Jamaica Port Adventure

Piper23

DIS Veteran
Off the Disney Wonder today, Western Caribbean sailing with stops in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Jamaica was definitely our favorite port and I would like to recommend the "Rafting on the Martha Brae" port adventure. My daughter (16) and I went together and both of us really enjoyed it. The river boat captain did all the work, we stayed dry and comfortable, and the trip was absolutely beautiful! If you go, ask your captain about how the river got its name!

I'll be there in less than three weeks. I love hearing positive reviews. Thanks!

My dining rotation was TAAPTAP

The nights were
Saturday- at sea- cruise casual
Sunday- at sea- formal, Golden Mickeys
Monday- at sea- cruise casual, Toy Story the Musical
Tuesday- Jamaica, Halloween
Wednesday- Grand Cayman, Pirate Night
Thursday- Cozumel, semi-formal, Disney Dreams
Friday- at sea- cruise casual

My dining rotation was TAAPTAP The nights were Saturday- at sea- cruise casual Sunday- at sea- formal, Golden Mickeys Monday- at sea- cruise casual, Toy Story the Musical Tuesday- Jamaica, Halloween Wednesday- Grand Cayman, Pirate Night Thursday- Cozumel, semi-formal, Disney Dreams Friday- at sea- cruise casual
Thanks, you had the dining rotation I was hoping for.

I have another dining question. Is there a Captain's Gala & Till We Meet Again Menu? This is my first 7 night cruise. Thanks

I have another dining question. Is there a Captain's Gala & Till We Meet Again Menu? This is my first 7 night cruise. Thanks

Captain's Gala was on Thursday night (Semi-formal) and the Till We Meet Again menu was on the last night- Friday.

We are going in a couple of days. How was the weather during your cruise?

Beautiful! Rough seas on the last two days getting into Cozumel and then back to Galveston, but other than that it was pretty perfect!

What made Jamaica your favourite ? We are going on the fantasy in May and I am most excited about grand cayman.

Another vote for Jamaica here. We loved all the port stops but dh and I agree that Jamaica is the one that intrigues us the most and that we'd love to go back and see more of! It is just downright beautiful. The people we ran into were friendly and helpful. Yes, the vendors were rather more insistent than we are used to (meh, I found the same in Cozumel too) and I quickly learned that a simple 'no, we're not interested' worked better than a 'let us think about it' or 'maybe later' :lmao:

FergusBC said:
Another vote for Jamaica here. We loved all the port stops but dh and I agree that Jamaica is the one that intrigues us the most and that we'd love to go back and see more of! It is just downright beautiful. The people we ran into were friendly and helpful. Yes, the vendors were rather more insistent than we are used to (meh, I found the same in Cozumel too) and I quickly learned that a simple 'no, we're not interested' worked better than a 'let us think about it' or 'maybe later' :lmao:

If you are polite say no thank you..even through in have a nice day I have vendors regardless of port will back off...at least they have with us

We are leaving on Saturday for our cruise. We are thinking of canceling our Disney excursion and just walking around. We might to an excursion once off the boat. Were there very many activities offered once off the boat? Do you feel it was safe to just walk around. Thanks (I am with a party of 3 adults and 3 girls.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter