JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starrin said:
Waking up very early and will be checking into AKL tomorrow - first time stay ... savannah. Very Excited :cool1:

....Hmmmm:scratchin:, wonder what Starrin's doin' RIGHT NOW!!!

TheShellys said:
....I'm already too excited to sleep :cool1:

Dave

...you sound like that kid on the Disney commercial: "I'm too ec-thi-ted ta thleep!".... :teeth:

SeaSpray said:
Hello to the AKL fans... :wave2: 41 days until our first stay there!!! :sunny: paw: Can't wait!! :hourglass

...sooo, have you made any specific plans for AKL??? :rolleyes:

kimmar067 said:
...sooo, have you made any specific plans for AKL??? :rolleyes:

Specific plans? Yes! :thumbsup2 We'll be arriving at MCO around 2pm on our first day. We plan on checking into the Lodge, looking around a bit, then heading over to AK for late afternoon-early evening. Then we'll be having dinner at Jiko that night at 8:30pm. The next evening we'll be having dinner at Boma, and we also have a breakfast ADR for Boma for one morning. I want to try all of the restaurant options at the Lodge while we're staying there :sunny: There are a few mornings that we don't have ADRs for specific restaurants so we'll probably just grab something from Mara on those mornings, and I also planning on having a quick lunch there on our last afternoon.

I want to take the time and check out the pool at least once or twice (DH isn't a big water person, but I am), and I want to check out the night-vision goggles. The Culinary tour sounds great, but we'll have to see if we can time that right, once we're there.

P.S. We're still undecided as to where we'll be staying following our cruise in August, so I think when we're at AKL next month, I'll ask to check out the deluxe rooms so we can make a better decision. Also, we're going to let DSs have a say as to where we stay in August since they'll be with us on that trip. So far, they're leaning towards Port Orleans since they know they can take the boat to DTD/DisneyQuest. :boat: lol

Terry ~

So far, your plans sound great to me...kin ah join ya's... :teeth: ??!?!?!?

WOOHOO!!!! :Pinkbounc :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :bounce: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc ....booked AKL this morning for 6 days/5 nites for 4 persons with 5-day PHP AND FREE dining with tax and insurance for $2,284....doin' the HAPPY DANCE!!! :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :banana: :cheer2: :bounce: :yay: :cool1: But, WAIT, it gets better: we have almost 1,300 Disney points accumulated, so, basically, it'll cost us $900 smackeroos to be at WDW for almost a week.....Now I just gotta figured out HOW to tell my DH....:scratchin

KIMMAR

I'm doing the happy dance for you that is so awesome!!! Good luck telling your DH. Looks like I might end up at CBR for free dining, but I'm hoping to be back at AKL at the end of September for a solo trip if AP rates come out :sunny:

party: party: party: party: party: party:
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

scoutsmom99 said:
KIMMAR

I'm doing the happy dance for you that is so awesome!!! Good luck telling your DH. Looks like I might end up at CBR for free dining, but I'm hoping to be back at AKL at the end of September for a solo trip if AP rates come out :sunny:

party: party: party: party: party: party:
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:
....dancing right along WITH ya....party: party: party: Actually, since we have all those points (MORE by the time August rolls around!) I could mebbe convince him to stay at a Mod [ which I know he won't want to do...he's JUST as spoiled by Dlx's as me! :teeth: ], which will be even MORE economical!

kimmar067 said:
....dancing right along WITH ya....party: party: party: Actually, since we have all those points (MORE by the time August rolls around!) I could mebbe convince him to stay at a Mod [ which I know he won't want to do...he's JUST as spoiled by Dlx's as me! :teeth: ], which will be even MORE economical!

Kimmar I just got off the phone with my sister and apparently she really wants to stay at AKL again so she can eat at Boma's and have drinks at Victoria Falls like we did on our last trip. I'm so excited I think we might end up there if the price difference isn't too huge for her :teeth:

scoutsmom99 said:
Kimmar I just got off the phone with my sister and apparently she really wants to stay at AKL again so she can eat at Boma's and have drinks at Victoria Falls like we did on our last trip....
....:hyper:

scoutsmom99 said:
... I'm so excited I think we might end up there if the price difference isn't too huge for her :teeth:

...kewl! :thumbsup2

Just have to share my excitement with those that understand :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1:
My travel vouchers arrived today from my TA and I am all set to go but packing. Only 27 days since I am not counting today :rotfl2:

padisneylover said:
Just have to share my excitement with those that understand :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :banana: :banana: :cool1: :cool1:
My travel vouchers arrived today from my TA and I am all set to go but packing. Only 27 days since I am not counting today :rotfl2:

Thats great Padisneylover! :) :thumbsup2 :wizard:

padisneylover said:

.... :cool1: woohoo :banana: .....

Hello everyone or should I say JAMBO :wave: Started reading this thread yesterday & just finished, whew! Great thread btw :thumbsup2 I even seen one of my pictures posted here :goodvibes

In Jan. I was blessed with a free trip to the world compliments of my mil. Our last night we stayed at AKL & I feel in love with the resort. I did not think another trip was going to be possible this year, but with the free dining I could not resist. So I have booked AKL Sept. 30th - Oct. 6th :Pinkbounc I told my 2 ds(12 & 9) that we will be staying at Pop Century, so this will be a surprise for them. I know they will love it!

In Jan. for our one night we were upgrade to a savanna view, I do believe in the Zebra trail, 2cd floor. It was awesome! We had planned on spending our last night at Epcot, but once we walked into our rooms(bil & his family were with us)that was it, we did not leave. Sitting on the balcony watching the animals was so exhilerating to me, I did not want to leave lol

We looked around the resort & were in awe with the decor & snapped lots of pictures! We had dinner at Bomas & I must confess, deserts were the hightlight for me :p The zebra domes are very good, but my favorite were those little bite size lemon meringue pies. Oh I ate way to many of those lol Dsil & I relaxed in the hot tub & enjoyed a drink. I tell ya this was a perfect ending to a wonderful vacation with my inlaws.

So I am now looking forward to a longer stay & getting to share this wonderful resort with my 2 ds :love: Here are some pictures from our stay, enjoy!

100_1119.jpg

100_1090.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1103.jpg

This was taken from our balcony :)

I can hardly wait for our first trip to AKL at the end of June. We had originally booked for six of us, each of our DD's was to bring a friend. I am fortunate enough to have some points that I was able to use to book the entire trip. yes!! 9 nights AKL, full hopper/waterpark passes...all FREE!!!
Unfortunately, one of the invited guests is no longer going to be joining us, and my travel agent is telling me no substitutions, has anybody ever arrived at the resort, and wanted to substitute a name of one of their guests? These are children, not adults, and I am looking to put a different name on the KTTW...is this not an easy switch at the front desk? Or would I be able to call AKL directly once they have our reservation? (According to my TA the package was purchased through a wholesaler here in Canada, and the actual names won't be supplied to AKL until about three weeks prior to our arrival). Has anyone run across a situation like this before? For the life of me I cannot see how it should be an issue to change a name, they are still getting the same amount of guests? Any advice would be helpful....
Thanks

This is how my free trip came about In Jan. Mil's dh decided he did not want to go & everything was already paid for. We had no problems chaning the name on the ressies & we stayed at 3 different resorts. I am sure you can get this worked out :wizard:

stephwynn said:
Unfortunately, one of the invited guests is no longer going to be joining us, and my travel agent is telling me no substitutions, has anybody ever arrived at the resort, and wanted to substitute a name of one of their guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter