Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

With a pool view room, the website gives a description of sleeping options that include the following: 2 Queen Beds, 1 King Bed, or 1 King Bed and Day Bed. In the rooms with 1 king bed and day bed, does the day bed sleep one person? I am looking at a pool view room for 4 adults (myself, husband, 20-year-old daughter, and daughter's friend from college). We want a room with 2 queen beds and are wondering if that is the type of room we would be placed in since there are 4 in our party or if there would be a chance we would be placed in a room with 1 king bed and day bed.

What I wouldn't give to, today, be at the pool bar, in the hot sun, sipping a fruity something, watching my kids splash.
This! This is my fave part of WDW vacation, especially after hitting the parks pretty heavily for the first few days. Once my kids are ready to chill at the pool, I am always happy to oblige.

Hey all! So I am planning my Honeymoon for October 2018 at AKL! We are so excited and my fiance is insisting on a savannah view room. (he proposed to me in front of the castle, so this man gets whatever he requests :)) He has only been to MK once, and has not seen any of the other parks so we are making this trip a long and special one! My question is..is there such thing as a King bed savannah view? And how would I go about requesting this? Unless that is just one of the room categories that I can book once our package dates open up?

Side note, we are arriving September 30th 2018 so I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else that I can cross that Free Dining will extend all the way through September again! Our trip is not contingent on free dining but it sure would be nice :rolleyes1

We have a AKL CL stay planned for 10/9-10/14. This our 1st onsite stay and I am super excited! Thanks for all of the wonderful tips on this thread!

January

Monacoplc, Dec 23rd - 10th, AKL

Nayoung, Dec 30th - 10th, AKL

Momof2gr8kids, 1st - 7th, Jambo House

Parismeow, 4th - 18th, AKL

Trishadono, 15th - 20th, AKL CL

Archdandy, 17th - 27th, kidani

Kamerino, 19th - 23rd, AKL

Volne, 21st - 25th, AKL

Hockeybabe, 22nd - 24th, Kidani

Texans_loyal, 22nd - 25th, AKL

MKEgramma, 22nd - 29th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 28th - 30th, AKL

10MoreMinutes, 30th - 31st, ASM

Maranara, 29th - Feb 5th, AKL

You can add me to the October list: 10/9-10/14 AKL CL Thanks

I have a 6:40 Boma reservation on the same night as a 8pm Headless Horseman movie thing at Fort Wilderness campsites. Is this doable?

If budget was an issue, would you rather spend a week at AKL in a standard view, or do a split stay with another hotel and a savannah view?

Hi disneybeautyfnp, I think it would be quite challenging. Even if you got seated on time I couldn't see you finishing at Boma much before 8:00. Then transport to the Fort could be tricky unless you have your own car or are planning to use Uber? Maybe you could move your dinner reservation back until 5 pm or so?

If budget was an issue, would you rather spend a week at AKL in a standard view, or do a split stay with another hotel and a savannah view?

We were having the same dilema and ultimately decided packing up 4 people in the middle of a trip and changing hotels wasn't worth it so we did full trip in a standard view room. Some people swear by split stays though so really just depends on how big of a hassle you think it will be for you.

I would do standard view. Like PP said, there are so many ways to see animals and you're not even guaranteed to see them from a savannah view room. AKL is just so beautiful I would hate to leave it! (Which is exactly what we had to do our last trip thanks to snow at home!)

Does anyone have thoughts on when Christmas decorations generally go up at AKL Jambo? We'll be there mid-November (before Thanksgiving), and while I'm game to see Christmas decor, it's our first time there and I'd love to see its "normal" appearance without the holiday garb!

I have a 6:40 Boma reservation on the same night as a 8pm Headless Horseman movie thing at Fort Wilderness campsites. Is this doable?
No. Check in for HH is 15 minutes prior, so this gives you an hour to eat and get yourself to FW. Even with your own car, you'd never make it (and a car may be worse than bus to MK / boat to FW as you'd still need to take the internal resort bus to the settlement area at FW). Either try for an earlier dinner (around 5) or do the 10 o'clock HH event.

Does anyone have thoughts on when Christmas decorations generally go up at AKL Jambo? We'll be there mid-November (before Thanksgiving), and while I'm game to see Christmas decor, it's our first time there and I'd love to see its "normal" appearance without the holiday garb!
Deluxe resorts go into a lottery for the order of their holiday decorations, but all will be done by thanksgiving. So it's 50/50 what you'll get mid-November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter