had us laughing. Even my husband, who is decidedly NOT a trivia nut, went to most of them because you were so much fun. It's very disappointing to hear what happened and that the "powers that be" didn't appreciate you as much as their customers did. I'm really just shocked this happened and I hope you keep us updated on your whereabouts. If you choose to go to another cruise line, we may even check it out because we know we will have fun if you are there. NEVER CHANGE - YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!

The reasons for your departure make me super sad. I always want to believe that Disney people are the best people, but the fact that you got those comments...ugh. It makes me sick in the pit of my stomach that we are still dealing with people in this world who can't accept people for WHO. THEY. ARE.

We enjoyed sailing with you last year. All the best on your journeys to come!

ITS JAMEZY!!!!!! We loved you!! You are our favorite host ever. We wrote to Disney on the survey sheet and a separate letter explaining how much you added to our cruise.

I am sorry you are leaving but agree you deserve the best. We hope to sail with you someday again!

I'll add my appreciation for Jamezy who hosted many events on our May 2016 Alaskan cruise.

As someone else mentioned, there were a lot of cast members on the cruise, but only one who we remember (for all good reasons) - Jamezy!

And, as an aside, Jamezy risked the ire of some of the passengers by selecting us (a same sex couple) for "Match your Mate" which we appreciated (and thoroughly enjoyed participating in).

P.S. We specifically named you in our comments card as a positive. It's a real shame that the positive comments you received didn't outweigh the negative.
Thank you so much :-)

Things are slowly progressing. When I was cruise staff in 2011/202 I had a same sex couple ask me if they were allowed to volunteer to be contestants for a Match Your Mate. I asked my assistant cruise director and he said tell them they can volunteer (so it looks like we are treating everyone fairly) but, tell the club host not to pick them in case it offends anyone!
It made me so upset and I vowed that when I became club host everyone would get treated equally and I wouldn't deny anyone the chance to participate. Now it's not so uncommon or a shock to have gay coupes on the gameshow so thank you for your participation. As I said things are moving forward slowly but I was getting tired of being told I had to 'cater towards the quiet religious family in the corner!'

Thank you for your kind words though it truly means a lot
Xx

Last edited:
The reasons for your departure make me super sad. I always want to believe that Disney people are the best people, but the fact that you got those comments...ugh. It makes me sick in the pit of my stomach that we are still dealing with people in this world who can't accept people for WHO. THEY. ARE.

We enjoyed sailing with you last year. All the best on your journeys to come!

I know it was really hard to take it all in. But, the world is slowly progressing and hopefully I've paved the way for some positive change/action to take place.
Thank you for your kind comments I wish you happy sailings and maybe we'll meet on the seas again :-) xx

Last edited:
Wow - I am so sad to hear that you have left DCL. You are my family's FAVORITE club host. You are the only "non-character" person I made sure to get my picture with. You were always so fun and engaging with everyone - always had us laughing. Even my husband, who is decidedly NOT a trivia nut, went to most of them because you were so much fun. It's very disappointing to hear what happened and that the "powers that be" didn't appreciate you as much as their customers did. I'm really just shocked this happened and I hope you keep us updated on your whereabouts. If you choose to go to another cruise line, we may even check it out because we know we will have fun if you are there. NEVER CHANGE - YOU ARE FABULOUS!!!

Thank you so much I do pride myself on being 'real' with people so I'm glad it showed. :-)
I won't change don't you worry ;-)
I've actually been offered a decent job package with Carnival and have accepted and waiting for a start date. I feel my brand will be appreciated and well utilised there so stay tuned ;-)

Thank you for your love and support :-)
Xoxi

waiting for a start date. I feel my brand will be appreciated and well utilised there so stay tuned ;-)

PLEASE keep us informed of where you will be in the future with Carnival. I am on the fence with a Carnival cruise being my next adventure and would love to sail with you since I never got the chance to sail with you on DCL.

So we just got off our Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise on the Symphony of the Seas (our first non-Disney cruise). When we boarded in Rome, the first person to greet us as we embarked, was none other then Jamezy! He was our favorite on DCCL, so we were quite suprised to see him on RCCL. He ran all the trivia sessions, and it was a pleasant suprise.

We have been on 4 DCL cruises and Jamezy was our favorite as well! Every time I hear someone say “Too much? Too soon?” It makes me think
of him. We wish you the best of luck in the future, Jamezy. I hope our paths cross again. You helped create some great family memories for us. ❤️

We just got off Symphony if the Seas for the New Years Cruise and we had the pleasure of having Jamezy as part of the entertainment staff and quite honestly he made our cruise. Head and shoulders above all the other entertainment team, witty, unique and genuine. He has cruise director written all over him and I can’t wait to see him again on another cruise. Too much, too soon?

You were so lucky.Jamesy was truly one of our all-time favorite cast members.Disney was foolish letting him go. I would love to cruise with him again but have vowed never to sail anything with "of the seas" in the name. I prefer my ships traditional without all the bells and whistles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter