JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cndncruiz said:
Hello,

We are going to stay at AKL Dec. 29, 30, 31st, Savannah View. I would like to surprise the family with a Sunrise Safari on the 31st so we need to be concierge. My TA suggested doing one night in Concierge but when she checked into it, they said we would need to check out and check back in. (which I have read about here and think is a bit of a hassle)

My question is... would it be worth it for us to stay Concierge (800.00 difference) for the 3 nights so that we could do the Sunrise Safari? Does AKL do anything special on New Years Eve that if staying in Concierge we would benefit from?

Is there anything special happening at the hotel, even if you are not concierge?

Just wondering... has ANYONE ever been at AKL at NYE? Is there anything special? :surfweb:

kimmar067 said:
...don't rush it, don't RU-U-U-U-U-SH it...half the fun is the excruciating pain and anticipation of waiting to GET there.....:hyper:

Well in that case........I am in MAJOR PAIN!! LOL

I do agree that half the fun has been planning. I am so glad I did not keep our stay at AKL a birthday surprise...Luvfigment has been having a blast planning our schedule!

Webbie said:
Well in that case........I am in MAJOR PAIN!! LOL

I do agree that half the fun has been planning. I am so glad I did not keep our stay at AKL a birthday surprise...Luvfigment has been having a blast planning our schedule!

.... :thumbsup2 ...BTW ~ are you arriving a day LATER??!??! :scratchin:

wendypooh said:
Hey, We are all sick with the flu over here........ :sick: I haven't had a chance to talk to them.... we are still trying to decide, all of our nights are spoken for with the dining plan......... but, we are thinking about adding a couple of days.......?? I guess then we'll decide :confused3

OMG ~~ I had NO idea we were at "days" now instead of months....... LOL (edited) Well, mine still shows months!!!! LOL

I'm trying to catch up too......... but, I'm feeling really lousy. I feel like I missed so much around here!!! Anyway, if I do talk to them I'll let you know!

:hug: Wendy I hope you guys start to feel better soon. I say go for a few extra nights if you can...I wish we could have had more days, but my sister only has one week she can use then.

cndncruiz said:
Just wondering... has ANYONE ever been at AKL at NYE? Is there anything special? :surfweb:

I have never stayed at AKL or any disney resort over New Years...I would imagine though that the Parks have extra special things going on...not to sure the resorts do anything special for New Years.

LAWalz23, we used ME. I can't remember exactly how long it took to get from AKL from the airport. I would say maybe 1.5 or so hours. We stopped at All-Stars before going to AKL, and I mean we stopped at every all-stars, Sports, Music and Movies.

When leaving, we checked our luggage in at the ME luggage check-in at AKL the morning we were leaving. They give you a pick-up time they put on your door the day before you leave. We went straight to the airport from AKL, the bus was full when we left so we didn't stop at any other resorts for pick-up. I think we checked it in about 4 hours before our flight time. You can check it in I think it was 3 - 12 hours before your flight.

:badpc: He-e-e-e-e-y!! What gives?? :scratchin: I lost my countdown thingie again..... :furious: !!

:wave: Hiya!

We are staying at AKL for DH's 35th bday in September. We are really excited...AKL is one resort we have wanted to try since our first trip. AND we get to try Boma, too. :woohoo:

Anyway, I want to do something for DH's bday. I am sending something from WDW florist to our room. I also know No balloons allowed. :teeth:

What I am wondering is.....does AKL in room dining do the tux strawberries or anything along those lines??? I would like to get something like that for him as well. I can't do a cake at Boma or our other dinners....DH would be mortified if they sang or made a huge deal...he has issues with people looking at him and it would not be a "nice" surprise. I cannot even get him to do the vet's flag ceremony at MK, and that is something that I know he would love to do, but he cannot get over the fact that he will be "watched." Men!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, if anyone knows if the AKL dining does any special desserts/cakes/ etc, please LMK. Or if you know how I can find out, I would appreciate it. :) I am thinking about doing the dinner on the balcony for 2 and would love to get something to go along with it.

Personally, I think a double order of zebra domes sounds good!! :thumbsup2

Okay here goes, I'm going to try to post a picture. I'll start with just one and then if this works I will post others from my recent trip.

113828P1010276-thumb.jpg

edited to say - okay the picture is there, but it is so small, I wonder what I'm doing wrong. :confused3 I guess I'll go read the tech board again.

Hi all -

Just booked us at AKL for 9/2 through 9/6 in a pool view room on the free dining offer. I have spent literally hours reading through many of the posts here and have gotten a ton of really great info - many thanks !

I did have a few questions I'm hoping you can advise me on:

I just requested non-smoking and a room with bunks ... should I add anything to that ?

Does the pool area have lots of shade ? I see some umbrellas in the photos, but not too many....do the trees provide the area with additional shade ?
Where would be a good spot to head to in the AM if we want shade ( I am pastey white and love my shade!)

Does the pool bar serve any food ?

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

kimmar067 said:
....Oooohhh, Wendy, feel BETTER....:hug: !

#1hockeymom Wendy said:
luvfigment said:
Wendy hope you are feeling better soon!

scoutsmom99 said:
:hug: Wendy I hope you guys start to feel better soon.

Thanks you guys!!!! :grouphug: DH just got back from the Dr. and got a shot!!! He's got ear infections in both ears and the flu....... DS has the flu with an ear infection in the left ear......... and me...... just the flu, at least as far as I know, I don't have time to get sick or go to the dr. LOL........ gotta take care of everyone/everything else.......... :rolleyes1 Seriously, though, I'm still feeling icky, but, at least I don't want to be in bed right now -- guess that's a positive. I'm glad this "hit" at the same time, we'll all get over it sooner and not have it drag out......... hopefully. Thanks for the get well's.......... you guys are great!!! One question though??? Has anyone ever had one eye just pour out tears??? My left eye is just running like a faucet........ I'm not crying, but I have tears just running out???? It's almost like only one side is "sick"........ does that make sense??? I feel bad all over, but like only the left side feels congested, runny, etc....????? it's really odd.

OK, I'm off to take some med. and try to get a little one to eat :crazy: .........

kimmar067 said:

No...we are getting there the same day but my tickers are counting funky and count a 1 day early so we really have 2 days until we go! Actually you can probably say 1.5 days by now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doing the Happy Dance. :dance3: Ok had to choose that smilie did anyone else notice that there are new ones?

Oh I read in my Allearsnet newsletter that word has it that they are going to start charging extra for bunk bed rooms at AKL and WL! Like $20-25 a night extra...don't know if anyone mentioned that yet but thought I'd share.

Ok y'all I am off to do some more laundry :laundy: and packing! Have a good night.

Wendy hope you guys start feeling better with the meds in your system!

Steph:

When we had dinner at Boma to celebrate my son's graduation, they gave hima board with truffles and cookies with "congratulations" spelled out in chocolate, along with a card. They did not sing or make a loud fuss. You could probably mention that you are doing a quiet celebration when you check in. I think I had mentioned it when I tried to increase our table size (no luck on that one).

tiggrbaby- Thanks. I will definitely see about getting something at Boma, and then just asking the hostess at check in if they could skip any fuss. :thumbsup2

wendy- Could you maybe have a sinus infection on the left??? The pressure might be causing that eye to water. I have sinus problems about 8 months a year and I know it gets mine watering. hope you all feel better soon!!

kimmar067 said:

LOL we have 2 different countdown tickers. We both laugh that I am behind in time. We both arrive within 20 minutes of each other on Saturday around 11-11:30. DH and I are flying in from Rhode Island and Luvfigment is coming from Maryland.

Tomorrow is PACK day!

haven't checked in - but we're back - we loved AKL and it was just as we left it. I wrote a review and posted pics in my trip report. Didn't see any DIS'ers....not sure if any saw us!!

wendypooh said:
Thanks you guys!!!! :grouphug: DH just got back from the Dr. and got a shot!!! He's got ear infections in both ears and the flu....... DS has the flu with an ear infection in the left ear......... and me...... just the flu, at least as far as I know, I don't have time to get sick or go to the dr. LOL........ gotta take care of everyone/everything else.......... :rolleyes1 Seriously, though, I'm still feeling icky, but, at least I don't want to be in bed right now -- guess that's a positive. I'm glad this "hit" at the same time, we'll all get over it sooner and not have it drag out......... hopefully. Thanks for the get well's.......... you guys are great!!! One question though??? Has anyone ever had one eye just pour out tears??? My left eye is just running like a faucet........ I'm not crying, but I have tears just running out???? It's almost like only one side is "sick"........ does that make sense??? I feel bad all over, but like only the left side feels congested, runny, etc....????? it's really odd.

OK, I'm off to take some med. and try to get a little one to eat :crazy: .........

I hope that your family is feeling better soon. I'm not sure about the sick eye, but it sure sounds like a sinus infection. I think it could affect your eye.

pixiesnake said:
Okay here goes, I'm going to try to post a picture. I'll start with just one and then if this works I will post others from my recent trip.

113828P1010276-thumb.jpg

edited to say - okay the picture is there, but it is so small, I wonder what I'm doing wrong. :confused3 I guess I'll go read the tech board again.

clapping.gif
Not bad for your first try! Keep the pix coming..... :thumbsup2 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter