• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jacksonville?

From Disney to Jacksonville, Florida you are looking at a four hour drive, at least. Could be a little less depending on traffic.

its never taken 4 hours or more.

you are looking at 2 - 2&1/2 tops depending on traffic.

yesterday with passing a small accident on I4 (rubberneckers!!!), & spring breaker traffic around daytona, it took me exactly 2 hours & 20 minutes leaving from Steak & Shake on SR 535 in Kissimmee to get to my apartment on the Southside of Jacksonville.

From Disney to Jacksonville, Florida you are looking at a four hour drive, at least. Could be a little less depending on traffic.
We've been driving down from the Philly area to Orlando for almost 5 years now. We can get from Jacksonville to WDW in about 3 1/2 hours. Try to avoid driving thru Jacksonville during morning and evening rush hours---lunch time can get a little sticky also.

Definately avoid 7am-9am & 4pm-6pm on 95 South thru JAX. I drive Jax to Orlando at least once a month & its *never* taken 3 & 1/2 hours. I usually leave around 12pm on a Friday or 7am on Saturdays (Saturday mornings being the best on traffic)

It is approximately 1 hour & 15 minutes from JAX to Daytona / I4 exit & then maybe 45 minutes or so to Orlando. (I drive about 75-79 mph, speedlimit being 70mph most of the way) Downtown Orlando starts getting busy early during the work week maybe 3pm or so, plan on 20 minute delays thru downtown Orlando until you get to the east/west expressway (I think its also called the 408)

It is approximately 1 hour & 15 minutes from JAX to Daytona / I4 exit & then maybe 45 minutes or so to Orlando. (I drive about 75-79 mph, speedlimit being 70mph most of the way)
Well, I can totally see how you make it from Jacksonville to Daytona in 1 hr 15 min. But from Daytona to Orlando in 45 minutes---this is where you lose me. We also drive about the same speed limit as you. I have an aunt that lives in Flagler Beach who we always pop in to see on the way down (or back). This is right outside of Daytona (15 min ?) It's much closer to 90 min from her house to WDW---maybe less by 20 minutes if traffic cooperates. We usually miss the morning and evening rush, but have hit traffic around lunch time. Maybe this is where we're losing time ? I'm not doubting you can get there that fast, I am just impressed though. I think 45 min is amazingly good time----wish we could make it there that quick from Daytona area. What do u find is the best time of day to travel this route ? Right after morning rush, or maybe right after the lunch hour ? I agree with you on those Orlando 3 pm (and after) delays.

Do be careful on that stretch of I-95 from So. Jax (295 & 95 conn.) for about 20-25 miles thru St. Johns Co.
There's a lot of construction / uneven roadway / workers present. Speed limits drop to 60mph in alot of places.
That can certainly slow ya down 15 mins or so.
Jim

We have an aunt and uncle in Jacksonville, that we always try to stop and see either on our way to or from Disney and it usually takes us about 2 1/2 hrs. We've travelled at all sorts of different times and have been lucky enough not to run into a problem w/ traffic. LOL knock on wood, our luck will probably run out, as we are headed that way on Monday! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter