Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Do they have luggage carts at AKL to use when we check in? Thank you!
Even better - they have Bell Services to assist with luggage. If your room is ready when you arrive, they’ll follow you up with it, and if your room isn’t ready they’ll store it and bring it up when you call them after you’re there. Tips are expected, of course.

Reports are mixed as to whether they’ll let you take a cart yourself, but I wouldn’t expect to get one.

We are renting a 2BR Villa at Kidani Village. There will be 6 adults staying in the unit for the week. Will there be enough supplies in the unit for 6 people (coffee, filters, towels, paper towels, tp, laundry supplies, dishwasher detergent, etc)? Can you request trash and towel service? Is the room serviced after night 3 or 4?

Thank you in advance.

Hi all,

I’m less than two weeks out now from my stay at AKL. I have a standard (resort) king room booked. Do you think it’s time for me to call in my request yet? And what should I request?

Thank you as always!

I asked for partial view on lobby level. It was granted and a perfect location with view of animals!

How did you make your request? Also silly question, but does lobby level mean ground level? Like you don’t have an actual balcony, but rather it’s ground level?

Thank you!

We are renting a 2BR Villa at Kidani Village. There will be 6 adults staying in the unit for the week. Will there be enough supplies in the unit for 6 people (coffee, filters, towels, paper towels, tp, laundry supplies, dishwasher detergent, etc)? Can you request trash and towel service? Is the room serviced after night 3 or 4?

Thank you in advance.
If you are renting, a room request needs to be made by the owner contacting DVC Member Services. You cannot contact Member Services. One alternative is to pay Touring Plans for a subscription and have them make the request.

When Disney started doing daily room checks, they tried to spin it as a dvc perk by calling it daily trash pickup.

You can request coffee supplies and towels from housekeeping. Also paper towels, toilet paper, dishwasher pods. Not sure about laundry detergent.

The cleaning schedule depends on how long your stay is.

If you are renting, a room request needs to be made by the owner contacting DVC Member Services. You cannot contact Member Services. One alternative is to pay Touring Plans for a subscription and have them make the request.

When Disney started doing daily room checks, they tried to spin it as a dvc perk by calling it daily trash pickup.

You can request coffee supplies and towels from housekeeping. Also paper towels, toilet paper, dishwasher pods. Not sure about laundry detergent.

The cleaning schedule depends on how long your stay is.
Just to clarify, do they pick up trash every day?

Just to clarify, do they pick up trash every day?
They're supposed to pick up the trash every day in dvc rooms paid for with points, but sometimes they miss it. There should be a trash room on your floor if you have garbage that you want out of your villa. You can put the tradh in there yourself.

So I put in my request today! Lobby level partial view. The CM I spoke too told me she has never stayed at AKL, but she’s visited and she said they usually good at handling requests.

Has anyone on here used touring plans to make a request? I'm feeling a bit weird about it and am wondering if it would be better to do it myself?

Has anyone on here used touring plans to make a request? I'm feeling a bit weird about it and am wondering if it would be better to do it myself?

Using touring plan to make room request is perfectly fine. I have been lucky in getting the room I requested most of the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter