Jambo House or Kidani Village which One?

Jambo House or Kidani Village which one would you stay at:

• Jambo House

• Kidani Village

• Either - Both are great places to stay

Results are only viewable after voting.

DVC_Smiles

Earning My Ears
As a DVC'er I have been to all resports. I have not stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. Where would you stay Jambo House or Kidani Village?:banana:
And why?:rolleyes1

We loved Kidani Village. We did not stay at Jambo, but we went over there. There are pros and cons of each. At Kidani, all rooms are villas and were built that way. The villas at Jambo were retro fitted so may not be as big as Kidani. Also, I like the bathroom setup better at Kidani (because it wasn't retro-fitted). Also, at Kidani you can get a lower floor - which I think is better so you can see the whole Savannah. If you're on a higher floor (which all the villas at Jambo are 5th and 6th floor - I think), you can see only the savannah in front of you. The trees will block your view from seeing all the way down. Jambo definately has it's own benefits - but I think, for us, Kidani's benefits are better than Jambo's. Again, it's just our preference...:hug:

It really depends on what you like (obviously). I like Kidani better because of the better rooms (2 bathrooms in a 1BR, 3 in a 2BR), the busses pick up and drop off there first, and the quieter feeling. But of course there are cons: smaller pool, no counter service, smaller lobby and store. None of those things matter to me though, maybe they do to you.

I stayed at Kidani over Christmas 2009 and plan to return for Thanksgiving 2010. I love the smaller more intimate feel of the lobby and common areas. I LOVE the pool area and being that both Jambo and Kidani are the Animal Kingdom resort- you can use all the amenities of both! Plus Kidani's additional bath (2 in 1 bedroom, 3 in 2 bedroom) can't be beat when traveling with a group!

If staying in a studio I would pick Jambo House. The room size is about the same as in Kidani but I prefer the bathroom layout of the Jambo studios. Also, with just the kitchenette, I would probably eat breakfast out more often so I would find Jambo more convenient since it has two breakfast options (Boma and The Mara) and Kidani has none.

If staying in a 1BR I would pick Kidani for it's larger living room and larger bathroom with the separate tub and shower stall in the master bath.

For animal viewing I prefer to be on a lower floor so in general I would prefer Kidani over Jambo since the DVC rooms in Jambo are on the 5th and 6th floors. Also since the buses stop at Kidani first, you are pretty much guaranteed a seat on the way to the parks if you board at Kidani. You might have to stand if you board at Jambo House.

We liked Jambo for all the restaurant choices and the kids club. Much more lively feel to the place as well.

Just got back from Kidani - wished I would have stayed at Jambo House.

If you like small lobbies and limited service, a more quiet environment, go with Kidani. If you want the impressive Disney Lobby, full size gift store, more dining options, including QS, go with Jambo.

Stayed at Jambo last year and Kidani in January. I personally prefer Kidani. I like the low-key quiet feeling. It's just as equally beautiful as Jambo. Not having the quick service was not a huge lose. Jambo is just a quick bus drive away. It was about a 10 minute walk back to Kidani from Jambo which wasn't a big deal since I was traveling with 3 other adults. Having children and walking back could definitely be an issue. I did enjoy the view of the savanna more. Being on a lower floor allowed the view to be more widespread. Being the first stop for buses was also an added plus but not a deciding factor. You can't go wrong with either portion of AKL.

I've stayed at both and give the edge to Kidani. I had a rental car and the parking is more convenient. I liked being on the lower floor. The only downside was that counter service was not in the building.

Love, love, love Jambo House. Kidani not so much. Love the grandness of Jambo House. Love the close proximity to my favorite restaurants. Love the outdoor fire pit. Whenever I return, it will definately be Jambo House.

I've stayed at both, and have reasons to book both again. Value rooms are only at Jambo, and they are great, no matter what size if you're staying over a weekend. I prefer the studios at Jambo, so if a studio, it will always be there.

For mostly weekday stays in larger than a studio, I pick Kidani because of the extra bathroom.

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter