Jamaica Beach Excursion

Bumping this because I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone that has done it can answer. :)

This looks like a good option. and not horrible expensive.

We were planning on staying on board because nothing looked great to do with our two young kinds, except for some all inclusive resort that was lots of $$$

After not hearing back on this site, I did a bit of searching around myself. The Chukka Bach Break (without the lunch) sounds like the same excursion and is what we were looking for so we booked it for our cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1379430

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserR...almouth-Falmouth_Trelawny_Parish_Jamaica.html

I'd seen those and was wondering if it was the same. Please report back with lots of pics after your trip since Jamaica is a relatively new port for Disney so it seems not many people here are familiar. When do you leave? We haven't even actually booked yet. I'm just the family travel planner so we're looking at going May of 2015. :)

This looks like a good option. and not horrible expensive.

We were planning on staying on board because nothing looked great to do with our two young kinds, except for some all inclusive resort that was lots of $$$

I agree. The resort beach break at the Hilton would be almost $600 just for the 5 of us! That's crazy especially when it only gives you 2 1/2 hrs on the beach. :o

We aren't going until mid August so some other people will probably post about it before me, but I will definitely report back about the Chukka Beach Break.

Was wondering same thing we go in two weeks, but didn't book this yet, just rechecked option in Jamaica and saw it......

I agree. The resort beach break at the Hilton would be almost $600 just for the 5 of us! That's crazy especially when it only gives you 2 1/2 hrs on the beach. :o

I priced a day room at the Hilton and found it is tons cheaper. there is another thread about this and I got my info from it. I think this is the way we will be doing it. the day room is all inclusive as well, their pools look great. its about a 15/20 minute cab ride from the port and with the day room you get a lot longer than the 2 1/2 hours of the ships excursion.

Do you know the info from the other thread with info about the day room at the Hilton? We'd love to look into this as well

Do you know the info from the other thread with info about the day room at the Hilton? We'd love to look into this as well

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3250951

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e2s1

thats the thread i had originally been looking at. also a link to the hilton (rose hall) for booking a day rate. put in the day you will be there for check in and the same day for check out and it will pop up with the day rate. i believe the day rates are from 9 till 6 and they are all inclusive. i saw somewhere that kids were free but i didn't check that as i don't have small children.

good luck, let us know what you come up with. :thumbsup2

There's also a new entry for a "Royalton Resort Beach Tour".
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/falmouth-jamaica/royalton-resort-beach-tour/

It's showing as 'sold out' for my cruise (May 10) but I suspect that's just because they haven't finalized everything yet as I know I recently checked and never saw it before today... I went and checked out the Chukka Beach Day as a result of this post and noticed it then so thank you!

Best of all, it's only 15 minutes away from the port so even if I can't book it through DCL, I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask about a day pass and just catch a cab when we get off the ship. It's pretty pricey through DCL so I'm hoping that purchasing the day pass on our own and cabbing it will be cheaper. To be honest, we weren't really looking forward to Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Cove (which is what we currently have booked) so I'm hoping this works out.

I just called Royalton White Sands Resort in Montego Bay and they said it's no problem to just head by cab once we get to the port and purchase day passes at the front desk.

The adult price is $80 and children are $40. Everything is included including activities, the restaurants and alcoholic drinks.

We are definitely doing this. Since DCL doesn't have it available for our sailing on May 10th, we'll just do it on our own.

I just called Royalton White Sands Resort in Montego Bay and they said it's no problem to just head by cab once we get to the port and purchase day passes at the front desk.

The adult price is $80 and children are $40. Everything is included including activities, the restaurants and alcoholic drinks.

We are definitely doing this. Since DCL doesn't have it available for our sailing on May 10th, we'll just do it on our own.

did they happen to say how far the drive was and what the cost could be for a cab?

i have a picture of taxi rates from Falmouth cruise terminal ( cant upload-- too new to board)-- it says one way taxi for up to 4 people from cruise terminal to sandals in montego bay is US $ 60.00 --I am assuming this is similar??.. I booked this thru DCL ( going in august) not sure if DCL is a good price or not?? ( considering cab fare???)

i have a picture of taxi rates from Falmouth cruise terminal ( cant upload-- too new to board)-- it says one way taxi for up to 4 people from cruise terminal to sandals in montego bay is US $ 60.00 --I am assuming this is similar??.. I booked this thru DCL ( going in august) not sure if DCL is a good price or not?? ( considering cab fare???)

That sounds pricy for a 15 minute ride! I am looking into this too for the Aug 31st cruise.
:surfweb:

Disney Family Mum-- How was the Royalton?-- can you share any photos, experiences??

Thx
Bob

I am wondering how the Chukka Beach Express is too. I just read a review and it sounded OK. I cannot book my excursions until 8/25 so if anyone goes on the Beach Express excursion, please report back on it.

I have been to Jamaica before several times with my husband, but not my daughter. We were going to just go on our own to Doctor's Cave in MoBay, our favorite beach, but the cost of the ride to get there then the entrance fee and chair, umbrella, float rental will never be as cost affective as this.

Would like to hear if anyone has done this yet.

I am wondering how the Chukka Beach Express is too. I just read a review and it sounded OK. I cannot book my excursions until 8/25 so if anyone goes on the Beach Express excursion, please report back on it.

I have been to Jamaica before several times with my husband, but not my daughter. We were going to just go on our own to Doctor's Cave in MoBay, our favorite beach, but the cost of the ride to get there then the entrance fee and chair, umbrella, float rental will never be as cost affective as this.

Would like to hear if anyone has done this yet.

We enjoyed the Chukka Beach Express Port Adventure, even though the weather was gloomy while we were there. I appreciated the security keeping local vendors from wandering the beach and trying to sell to us in our chairs. The sand was so soft and nice, and the facilities were good. Here is a review with photos of my experience - http://www.victoriaonvacation.com/2014/06/2014-disney-fantasy-western-caribbean-Day5.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter