• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JAMBO Everybody...An August 2011 TR (Completed May 13)

I sooo almost bought that suitcase. I think I would have if I had been with my daughter but as it was I with my DS(9) and he was not letting me have any part of it. I believe his words were...

"No way you're putting my clothes or making me carry that around it public".

Like I was going to share it anyhow.

But now that I'm thinking about. What a fitting punishment it would be. I could buy the carry on and then I could threaten him with replacing his school backpack with it. Can you imagine the horror he would go through? Maybe I should just order one right now.

Hi Queen!
Excellent TR, just read through all 45 pages! It was a great distraction from tonight's game! I know it's the Bruins, but it started so promising!!:confused3

Loved all your pictures! Especially the ones of AK! We had to miss that park due to torrential downpours during our March trip. We have plans to go back August 2013 as well. I already had to start my ticker! We only went for 7 days during spring break and WDW feels so unfinished to us...we have to go back but 14 days will be the way to go!

A few funny coincidences as I was reading...

-Another Winnipegger here with upgrade pixie dust! We book the CR with the MK view and were luckily upgraded to a MK view club level suite! We couldn't believe it! Being our first WDW trip...we're spoiled now! :thumbsup2

-As I was reading your TR, DS peered over my shoulder and was reading along....turns out he goes to school with your niece!

-My brother also gave DS tickets to the same Jets game you received. Unfortunately I won't be going yet...it would mean more to DH to see a Jets game. I can only hope to win the lottery draw to buy tickets or win from the draws at work.

Where did you go to cash in your gold? That's something I've thinking of doing...but not sure of really sure where somewhere reputable would be? (I also don't know if some of my pieces are just gold plated....I would be so embarrassed for the guy to look up at me and say...uh your stuff is no good here!!!)

Can't wait to continue reading!

2 for $59...please tell me you bought some!!!!
Nah... quite frankly we didn't buy any liquor. Drank quite a bit, mind you, but didn't buy any to bring home. Next time, however....... I'll let you know when we're going so you can get your order in. :thumbsup2

Furniture pics are loaded and will be up as soon as I finish replying to all my pals! Congrats too...I know I said it on FB, but I am so proud of you, you can't even imagine! The fact that you lost what 130 pounds this year (is that number correct, I think close) you are an inspiration to me! I was thinking of you this morning as I was hauling my butt around the track but I am back to it and plan on succeeding this year come %^&& of high water!!
Thanks!!!! Yes, it's 130. I still have 10 that I want to lose. I know my sister's gonna freak out. She thinks I'm becoming anorexic or something -- which is kind of funny considering how much I LOVE to eat, there's just no way that'll ever happen. But that's just something she'll have to deal with.

And you know you can do it! I know you can do it!!! You? Puhleeze.. you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Hey... how about this.... let's consider doing the marathon together in 2013. We could do the Wine and Dine! I'm considering doing the half Wine & Dine this fall. Not quite sure I can get through it but have almost talked King Charming into having the family at the finish line and then enjoying the rest of the evening in Epcot. That could be so much fun! But we should consider the 2013.... think of what a motivational boost it would give you -- you'd be running to see Mickey!

Here is the long awaited furniture picture update:rotfl2: And since I made you wait so long I thought I would throw in a couple of other pictures too!
Woot woot!!!!!!!!! Love the ornaments! And the pic of young Jas!!! All of the pictures were wonderful and the furniture looks fantastic!!!!!!

But now that I'm thinking about. What a fitting punishment it would be. I could buy the carry on and then I could threaten him with replacing his school backpack with it. Can you imagine the horror he would go through? Maybe I should just order one right now.
Oh I do love the way you think!!! Sounds reasonable to me! Punishment isn't supposed to be something that the child is okay with, right?

Okay... off I go to the gym. Hoping to actually make it on time today. We'll see...... :surfweb:

-As I was reading your TR, DS peered over my shoulder and was reading along....turns out he goes to school with your niece!

!

Hi and welcome to our Disney exploits! So who did your DS recognize, mini Montana or SnowWhite??

Go Jets Go!!

Hi and welcome to our Disney exploits! So who did your DS recognize, mini Montana or SnowWhite??

Go Jets Go!!

Snow White! He's a year younger but apparently they were in the before and after school program together in elementary school. The both of them were often the last two standing in the Connect 4 tournaments!
...it's a small world after all!
(sorry couldn't resist!...gosh, I hope DS has got it right!)

In thinking about an August trip...I was kind of worried about the heat and humidity...but it looks like you all handled it well!
DH is also worried about hurricanes at that time...I hope your TR won't back his case!

Ugh I am behind school and work tend to take away from my DIS time :sad2:

I love the Mike ornament! I think we will have to look for one of those when we are there next month!

I love your new luggage!

Love the new furniture!

I am glad you all had such a wonderful holiday :hug:

In thinking about an August trip...I was kind of worried about the heat and humidity...but it looks like you all handled it well!
DH is also worried about hurricanes at that time...I hope your TR won't back his case!

WE have gone 4 times in August and never had to really worry about a hurricane. This past August was the closest call we had but in the end, we didn't need to worry aobut it at all.

It is hot and humid but you will get that in many months in Florida. Overall we love going at that time of the year.

I just recently found your trip reports, and am loving them. Cant wait to hear more about your trip. :banana:

I LOVE the new furniture!! I especially LOVE the artwork of paris/new york!!
I can't have enough paris things since I love paris so much!!

I love the throw blanket on the couch and all your disney ornaments on the tree!!
I have a number of Disney ornaments too!! :thumbsup2

The room looks so cozy!!
I know exactly what you mean about making a decision on a big purchase and knowing you have to live with it for the next 10 years! My kids tease me about that too!! But easy for them, when they are not the ones paying!! :lmao:

Thanks for all the photos!!

I'm off to the airport to pick up DD coming home from Copenhagen now!! :goodvibes

Debbie

p.s. also.... Canadian Tire has really nice dark brown leather parsons chairs on sale this week for $48.00. I bought one to put at my front door. They are really nice quality. Maybe something like that would be nice in that corner when you take your tree down and the dark brown leather will match the rest of the furniture!! Check them out anyway!!

Thanks Debbie, picked up those two pieces at Homesense on Kenaston....check out Winners if you love Paris stuff, Jasmine said they just got a bunch of new stuff!

I hope your daughter had a great time in Copenhagen, you'll have to fill me in next month when we meet!! Jasmine will be there too and hopefully Jeff! Thanks for the tip on the parsons chairs!

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday!! Jealous of your little bit of snow-- we've had nothing since our crazy Halloween storm!
The furniture is great-- looks very comfortable. LOVE the Hey's luggage! I imagine that'll make some ME baggage collectors smile!!

We sure did hon and hope you did too! Compared to what we normally have we have next to nothing also....however, I didn't appreciate going out this morning in -37 to warm up the car....darn wind chill!

The furniture is sooooo comfy....Jasmine and I tried out every single couch when we were shopping! I love the luggage too!! Now I know the reason the other Hey's luggage didn't work for me :cool1:

Your furniture is really nice! See what happens when your turn gold into cash! :laughing:

I love your suitcase. I had no idea that's what you had ordered. How sweet of Jasmine to get it for you.

I love the pictures of you and the girls! They are lovely!

Hey girl!!

Yes...gold for cash is a beautiful thing....I found an old jewellery box when cleaning out some boxes from our last move and there's more inside....so I'll let you know how that goes!

When I ordered the original luggage from the shopping channel it was actually pink with white polka dots (reminded me of Minnie) but when I saw this one, I just about flipped!

Aww thanks:hug:

Great update Queen!! Too funny your picture with the Jets tickets! That is how we felt when we found out our beloved team was returning to Winnipeg!! We were lucky enough to split 2 seats with 3 other couples so fortunately we have tickets to 11 games - however after the kids each got their hands on a couple, and good friends begged for a game, we were not left with as many as we would like. But the alternative of not being able to attend any would have devastated us!! :scared1:
Thanks! I can't tell you how excited we both were when we opened that gift....and you're right, I'll take anything over no games at all! Jasmine went and bought another new shirt for the game...she got Ladd's because Kane was all sold out!
Funny thing about DISSING with someone from your own city (not alot of us around here in Winnipeg). Jasmine's friend Kayla taught at my daughter's dance studio for years. My girls both quit dance last year so I don't get to see her smiling face anymore but she certainly was a bright spot in the studio!! Miss seeing her.
That is so funny! Whenever I introduce Kayla, I always introduce her as my niece, the girls don't know life without each other. When her mom and I met in 1988 Kayla was 6 months old....they are both only children so they are like cousins! She is a doll! It really is a small world especially in Winnipeg:lmao:
Looking like we are heading to Florida in March so your TR will need to keep me Disnified until then. (if that is even such a word) :confused3
I am so excited for you! We are thinking of planning another Sunday morning breakfast dismeet for late Feb...I will send you a PM and maybe you can make it this time!:thumbsup2....no pressure though, I know how busy it is when you have a vacation around the corner!
Great suitcase! I saw an awesome Heys suitcase at TJMaxx. It was navy with Mickey heads in blue, orange, and white. If they had yours, (and I was buying) I would have had a hard time deciding! :rotfl:

Your room looks terrific! I especially love the pictures. I am so happy you are happy with your choices! I completely understand the difficulty in making that decision! It's hard when you are looking at a long commitment and not an option to jsut run it back to the the store.

Thanks Debby!I saw that one you're talking about online....so cute!

Thanks, I still have to buy some more accessories, but I think I'll know when I see them what I'm going to get! I am so glad someone understands my decision making difficulty....it's a big purchase and it made me a little sick:sick: but all good now, couldn't be happier!

Queen, I love the "life" update photos of your birthday and Chirstmas celebrations.

And the new furniture rocks! I'm so glad Jasmine convinced you. And I love the Princess suitcase.

Thanks Kat:hug: Yes, I am so happy too but at the time I kept thinking "easy for you to say, you're not paying for it" :lmao:

Finally all caught up! Been away from the Dis too! Bad disser.:rolleyes1

What a great Safari huh?:banana:
Love the new furniture!:thumbsup2
Glad to be back on the dis and see more updates from my favorite TR's, yours included Queen.....:hug:

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy new year.....:flower3:

KIM

Girl, I know all about talking a break....totally get it;) I've really gotta get my butt in gear and get this thing moving! There always seems to be something else to do and I feel guilty if I sit down to do a post!:rolleyes1

A belated Happy New Year to you too:hug:

Thanks for the real life update. Looks like you guys had a happy Christmas. Love all the Disney ornaments, especially the castle one!
It's my favorite too! I just love it!

Your new furniture looks very nice and comfortable. (That's how I judge good furniture. I want it to be comfy.:rotfl:) I smiled when I saw the Disney picture frame on your wall, because I have one just like it, except mine is just the single 5x7". I love the Mickey heads on each corner. :thumbsup2
You and me both...there were so many sets that looked amazing but when you sat on them they were like sitting on rocks:headache:

I have the single one too...the one that is hanging on the wall was a gift from my friends that live in Kissimmee and he works for Disney!

I am glad you're getting that little bit of snow and not me! That's too cold for me! Brrrr.
When I woke up this morning it was -37 and I was just praying the car would start as I forgot to plug it in....and it did:cloud9:

Hi Queen! I've been off the boards for a while, but I just caught up with your whole TR today! Guess it's good I'm not that busy at work right now.
I have been enjoying reading it.
Jasmine & Jeff are such a cute couple. That was so nice of you to take him on his 1st trip to WDW!
Your new furniture looks great in your room. It is so nice upgrading to the new t.v.'s, isn't it? We just upgraded our last one this past holiday too.
I hope ya'll had a great Christmas & New Year!!!!!!!
AMY!!! I have missed you and our chats...I hope all is well. I thought of you so often and wondered what was new and going on in your life! Thanks so much for posting!

Thanks for all your wonderful comments. We thoroughly enjoyed having Jeff along and I know Geodoc was happy to have another male around:lmao:

Love my new TV and my PVR....how did I live without either one of these:rolleyes1

Great new furniture and Christmas tree ornaments! It's nice that you include ones that hold dear memories for you such as the Cruella one and the one of Jasmine's 7th Christmas!

Btw love the new luggage you got...that'll be great to use for your 2013 trip! :goodvibes

Hey friend:hug: I know so many people have "theme" trees, but I just can't bring myself to do that. Whenever we put the tree up we reminence with the ornaments, what trip we bought them on and all the ones Jasmine made when she was little. I jsut love it!

I knew you would love it!

I sooo almost bought that suitcase. I think I would have if I had been with my daughter but as it was I with my DS(9) and he was not letting me have any part of it. I believe his words were...

"No way you're putting my clothes or making me carry that around it public".

Like I was going to share it anyhow.

I love that you almost bought it....clearly you and Jasmine have excellent taste:goodvibes

As I was reading your post all I could think is "Hypermommy is gonna have a hayday with this post" you know how it annoys her when we torture our children:lmao::rotfl2::worship:

Hi Queen!
Excellent TR, just read through all 45 pages! It was a great distraction from tonight's game! I know it's the Bruins, but it started so promising!!:confused3
It was promising wasn't it....and then not so much:confused3
Loved all your pictures! Especially the ones of AK! We had to miss that park due to torrential downpours during our March trip. We have plans to go back August 2013 as well. I already had to start my ticker! We only went for 7 days during spring break and WDW feels so unfinished to us...we have to go back but 14 days will be the way to go!
Thanks! You are gonna love being there for 14 days....for us, it's the only way to go! You get everything in you want to do and still enough time to relax and truly enjoy your holiday!
A few funny coincidences as I was reading...

-Another Winnipegger here with upgrade pixie dust! We book the CR with the MK view and were luckily upgraded to a MK view club level suite! We couldn't believe it! Being our first WDW trip...we're spoiled now! :thumbsup2
How lucky were you...you got the whole bag of pixie dust and then some:lmao: That is amazing...so happy you got that on your first trip!
That is too funny!
-My brother also gave DS tickets to the same Jets game you received. Unfortunately I won't be going yet...it would mean more to DH to see a Jets game. I can only hope to win the lottery draw to buy tickets or win from the draws at work.
I've already told Jasmine that we're each buying $20 worth of 50/50 tickets at the game and if we win, we're off to the World!!!
Where did you go to cash in your gold? That's something I've thinking of doing...but not sure of really sure where somewhere reputable would be? (I also don't know if some of my pieces are just gold plated....I would be so embarrassed for the guy to look up at me and say...uh your stuff is no good here!!!)
I went to Gatewest Coin on Corydon...it's right across from the RBC at Lanark. They are fantastic there, I have sent every one of my friends and they were all so pleased! They have Better Business Burea plaques up everywhere so that sold me too plus word of mouth from people in the area!
Can't wait to continue reading!

Nah... quite frankly we didn't buy any liquor. Drank quite a bit, mind you, but didn't buy any to bring home. Next time, however....... I'll let you know when we're going so you can get your order in. :thumbsup2
Ok baby, you got it!
Thanks!!!! Yes, it's 130. I still have 10 that I want to lose. I know my sister's gonna freak out. She thinks I'm becoming anorexic or something -- which is kind of funny considering how much I LOVE to eat, there's just no way that'll ever happen. But that's just something she'll have to deal with.
You are my inspiration...I am so proud of you! I know the commitment it takes to be that disciplined which right now I am not, so good on you!

And you know you can do it! I know you can do it!!! You? Puhleeze.. you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Hey... how about this.... let's consider doing the marathon together in 2013. We could do the Wine and Dine! I'm considering doing the half Wine & Dine this fall. Not quite sure I can get through it but have almost talked King Charming into having the family at the finish line and then enjoying the rest of the evening in Epcot. That could be so much fun! But we should consider the 2013.... think of what a motivational boost it would give you -- you'd be running to see Mickey!
I would cheer you on girl, but I hate running....hate it....dispise it....can you tell I don't like running!
Woot woot!!!!!!!!! Love the ornaments! And the pic of young Jas!!! All of the pictures were wonderful and the furniture looks fantastic!!!!!!
Thanks!
Oh I do love the way you think!!! Sounds reasonable to me! Punishment isn't supposed to be something that the child is okay with, right?
Knew you wouldn't let that one go.....:lmao:
Okay... off I go to the gym. Hoping to actually make it on time today. We'll see...... :surfweb:
I'm back to the gym 4 times a week....even the days I don't want to go, I make myself because I know how great I feel afterwards!
Snow White! He's a year younger but apparently they were in the before and after school program together in elementary school. The both of them were often the last two standing in the Connect 4 tournaments!
...it's a small world after all!
(sorry couldn't resist!...gosh, I hope DS has got it right!)
That's so funny! Small world.
It is hot and humid but if you take breaks and drink alot, it's fine! I will save you the suspense and let you know now that Irene didn't affect our vacation one bit! In 2006 Ernesto hit while Jasmine and I were there but we only had to stay in our room one day!
I just recently found your trip reports, and am loving them. Cant wait to hear more about your trip. :banana:

So happy you found the TR's and I'm even happier that you're going to stick around to see how this one ends:lmao:

Ummm, I CANNOT BELIEVE how much I have missed!! :scared1:

HI Queen!!! :goodvibes

Let's see, my computer crashed and work has been overwhelmingly busy so I have not had a chance to stop in. :sad2: But..........I am here now and I have a new computer and even a kindle (not sure if the Dis will work on there or not yet) but either way, I'm all set to get caught up! :happytv:

I also wanted to say I've thought of you often and I hope your trip was as magical as possible... talk to you soon!

:flower3: Carla

Thanks Queen - let me know about the breakfast as hopefully this time it works. I am heading to Hawaii with my 2 girls and aunt mid February for a girls only trip so depending on the date it may work. Funny that Jasmine wanted Kane's shirt - my youngest Cassie is obsessed with Kane and she bought a blank jersey and had Kane and 9 put on the back plus she got a Kane tshirt for Christmas. My older daughter is hooked on Bogosian. It is nice that Jasmine and Kayla are so close - those life friendships are priceless!

OMG, I feel like I'm so far behind!!! :eek:

Okay, first off that luggage is the absolutely most beautiful, awesomest (yes it's a word), luggage I've ever seen before.

Don't worry too much about having to take a DIS break. That's the thing about technology. I think sometimes we can get so sucked in by it that we forget about some other things. You're here now and we'll take what we can get. :hug:

Hmm, last two weeks in August in 2013? You know, I've never been in August before....;)

Hi Queen!! Happy Belated New Year!! :cheer2:
This is my first time on in awhile, always seems to be something keeping me away. I love all the pics, your furniture is amazing and is making me think its time to get new stuff. Especially when I keep reading about the 10 yr reference...lol mine is older than that!! The pic on Dinosaur was too funny. Always good to have some ammunition, you should post that on his facebook if he has one. Love the pics of all the girls, so pretty!!!
I am all caught up now, take your time so I don't fall too far behind. :lmao:

I'm back :)

Love the new furniture and your christmas decorations! I loved seeing your favortie ornaments because they reminded me of some ornaments that we have in my house :)

I actually thought of you guys the other day because we were eating in the mexico counter service place by the lagoon and there were a ton of birds flying all over the place and it made me think of your story about Jeff and the birds.

As I was reading your post all I could think is "Hypermommy is gonna have a hayday with this post" you know how it annoys her when we torture our children:lmao::rotfl2::worship:

I will admit that post was inspired by Hypermommy.

Ugh I am behind school and work tend to take away from my DIS time :sad2:

I love the Mike ornament! I think we will have to look for one of those when we are there next month!

I love your new luggage!

Love the new furniture!

I am glad you all had such a wonderful holiday :hug:

I hear ya girl...not with school but work is all consuming it seems lately!

That Mike ornament came in one of those "storybook" ornament collections and I bought it at the Christmas store in DTD....it came with 2 Boo's, Randall, Roz, Sully and a few others...I couldn't resist!

I knew you would love it...after all, it has our favorite princess on it!

Thanks so much honey, it really was a great holiday season, different without our mom, but still great! We are firm believers in "celebrating life" and reliving past memories and that's what we did....and we all know she was with us!:hug:

Ummm, I CANNOT BELIEVE how much I have missed!! :scared1:

HI Queen!!! :goodvibes

Let's see, my computer crashed and work has been overwhelmingly busy so I have not had a chance to stop in. :sad2: But..........I am here now and I have a new computer and even a kindle (not sure if the Dis will work on there or not yet) but either way, I'm all set to get caught up! :happytv:

I also wanted to say I've thought of you often and I hope your trip was as magical as possible... talk to you soon!

:flower3: Carla

Carla!!! So great to see you again my friend:hug: I am going to be off work for three weeks starting Wednesday and have every intention of getting caught up on my Dis-ing!

Our trip was magical and I have another post in the process so will be up in a couple of hours!

Thanks Queen - let me know about the breakfast as hopefully this time it works. I am heading to Hawaii with my 2 girls and aunt mid February for a girls only trip so depending on the date it may work. Funny that Jasmine wanted Kane's shirt - my youngest Cassie is obsessed with Kane and she bought a blank jersey and had Kane and 9 put on the back plus she got a Kane tshirt for Christmas. My older daughter is hooked on Bogosian. It is nice that Jasmine and Kayla are so close - those life friendships are priceless!

Hey Sugar!!!

Jasmine should have her schedule by the end of the week so as soon as I know I'll send you a PM! Hawaii....so excited for you!!! We have never been.

My Jasmine loves him too....as soon as they get more shirts in I'm sure she'll get one! She tried the jersey but couldn't bring herself to spend $200 on it....can't say I blame her! Bogosian is a cutie isn't he?

Yes, those kinds of friendships are the ones you never let go off!

OMG, I feel like I'm so far behind!!! :eek:

Okay, first off that luggage is the absolutely most beautiful, awesomest (yes it's a word), luggage I've ever seen before.

Don't worry too much about having to take a DIS break. That's the thing about technology. I think sometimes we can get so sucked in by it that we forget about some other things. You're here now and we'll take what we can get. :hug:

Hmm, last two weeks in August in 2013? You know, I've never been in August before....;)

You....I can't remember the last time I was over on your TR....but I promise over the next 3 weeks I will be completely caught up!

Awesomest is the best word to describe the luggage I just love it:lovestruc

I found it was taking up all my free time and I just knew that was wrong....my evenings were gone before I realized it so knew I had to walk away and now I'm trying to be on only a couple of times a week!

You don't know how happy that would make me if you planned a trip for the same time....girl...we would have a blast!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter