Jackets?

charlottebetty

You don't count the day you're on or the day you g
Hi

We are going on the three day bahamas cruise in August. :cool1: :dance3:

My sister is concerned that her husband and son will need jackets for the semi formal night.
Looking at my photos from our last cruise the men did not have jackets on that or any other night, just shirts. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

No need to carry them just to wear to dinner one evening. A nice shirt and pants will be perfectly acceptable.

What is typically seen as far as what people wear on the 3-N cruises? My sister and her kids (ages 16 & 20) are going with us in March. We don't want to be overdressed but not underdressed either. Does the 3-N even have a formal night?

What is typically seen as far as what people wear on the 3-N cruises? My sister and her kids (ages 16 & 20) are going with us in March. We don't want to be overdressed but not underdressed either. Does the 3-N even have a formal night?

It's not called a formal night, it's a dress up optional night. You will see long dresses and tuxes, but they will definately be in the minority. We just usually wear our cruise casual clothes - capris and a nice top for DD & I, and khakis and polo or DH.

Hi
reuired for remy but what about Palo ??
I just want to bring for DH a nice pant , nice long sleeve shirt and a tie will that be ok for dinner at palo ??

A jacket is required at Remy only. There is no formal or semi formal night on 3 and 4 night cruises. There is one evening designated as "dress up optional." That says it all--anything from jeans to tux. Most people will make an effort to look nice, but it will be a lot more church clothes than ball gowns. Jacket certainly not needed on this night.

I have to agree with KCashner. Unless they have totally started something different on the Dream, their really is no "dress up night" on the short 3 or 4 night cruise in the rotating dining rooms. I just sailed on the Thanksgiving cruise and even for Thanksgiving people were wearing normal dinner clothes. No ties or Jackets and no women in ball gowns. I wore a beaded top w/ short jacket and black cotton dress pants with heels. I was probably a bit over dressed that evening compared to most. But, it was Thanksgiving. Business casual or sunday church cloths seems to be pretty much the average. You can even wear jeans now in the dining rooms and I think I might do that this time since I'll just be on the 3 night. Maybe for the Enchanted Dining room. :) I like the fact that you don't really have to dress up on Disney's short sailings, but if you book Palo or Remy's you can ceratinly go all out! We did the first time we ate at Palo's on the Wonder. :)

Hi
reuired for remy but what about Palo ??
I just want to bring for DH a nice pant , nice long sleeve shirt and a tie will that be ok for dinner at palo ??

From DCL's website for Palo dining:

Dress Code
At dinner, a dress shirt or jacket is required to be worn for men and a dress or pantsuit is required to be worn by women. No jeans allowed.
At brunch, attire is cruise casual, meaning no shorts, jeans, swimwear or tank tops.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/palo/

From DCL's website for Remy dining:

Dress Code
A dress code is enforced during dinner.

Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
Ladies: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/remy/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter