JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a map of the resort? trying to figure out where I want to request my room.

thanks Christine

:wave2: Bye to my new AKL pals! We are off to the airport in a couple hours:car: ! I hope everyone has a great week while I am gone. I can't wait to share my experience when I am home. You know I will be thinking about my fellow disers while I am there ! It’s only two nights:guilty: at AKL but I can’t wait to have a new WDW experience:wizard: .
See ya :mickeyjum !
Debbie

Wow! What a great thread! I have to admit that I have been sitting here reading only this thread for TWO HOURS and I still skipped about 400 pages. I am a confirmed Disney freak who is married to someone who is lukewarm about everything Disney. :confused:

I booked a pool-view at AKL (first time there) and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas how to make this trip more memorable? My mission is to make my DH fall in love with Disney (almost!) as much as I do. I have read that some were thinking of booking concierge for a few days...did that work out for you? And I made my reservations online -- I don't remember any area for special requests (like upper floor, near the lobby, etc). Can anyone give a DISboard newbie some advice? Thanks in advance.

:tinker: (me) :goofy: (DH) :simba: (DS 12)

Is there a list anywhere that lists the different animals on the different Savannah's? I, personally, want to see Giraffe's and Zebra's from our balcony and from what I can tell, my best bet is an Arusha Savannah view? I'll certainly request it. Are they pretty good about granting those types of reqests? NOw, hopefully I'll be able to get an Arusha Savannah view FAR away from construction. I guess we'll see how it goes.

DD & I are doing a Mom & Me trip in November - right before Thanksgiving! I originally booked us at Pop Century, but as I surprise I booked us a Pool View Bunk Bed room at AKL!!!! She will be so excited! I haven't said anything to her yet - I think I'll wait til Magic Express bus drops us off at the hotel!!!!

She's been begging for bunk beds at home, so I thought she'd enjoy the bunks!

After seeing all these gorgeous pictures, I'm thinking about switching to savannah view! I hope the weather is good when we're there! I want to sit out on my balcony every day and just relax......

What a great surprise! I wish I could surprise my family with things like that but I just get so excited that I can't keep it a secret. I hope you enjoy your trip. What a special thing to do, a mother/daughter trip. It will be something special you will always remember. Take lots of pictures.

THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURES!!!! They were great...I guess you really loved the resort since now you are DVC owner's CONGRATS!!!!!!!

BTW what floor were you on?

We were on the second floor on the Zebra Trail. Room 2437. It was a perfect room. Being on the second floor, we were the first set of rooms off the ground on the Savannah (nobody below us). Which gave us a great view. We saw so many little rabbits hopping around. Several of the animals came right up to the dirt road type area just below the balcony. We were on the end so we were able to see a lot from our balcony because there was a privacy type thing on only one side of us. We were right by the elevator so a short ride down to the first floor and out the door and we were right by the Mara. It was a very convenient location.

Is there a list anywhere that lists the different animals on the different Savannah's? I, personally, want to see Giraffe's and Zebra's from our balcony and from what I can tell, my best bet is an Arusha Savannah view? I'll certainly request it. Are they pretty good about granting those types of reqests? NOw, hopefully I'll be able to get an Arusha Savannah view FAR away from construction. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I just got back from 5 days at the AKL (left yesterday.) We were on the lobby end (3rd room off the lobby) of the Zebra trail and saw a ton of different animals. Zebras, giraffes, kudus, bongos, gazelles, etc. We were originally assigned to the absolute end of the Kudu trail and our so called "savannah view" had about 20 feet of grass and then the construction zone, so we asked to be moved. If we had been even one more room toward the lobby we would have asked to move again, as I think the overlook trail would have blocked us significantly, but as it was we were VERY pleased.

Thank you for the pictures. They are only making me more excited about our trip - only 7 months to go..... We are doing a surprise trip for the kids with a cruise, then 5 days at POFQ and because we were able to add a few more days which we did not expect, finish with a bang with 4 days (3 nights) at AKL.

Hogue123,

Thanks a lot for the photos. I'm dying to get there. But only 33 more days!!!:banana:

Thanks

Hogue123 - Thanks for the pictures! Its making me even more excited!

My DD is 10 - and is excited about our Mom & Me trip! I usually can't keep a secret either, so I'm hoping in the next 5 months I can keep my mouth shut! I can't wait to see the look on her face when she finds out we are actually staying at AKL, and then when she sees the bunk beds in the room!

That'll be so much fun! But I really do think we'd like to have the savannah view....guess I'll have to make another change!!!!!

Hogue123 - Thanks for the pictures! Its making me even more excited!

My DD is 10 - and is excited about our Mom & Me trip! I usually can't keep a secret either, so I'm hoping in the next 5 months I can keep my mouth shut! I can't wait to see the look on her face when she finds out we are actually staying at AKL, and then when she sees the bunk beds in the room!

That'll be so much fun! But I really do think we'd like to have the savannah view....guess I'll have to make another change!!!!!

We're doing the same thing (except not the mother/daughter part :goodvibes ) We've booked a comletely surprise trip for the boys in September--Savanna View, Bunk Beds. The boys are going to be so excited--they will be 8 & 4 when we go. My plan is to not tell them until we get in the car to go---I just hope I can hold out that long!!

We're doing the same thing (except not the mother/daughter part :goodvibes ) We've booked a comletely surprise trip for the boys in September--Savanna View, Bunk Beds. The boys are going to be so excited--they will be 8 & 4 when we go. My plan is to not tell them until we get in the car to go---I just hope I can hold out that long!!

I would love to do a mother/daughter trip but like you, I only have BOYS. Sounds like you have a great trip planned! I wish you luck on keeping everything a secret until you get in the car. I would love to see a picture of their faces when you tell them. Bet it would be precious.

Just wanted to update you all with a live report! We're on the Giraffe Trail, pool view. It's a nice location and not very far to walk ANYwhere. We can't hear or see any type of construction whatsoever.

For as much as I love this resort, I've become a bit disillusioned with it and I'm ready for a change. :( They tore down my favorite tree by the pool and put up these ugly pool lights (I'll take pics tomorrow). See the big tree at the very right of my sig pic? That one. :( :( :(

They also quit making my favorite drink at Uzima Springs, the nyami nyami. I've been dreaming of that drink for a year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to be here, but it's just lost its luster a little bit.

Just wanted to update you all with a live report! We're on the Giraffe Trail, pool view. It's a nice location and not very far to walk ANYwhere. We can't hear or see any type of construction whatsoever.

For as much as I love this resort, I've become a bit disillusioned with it and I'm ready for a change. :( They tore down my favorite tree by the pool and put up these ugly pool lights (I'll take pics tomorrow). See the big tree at the very right of my sig pic? That one. :( :( :(

They also quit making my favorite drink at Uzima Springs, the nyami nyami. I've been dreaming of that drink for a year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy to be here, but it's just lost its luster a little bit.

I'm sorry about the let downs. :( I understand though. How long are you there for? :tinker: here's wishing you a new favorite drink and a great time! ;)

Thanks for the report Mushy I'm interested to see your pic of the pool area as one thing I like about the pool area is all of the trees and foilage in the area.

For Giraffes and Zebras you will want the Arusha Savannah as the other two don't have Zebras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter