jalapeno cheese bread recipe

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by *Robin*, May 24, 2001.

1. *Robin*

*Robin* bibbity bobbity boo!

Hi everyone, I made this to go with tonights dinner...(tequilia lime chicken from that new lawrys marinade...it's yummy too!) and I thought I would share the recipe...it's evolved over the years with my growing love of spice...you can add cayenne if you like it hotter, or a couple dashes of your favorite hot sauce. Hope you like it! :)

Jalapeno cheese bread
    (bread machine)
    1/2 Cup Milk
    1/2 cup sour cream
    2 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
    2 Jalapeno Peppers -- diced, or 5 T. pickled
    4 or 5 stalks chives, snipped optional, I use them from the garden when they're out.
    a few good dashes of garlic powder
    2/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese -- grated
    1/2 Teaspoon Salt
    3 Tablespoons Sugar
    3 Cups Flour
    2 1/2 Teaspoons Yeast

I did it on the dough cycle and baked it, only because my machines baker is messed up,
    I think you could do it just fine on a bake cycle.

It really is yummy! I like it with jalapeno jelly! :D

2. Meagansmom

Meagansmom DIS Veteran

Robin - do you put everything as above in the machine? I know some recipes you put some things in - in certain order. Just throw it all in? Thank you it sounds like a great recipe.

3. Beth E. (NJ)

Beth E. (NJ) <font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu

I was reading over some of the recipes from last page and found this one - it sounds yummy!

4. *Robin*

*Robin* bibbity bobbity boo!

Gosh, I posted this so long ago that I forgot about it! :) MegansMom, I'm so sorry I never saw your post! Just follow the directions for your bread machine...ususally liquids first, then flour & dry stuff, last, sugar, salt and yeast. I wait until it's mixed a bit and add the jalapenos and cheddar...it just seems to work better.
    Beth, I've been using this forever, I hope you two like it! :)