Jambo pool closed

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire
Just an FYI for those planning a stay at AKL the pool at Jambo house is closed for referb right now.

It sounds like the refurb is taking longer than they expected. We just got back on Sunday and the info in our room said it would reopen at the end of January. Did they give a new estimate for the completion date?

The DVC News is reporting a later date.

Uzima refurb extended BY TIM KRASNIEWSKI FEB 1, 2010

The Uzima Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House was expected to re-open on January 30, 2010 following a month-long refurbishment. However, the pool remains closed due to delays experienced during the refurb.

It is currently estimated that the Uzima Pool will re-open on Tuesday, February 16, 2010. This date is also subject to change.

It looks like they finished cleaning/painting it yesterday and today they started to refill it. But the estimate we got when we checked in last Saturday was Feb 15th.

-Wayne

It looks like they finished cleaning/painting it yesterday and today they started to refill it. But the estimate we got when we checked in last Saturday was Feb 15th.

-Wayne

I hope this means they are ahead of the Feb 15th schedule we arrive on the 10th! We are staying 10 days and have quite a few nonpark days planned and are hoping to enjoy the pool.

I hope this means they are ahead of the Feb 15th schedule we arrive on the 10th! We are staying 10 days and have quite a few nonpark days planned and are hoping to enjoy the pool.
When we were there last week, in addition to the regular Disney buses that go between Jambo and Kidani, they were running a van between the two buildings for Jambo guests who wanted to use the Kidani pool. So if the Jambo pool is still closed when you get there and you don't want to walk to the Kidani pool, ask about the shuttle van.

I noticed that with the SSR HRS refurb, they painted over the brown bottom and made it blue. Does anyone know if the Uzima pool will now be blue also. Part of the theming was for it to look like a natural body of water, but maybe safety concerns prevailed.

I noticed that with the SSR HRS refurb, they painted over the brown bottom and made it blue. Does anyone know if the Uzima pool will now be blue also. Part of the theming was for it to look like a natural body of water, but maybe safety concerns prevailed.

That brown bottom freaked out DH. He thought it was the water color. I thought it looked cool and more natural. Hope they kept it the way it was!

Is it warm enough for shorts? - the weather says it's 60 and will be. We're flying down on Wednesday and are hoping for nice weather - not too hot - but hopefully warm enough for shorts in the daytime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter