• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JAMBO Everybody...An August 2011 TR (Completed May 13)

Sounds like a fun morning in Epcot! :thumbsup2 I always do the green side of MS, too! I've never tried the orange and I don't think I plan on it.

The crowds seem so light on your vacation! That's awesome! We're going the week before Labor Day next year.. I hope the crowds are low like that!

I'm a huge fan of spending time in World Showcase, too! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

MS???? NO WAY. I won't even walk past it. lol I get so sick on rides. But who just said it was wimpy.....hmmm maybe I might try it one day. Test Track made me feel sick last trip, but not too bad and I was so proud of myself for doing it. (But that was it LOL)
Great pics and hmmm where did you go next.....

(Oh and that shirt Jas has on looks like one I have from Kohls. What would the odds be?)

Geodoc - did you get to visit the museum? I'd love to go there. Of course, I don't see myself in SF anytime soon.

Geodoc asks if you want something from SF, you say anything at all from the LV store and he takes pictures???????? Dang!!!!! I say it's Peg's fault. Obviously she hasn't finished training that man. :rotfl2:

:

Well here is my sad tale about the Walt Disney Family Museum. My only real free day to tour SF was Tuesday Oct 18.....I discovered on Monday the 17th....the museum is closed on Tuesdays!! I was mighty ticked about that! So instead I went to Fisherman's Wharf to site see and geocache!

Now as for the LV store picture.......it's a very nice picture!! :P. Purplepeg got a picture of the Tiffany store by my hotel!! :rolleyes1

I haven't been on M:S in years. :confused3

I love Epcot. It is quickly becoming my favorite park. I could spend DAYS there.........easily!

I hope that one day our trips will cross again. I missed you guys this year. :sad2:

I think it has officially become my favorite park! I absolutely love my time there!

You and me both...we missed you guys this year too and everytime we were on the boat and docked at The Boardwalk, Jasmine and I remembered our great time there with you guys!

I may have figured it out! It appears that anything you type inside my quote doesn't appear when I quote you. So it's not me! :woohoo:
(that's my story and I'm sticking to it :rotfl2:)
I am almost 100% computer illiterate so if that's your story, who am I to argue:confused3
And the hushpuppies ain't nothing to make. Definitely doable after shopping! :cool1:
Perfecto!!
Oh me too!!!! WS is my absolute favorite place in the world to be! I love heading over to France and sitting down to a bowl of soup and a glass of wine and just watching the people. It's even more fun if Serveur Amusant is playing and then I can watch people's reactions to them.

That's pretty much what we do...whereever we can grab a cocktail we like to sit and enjoy on a bench and watch the world go by
Probably 'cause Peg is tired of your shenanigans, the little ingrate! :rotfl2:
Again, not going to argue with you:rotfl2:

I like her narration and I like how they changed the theme of the attraction without changing the major scenes, but I do terribly miss the vignettes at the end. The infinite dots of light effect, while cool enough, just doesn't do it for me.

Vignettes? I'm not familiar.....maybe before we started travelling there:confused3

Are you kidding?!?!?! The kid that puts away 7 plates of food gonna get sick? Yeah, right!

Yup, but he's also the kid that had to take gravol (oh wait, you guys call it something different...hang on.....dramamine??) on the airplane...what does that tell you? You can see my concern:rotfl2:
I have to agree in that I sure love Epcot! It's amazing! :thumbsup2

Lol love the interaction between Jasmine and Jeff at the wishing fountain :laughing:

Wow at Jeff and SW riding the orange side of MS. I may be wrong but am going to guess you headed to Mexico.

I had a feeling you would love it! They were cute at the wishing fountain...it became an occasion everytime they came across any "fountain" or body of water:lmao:

Great guess girl!

Great update, Queen. I love Epcot too...it's getting close to overtaking MK in my eyes. It's funny that you miss Jeremy Irons on Spaceship Earth...I miss Walter Cronkite, the original.

The kids look to be having a blast. And doesn't Jeff know that you don't tell your wishes. :confused3

Thank Kathy:goodvibes There is something about MK that hits the "little girl" nerve in me, but Epcot is definitely my favorite park now! I didn't know that Cronkite used to narrate...I just learned something today:woohoo:

We tried to tell him, but he does like to make up his own rules;)

Is it because your favorite colour is grey? And your favorite animals are geese? And your favorite state of liquid is semi-frozen? No connection. Just random questions... :rolleyes1

You are clearly the smartest man I know:worship:

Ya gotta love when the Disney bus gods smile on you. I've heard people complain about waiting 10 minutes for a bus. Guess they're not from the Peg where it can take over an hour to get anywhere! :laughing:

Exactly! I don't usually take the bus but a couple of times in the last week I had to take it home from work and 3 of them passed the stop at Portage Place cause they were full to the brim already...what is up with that:headache: I've been meaning to call 311 but keep forgetting...until the next time I have to take it:rotfl2:

:lmao: That's hysterical!

It still makes me laugh!

Our next Dis meet, we need to chat more! :rotfl:

Noted...absolutely, we must!

Hey! Nobody infringes on Queen's Grey Goose Slushie time!

See, once again, smartest man I know!

My goodness. So young to be flying off into space. Such brave young girls!

...and cute:cutie:

Haven't seen it in years. Last time was pre-Ellen. I haven't been able to justify the time committment.

That's a long time ago!!

I wonder if the locals shake their collective heads every time a Canuck points at a palm tree in wonder. I know I did it the first time I saw one. :laughing:

I believe my friend Hypermommy has answered this for us! Check out her post.

Well... Since it's the closest and margarita's are served there, I'm gonna have to go with Mexico. ;)
Third times a charm....smartest man I know!!
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Cool pictures from inside Mission Space. I am still too afraid to try riding it...:rolleyes1

Trust me hon, if I can do it you can! Just make sure you do green side...doesn't affect me at all, I swear!!
That was a good idea, telling Jeff that if he felt sick after riding M:S, that you were just going to leave him behind and tour WS. :lmao: I would do the same thing.

Hilarious that Jeff thought the tree was fake. :rotfl: I could see that. You're right, there's a lot of foliage in Florida that we don't see on a normal basis.

Hmmmm....I don't know where you're going to visit first. I'm going to say Mexico. For some reason, that's the direction I always go. ;)

Yup, us veterans know there is no wasting time being sick at Epcot....we got lots to do here!

Yes, I believe we have very similar weather conditions between Chicago and Winnipeg!! Cold and windy and no palm trees anywhere in site:rotfl2:

Me too...and that's exactly where we were headed!

I enjoyed the MS pics since I am too chicken to ride either version.

The low crowd levels in August are so great, aren't they? It almost makes up for the awful heat :laughing:

I didn't realize you have never ridden MS....the thing I would caution people on more than the motion is the confined spaces:rolleyes1

Almost....you're right!

Sorry to say this but MS - green is wimpy!

:lmao::lmao:

You can say whatever you want...but I'm never ever ever (did I mention never) riding Orange in my life again......EVER!:lmao::lmao:

Sounds like a fun morning in Epcot! :thumbsup2 I always do the green side of MS, too! I've never tried the orange and I don't think I plan on it.

The crowds seem so light on your vacation! That's awesome! We're going the week before Labor Day next year.. I hope the crowds are low like that!

I'm a huge fan of spending time in World Showcase, too! I can't wait to hear all about it! :)

It was such a great morning! I wouldn't plan on it either...I took one for the team years ago so all of my Dis friends wouldn't have to....don't do it:lmao:

Our last week there was the week you're planning on going next year and it was great! It was even lower that the week I'm working on right now!

I can't wait to tell you all about WS...we had the best.time.ever!

MS???? NO WAY. I won't even walk past it. lol I get so sick on rides. But who just said it was wimpy.....hmmm maybe I might try it one day. Test Track made me feel sick last trip, but not too bad and I was so proud of myself for doing it. (But that was it LOL)
Great pics and hmmm where did you go next.....
Samantha, if I can do green you could do it....I get green on most rides, but not that one!! TT did that to me too last time, I think it was all the stopping and starting tho:confused3
(Oh and that shirt Jas has on looks like one I have from Kohls. What would the odds be?)

The odds would be exceptional, that's exactly where she bought it, it was the only thing she bought at Kohl's when we went in May! You both have excellent taste:woohoo:

Oh, Epcot! I miss you so! Thank you, Queen, for such a wonderful virtual visit!

Shelley, you took the words right out of my mouth, I miss it too! To be more specific, I sure could use a margarita and a GGS right about now!

Finally all caught up. I'd slacked off on my TR reading in the days leading up to my trip and then while I was at Disney. But now I'm back and all caught up with your report!

Your Le Cellier dinner sounded lovely! We went to LC for the first time on this trip (lunch not dinner) and it exceeded our every (very high) expectation.

We had a similar experience at Sci-Fi. We all thought it was a cool place to eat a meal, but the food was nothing spectacular (but far better than any of the QS food at DHS! :lmao:)

I too find myself falling more and more in love with Epcot each time I visit. Especially since we keep planning trips around the Food and Wine Festival. I feel your pain on MS. The first time I rode the orange side, I turned more than a little green. :sick: But I've ridden it multiple times on each trip since and had no problems! I even actually like it now! Sssshh, don't tell my DBF, he likes to think he's cajoling me onto that ride. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear the next update! I'm off to work on my trip notes so I can finally get started on my own TR. :goodvibes

Great Epcot pics. I am with ya on MS green!! Off to next, my guess is to Mexico for a margarita!!

Alright doing some catch up here...

:thumbsup2 to ToT! Love that ride! :goodvibes

Oh wow... I'm sorry to say but I can't believe you like SciFi. I'm jsut not a huge fan of the place, we didn't have a good experience with a lot of things. It's one of few bad Disney memories :sad2: But those food pictures do look good... well, I always say every thing deserves a second chance, so maybe I'll go back there, but I don't know. I think Garden Grill and Golden Oak Outpost dominate repeat visits ;)

That's so awesome you guys spend so much time at the pool. I feel like it is so neglected. Like I've gone to the pool when staying at the Disney resorts of course, but it's like once per trip. It's so great to see you guys get so much done and get to the pool.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have an amazing experience at the Wishes Dessert Party, atmosphere-wise, but the desserts look like they are to die for. Glad to hear Jeff liked Wishes! It is an amazing show, I really hope it stays there as long as Fantasy in the Sky was around, though I never got to see Fantasy in the Sky, but still Wishes is amazing :goodvibes

I'll comment on more tomorrow, promise.. :teeth: Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Jasmine and Jeff make a cute couple!!

Your Epcot morning looks fun. We've never ridden Mission Space or Ellen's Energy. Maybe next trip.

Well here is my sad tale about the Walt Disney Family Museum. My only real free day to tour SF was Tuesday Oct 18.....I discovered on Monday the 17th....the museum is closed on Tuesdays!! I was mighty ticked about that! So instead I went to Fisherman's Wharf to site see and geocache!

Now as for the LV store picture.......it's a very nice picture!! :P. Purplepeg got a picture of the Tiffany store by my hotel!! :rolleyes1

Oh noooooos!!!!

But you know what? I think maybe it was advanced-karma. The powers that be knew you were going to take these wonderful women a PICTURE of something nice, so guess what? No Disney Family museum for you! :rotfl2:

Did a quick search for the missing scenes in case you're interested. I found these listed at http://www.lostepcot.com/spaceshipearth.html

-The scene with the American boy communicating via video screens with a Japanese girl is gone. Note of interest: there was a Typhoon Lagoon surfboard in the boy's room. This scene has been replaced with a new 1970s/80s computer room scene and a scene with a man working on a computer in his garage.

segirl.jpg

-The large globe and the following communication tunnel with the various lights and noises has been replaced with a light room. The new room features thousands of light strings perfectly arranged in square rows and columns.

secommtunnel.jpg

-The scene with the kids playing the aerodynamic simulator game is gone. During the scene, the kids would constantly be changing their ship and the environment it was traveling in. The ship would change from a bee to a dragonfly to a plane. The environment would change from plants to a lava planet, etc.

sedragonfly.jpg

-The diorama scenes with the different people communicating from different places, such as in the jungle, is gone.

sedio3.jpg

-The miniature futuristic city is gone. The miniature Spaceship Earth replica has been replaced by some triangular shapes.

secity.jpg

I miss these :(

Hey there!! just catching up on all of your updates that I missed while we were at WDW!! wishing I was still there :rotfl:

Boma looks yummy!! I LOVED seeing AKL while we were there to eat at Jiko...that resort is AMAZING!! love the Mickey birthday cake too :thumbsup2

I tried Mission Space Green this trip, much better than the crazy orange side!!

Ahhh, Epcot...:cloud9:

Adorable picture of Jasmine and Jeff in front of the fountain...

I've only gone on green MS and it unsettles my stomach. I'd love to do orange, just to do it, but it isn't worth the possibilty of ruining Epcot! Instead I enjoy shopping while my family rides!

Finally all caught up. I'd slacked off on my TR reading in the days leading up to my trip and then while I was at Disney. But now I'm back and all caught up with your report!
Welcome home, I hope you had a great time!
Your Le Cellier dinner sounded lovely! We went to LC for the first time on this trip (lunch not dinner) and it exceeded our every (very high) expectation.
Glad it exceeded your expectations, it has never disappointed us;)
We had a similar experience at Sci-Fi. We all thought it was a cool place to eat a meal, but the food was nothing spectacular (but far better than any of the QS food at DHS! :lmao:)
Couldn't agree more!
I too find myself falling more and more in love with Epcot each time I visit. Especially since we keep planning trips around the Food and Wine Festival. I feel your pain on MS. The first time I rode the orange side, I turned more than a little green. :sick: But I've ridden it multiple times on each trip since and had no problems! I even actually like it now! Sssshh, don't tell my DBF, he likes to think he's cajoling me onto that ride. :rotfl:
I miss attending Food and Wine, hopefully one of these years we'll get back for it! Good for you for trying it again, I just can't do it!
Can't wait to hear the next update! I'm off to work on my trip notes so I can finally get started on my own TR. :goodvibes
Let me know when you start!!!

Great Epcot pics. I am with ya on MS green!! Off to next, my guess is to Mexico for a margarita!!
Thanks Mary! You got it Mary....and boy was it good, can't wait to tell you all about it!
Alright doing some catch up here...

:thumbsup2 to ToT! Love that ride! :goodvibes
It is great isn't it:thumbsup2
Oh wow... I'm sorry to say but I can't believe you like SciFi. I'm jsut not a huge fan of the place, we didn't have a good experience with a lot of things. It's one of few bad Disney memories :sad2: But those food pictures do look good... well, I always say every thing deserves a second chance, so maybe I'll go back there, but I don't know. I think Garden Grill and Golden Oak Outpost dominate repeat visits ;)
It was a bad Disney memory for us a couple of times too, but I figured it would be a cool experience for the girls and they loved it;)
That's so awesome you guys spend so much time at the pool. I feel like it is so neglected. Like I've gone to the pool when staying at the Disney resorts of course, but it's like once per trip. It's so great to see you guys get so much done and get to the pool.
I love the relaxing part of the vacation and I love pool time so always include it!!
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have an amazing experience at the Wishes Dessert Party, atmosphere-wise, but the desserts look like they are to die for. Glad to hear Jeff liked Wishes! It is an amazing show, I really hope it stays there as long as Fantasy in the Sky was around, though I never got to see Fantasy in the Sky, but still Wishes is amazing :goodvibes
The desserts were delicious, there is no doubt about that! Wishes is my favorite ...absolutely love it!
I'll comment on more tomorrow, promise.. :teeth: Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum
Sounds good!!
Jasmine and Jeff make a cute couple!!

Your Epcot morning looks fun. We've never ridden Mission Space or Ellen's Energy. Maybe next trip.

Yeah, I think they're pretty cute too! I hope you do get a chance to ride them next trip!

Oh noooooos!!!!

But you know what? I think maybe it was advanced-karma. The powers that be knew you were going to take these wonderful women a PICTURE of something nice, so guess what? No Disney Family museum for you! :rotfl2:

Did a quick search for the missing scenes in case you're interested. I found these listed at http://www.lostepcot.com/spaceshipearth.html

-The scene with the American boy communicating via video screens with a Japanese girl is gone. Note of interest: there was a Typhoon Lagoon surfboard in the boy's room. This scene has been replaced with a new 1970s/80s computer room scene and a scene with a man working on a computer in his garage.

segirl.jpg

-The large globe and the following communication tunnel with the various lights and noises has been replaced with a light room. The new room features thousands of light strings perfectly arranged in square rows and columns.

secommtunnel.jpg

-The scene with the kids playing the aerodynamic simulator game is gone. During the scene, the kids would constantly be changing their ship and the environment it was traveling in. The ship would change from a bee to a dragonfly to a plane. The environment would change from plants to a lava planet, etc.

sedragonfly.jpg

-The diorama scenes with the different people communicating from different places, such as in the jungle, is gone.

sedio3.jpg

-The miniature futuristic city is gone. The miniature Spaceship Earth replica has been replaced by some triangular shapes.

secity.jpg

I miss these :(

I completely forgot about these and now I miss them too! Thank you so much for searching these up and posting them....I loved that futuristic city and I can't believe I didn't realize it was gone:lmao: Clearly, not paying attention:rolleyes1

Hey there!! just catching up on all of your updates that I missed while we were at WDW!! wishing I was still there :rotfl:

Boma looks yummy!! I LOVED seeing AKL while we were there to eat at Jiko...that resort is AMAZING!! love the Mickey birthday cake too :thumbsup2

I tried Mission Space Green this trip, much better than the crazy orange side!!

Welcome home Shannon, I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I wish I was still there too;)

I am so happy that you enjoyed AKL, it is so beautiful!

Glad you tried it and yes I agree, never going on that orange side again!

Ahhh, Epcot...:cloud9:

Adorable picture of Jasmine and Jeff in front of the fountain...

I've only gone on green MS and it unsettles my stomach. I'd love to do orange, just to do it, but it isn't worth the possibilty of ruining Epcot! Instead I enjoy shopping while my family rides!

I love that picture too and I can still hear them bickering...I called them The Bickerson's:lmao:

Not worth it, nope sure isn't, we have way to much to accomplish on our Epcot days!!:thumbsup2 Shopping while family rides.....priceless:lovestruc

Continuing my catch-up...

YAY! Typhoon Lagoon! I've always wanted to go there. The Surfing lessons sound like tons of fun. I forgot they even did that there. Crush n' Gusher looks like tons of fun too. Hopefully I can get my parents to pay the extra fee so we can go to the water parks, because what is better than a Disney water park? :) Haha @ your little "drunk" moment :rotfl2: I can only imagine how funny it is for you guys thinking back on it :laughing:

Mmmmmm... Boma looks really good and that's great you got to share it with some DISers. I hope someday I'll host a DISMeet :cloud9: They sound like so much fun :-) Now, back to the food (;)) The Steak and the cake looks delicious! So great you guys got a special cake for MM and one that looks SOOO GOOD!

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

After this, completely caught up, WOOT! WOOT!...

YAY EPCOT! The perfect park to pick for another full park day. :-) Haha @ the whole wishes fight. They are a very stubborn couple right there :laughing: Big :thumbsup2 to Spaceship Earth, such an awesome ride, though I wish I had been there to ride when Jeremy Irons still narrated. Scar is the man!

Oh wow, I gotta give big props to SW and Jeff for riding the Orange side. I will someday conquer it, but for now the Green side. It seemed like you all enjoyed it, so it isn't just a boring simulator :)

Oh wow, you can only actually SLEEP through that awesomeness. I couldn't miss a thing, the mixture of Bill Nye, Ellen DeGeneres and Disney... it's a mix made in heaven (little play on words). Too bad it was closed the last time I went there to go see Universe of Energy and it sounded like all of you enjoyed it, so that will be a total must-do for me next time I'm in the world :teeth:

I'm guessing you're going to... MEXICO! Of course!

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Typhoon Lagoon looks like so much fun! I went there when I was a kid and haven't been back since. Maybe it's about time.

Too bad the other people were pushy at the Wishes Dessert Party. I had considered booking it, but Jeremy said he thought there would always be long lines for desserts and we'd spend half the night waiting in line and the other half sitting at the table, alone with two toddlers, wishing the other person would hurry up at the buffet. :rotfl:

I really like Mission Space Orange. I guess I'm just used to it, since that's the original ride. The one time we rode Mission Space Green seemed very non-spinny by comparison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter