• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jack_Loves_Sally Halloween Wedding PJ & TR. Update 7/8

I love how your DHS honeymoon shoot pics came out!!! You look so pretty! :goodvibes I like the idea of having a honeymoon shoot there too... i love that street going towards ToT and RnRC, it reminds me of old hollywood too! :cloud9:

Aww thanks!! I think they would have been better had we dressed nicer. The shoot was so fun...I love DHS, it just makes me happy being there!:goodvibes

Once we were done with the shoot, we all met in front of ToT, Uncle Jack came up with my Mom and he had a big grin on his face...and a bag in his hand, he said he had one more gift for us, and we said that he had given us enough...well he opened the bag and pulled out these....:scared:

DSC02173.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

Uh...yeah you should have seen the look on Mike's face...now don't get me wrong it was very nice of Uncle Jack to get us the ears, and I think the bride ears are cute, but I remember right before we left for our wedding someone had posted a picture of the new groom's ears...I had showed them to Mike and he said there was no way he was EVER going to wear those.:rotfl2:

Uncle Jack was so excited...he even got our names embroidered on the ears, so we just put them on. I actually think the bride ones are cute, I would never wear the headband because headbands pinch behind my ears, but I think they looked kinda silly on me. But the grooms ears....who thought that putting a hat on top of a hat was a good idea? To each his own I guess. My Grandma insisted on taking our picture, and if Mike ever found out I posted this on here he would kill me, but here it is...

Scan002-1.jpg

Yowzers....so after all of that we decided to go on Rockin' Roller Coaster, which is one of our favorites. Uncle Jack can't go on coasters because of his heart, and my Mom won't go on coasters because she's scared of them, and my Grandma just didn't want to go, so they went shopping. Dad, Mike, India and I rode...I took this while we were in line...

DSC01602.jpg

After we were done we decided to go on ToT...my Dad had never been, he really enjoyed it, but he's really mechanical and he kept asking me questions about how they do the effects and what not, I told him I didn't know...and for hours he went over possible ways they did the effects, ugh.

After ToT our FP for TSM was ready, so we did that, it was the first time any of us had been on this, and it was fun...Mike and India loved it, but I wouldn't wait in line for 2 hours for it thats for sure. We decided to go to the Beauty and the Beast show after that, then we did the Backlot Tour, I had not been on this in ages...it is so different, but I still liked it...kinda.

DSC01611.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

Then we went to Star Tours...I don't know what it is about this ride, but it makes me feel sick...but I was a trooper and went on anyway. We had to do Muppets 3-D cause that is my Dad's favorite, and then we had an ADR for the Prime Time Cafe...we love it here, we always eat here and the Brown Derby when we go to DHS. By the time we got there it was 3:50 and our ADR was for 4:00, so we checked in and waited...and waited...and waited, it was 4:45 before we were seated...so we were STARVING! My Dad was particularly crabby, and I was worried because sometimes you get a waiter/waitress who is a little fresh, which Mike and I like...but my Dad can be nasty when he is hungry. The waiter came and India immediately began to set the table (she knows the drill) and he went through his whole spiel...and my Dad seemed to get into it. We ordered and the food came quickly, and it was good. My Dad and I got the meatloaf, my Mom, Mike and Grandma all got the fried chicken, Uncle Jack got the salmon, and India got chicken fingers...we all had shakes...soooo good!

We went to do Voyage of the Little Mermaid (my favorite), and we did TGMR (even though it's kinda outdated I love it), then we decided to line up for Fantasmic! My Mom and Dad had not watched this show since they went in 2003, so they were excited...as we were walking in the CM that was making sure people were being seated called us over. We went over to see what he wanted and he asked us if we had been on ToT yet..we said yes, and he asked if we wanted to go on it again, Mike, India and I said sure. He handed us FP's and told us to come back to the same place when we were done so we could get back in for F!, then he lifted the rope that leads from the ampitheatre to ToT and let us through. There was really no wait for ToT, and it was pretty empty in the line. We went to line up, and the CM put us in an elevator by ourselves. I love riding ToT at night, and it was sooo much spookier being the only three in the elevator.

DSC01624.jpg

We went back to our family for F! and we sat in the Mickey section (our favorite), but we were kinda far back...which turned out to be a good thing when it was time to leave.

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

Mike and I rode the bus back, and India went with Grandma again...we had a full day at Epcot and MK coming up.:)

Hahaha :lmao: That is such a precious story about the hat. I am glad you guys put on a brave face and wore them because if he got the names embroidered and everything he probably thought it was the best find ever.

That daytime pic you grabbed of the Tower of Terror is really nice too. Very crisp.

:lmao::rotfl2:

Awe that picture of your two in the hats are priceless!!! I have to say i like the old ones better! It was very sweet of him to get your names put on them and he sounded so proud to be giving them to you!

RnRC is our favorite ride too! We did it 4 times on our last trip! Awesome!!!

And you're not the only one who gets sick on Star Tours. I love it but DF always gets queezy after it.

Can't wait to here more!

Hahaha :lmao: That is such a precious story about the hat. I am glad you guys put on a brave face and wore them because if he got the names embroidered and everything he probably thought it was the best find ever.

That daytime pic you grabbed of the Tower of Terror is really nice too. Very crisp.

Oh my gosh...we wore them all day until we went on rides...we went on the Backlot Tour and I hear someone yelling Sarah....I knew it wasn't anyone from my family..cause we were all together, it was a really nice lady who stopped me and told me she saw our wedding from the Poly beach...Mike was like, how did she know our names...I said um duh look at the back of our hats.:lmao:

The picture of ToT turned out well, I took it with my Mom's new camera...I was so bored waiting in line...and I was able to hold very still...cause we didn't move very fast!:rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2:

Awe that picture of your two in the hats are priceless!!! I have to say i like the old ones better! It was very sweet of him to get your names put on them and he sounded so proud to be giving them to you!

RnRC is our favorite ride too! We did it 4 times on our last trip! Awesome!!!

And you're not the only one who gets sick on Star Tours. I love it but DF always gets queezy after it.

Can't wait to here more!

Thanks...I just hope Mike doesn't see I posted it here. Uncle Jack was excited about them...so I figured we could suck it up and wear them for one day. I don't even know how many times we went on RnRC...India is a roller coaster junkie.
Ugh I don't know what it is about Star Tours...but I always get an icky feeling in my stomach after that ride.

Ok...on with the TR...Sunday was a busy day because it was the last day before my parents were going to fly home. My Mom went to Winter Park with Grandma for the day, so it was just Mike, India, Uncle Jack, my Dad and I. We were going to start at Epcot, mostly because my Dad had never been on Soarin', and because my Mom has drooled over mine and my sister's pick a pearl jewelry for years...so we were sent on a mission to do that as well.

Mike and I took the bus and we met Uncle Jack, India and Dad and then we hopped in line for the rope drop. We made it right up to the front and booked it to Soarin', first thing was first...we got FP's, this was where we first ran into trouble with the AP's...the machine didn't seem to want to take them, but a CM came over and got it to work. After we secured the FP's we got in line to ride. As I mentioned before my Dad had never been on this, so he kept asking questions about what it was going to be like...I don't know about you guys, but I cannot accurately describe this ride to someone that has never been on it, so we told him just to wait it out. We only waited about 30 mins, we held out a little longer so we could be on concourse one (to me the effect is different with feet dangling above your head). My Dad LOVED this ride (I kind of figured he would!). After that we did Test Track, we didn't have to wait very long for that which was nice. Uncle Jack wanted to take my Dad over to do the Segway thing, so Mike and I took India to the character connection.

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02047.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

After we saw Mickey and all of his friends, a CM came over and asked India if she wanted to meet Belle, she said yes and they took us around the corner and Belle came out. India was the only one that was there to meet her...it was nice that she could take her time, and Belle was so sweet and talked and walked with India down the hallway asking her questions...so cute.

DSC02050.jpg

By now it was time to go to the International Gateway so we could get to Japan. We decided to walk the whole way...and we stopped in France so I could get a coffee and a pastry, everyone else got snacks too, but I don't remember what they got. As I was happily sipping my sweet caffeine, I looked up and Mike was chatting with Rev. Tim Herring. He said he came to Epcot quite often, and it was nice to see him again and say "hi." We made it to Japan and we watched the pearl pickers for a while before we made our way up there to get ours.

I always let India pick the oysters...she is the luckiest kid in the world when it comes to these things. She has one in every color, she has picked twins...so I just let her do the picking. She won't tell me what her strategy is (although she swears she has one) so I can't help you there...but that kid is lucky when it comes to pearls. She picked my Mom's first....it was a white pearl...but that sucker was big 8.5 mm, we had it set into a ring, but I don't have a pic of it cuase she has it now.
India picked mine next, It was a gold colored 8.5 mm. I wanted it set in a certain pin, but they said it was too big, so I settled for a dragonfly pin instead.

DSC02177.jpg

Next was India's pearl. They opened it up, and she got this....

DSC02184.jpg

Ugh. For years I have tried in vain to get a pearl like that...but India yet again lucked out...they even played the little drum for her. I don't know what it is about Japan, but I love it there, I could spend hours there browsing in the shop and watching the candy lady. After we picked our settings for our pearls we wandered around the rest of the showcase. My Dad and Uncle Jack decided to head to MK early...Uncle Jack wanted to pack my Dad's day as full as he could on his last day there, so they went ahead of us, and we waited for the pearls to be done. Once they were we decided to get on the monorail to head to MK...we had a 4:00 ressie for CRT, and we were hungry.

Once we were on the monorail the clouds started closing in, and I started getting nervous. All of the times my Dad has been to Disney he has never seen the flight of Tinkerbelle during Wishes....and I really wanted him to see it, I figured if it rained that wasn't going to happen. Mike told me to stop worrying about it since it was only 3:00 after all, but it was still there in the back of my mind.

We arrived at MK and wandered around the shops. At this point it was raining, and everyone was trying to get out of it. At 3:30 we went to CRT to check in, and they told us we had to wait a few more minutes. We just hung out there by the awning, and I must say I witnessed some of the worst behavior I have ever seen in those fifteen minutes (and I used to teach pre-school..so that's saying something). Kids were screaming and parents were screaming...boy oh boy was it hectic. At precisely 3:45 Mike went to check us in, and they told India she was going to be honorary princess of the day, they gave her a special sticker and she got to meet Cinderella first by herself. She was self conscious because she didn't have a dress on like most of the other little girls, but she got over it when Cindy noticed that she had on a princess sweatshirt and she made a big fuss over her. After India met with Cindy they sat us by the stairs and told us to sit tight. Then they brought in TONS of people. By the time everyone was done it was 4:30.:eek:

So they tell everyone to line up so we can go upstairs to be seated, and then one of the CM's tells everyone to quiet down so that Princess India can lead us up the stairs...India turned beet red and looked like she wanted to run away. She did lead everyone up the stairs, and they took us to a table by the window...it had confetti on it shaped like Cindy's Coach...Oh my gosh...India was in little girl heaven. Our waitress came over and took our drink orders. When she brought our drinks she brought us pretzel bread...it was so GOOD. I think we ate the whole basket in like 5 minutes.
Our apps arrived, I got the corn crab soup....oh geez it was sooooo good!:lovestruc, India got chicken noodle soup and Mike got the BLT salad.
We got our entrees fairly quickly...I got the cheese tortellini which was just so so, Mike got the Prime Rib which he said was good, but a little dry, and India got the grilled chicken strips with fruit...kinda hard to screw those up. She complained about the selections they have for kids, she ate a lot of my pasta and some of Mike's prime rib...she likes to try new things, and all most all of the kids menu's on Disney property are the same.
For dessert I got raspberry sorbet which was good, nice and light, Mike got the chocolate buckle...he said it was really rich, and India got sorbet as well.

At some point during the meal The Fairy Godmother came out and did her little show...and then Suze and Pearla came around. Now I like to think of myself as a nice, patient person, but we had the family from you know where sitting next to us for this meal. We were trying to politely ignore them...but they had four kids that were absolutely out of control. They were throwing food at each-other...playing with their food, screaming at each-other, spilling things on purpose....I had ignored them pretty well up until this point. Pearla came to the table to take her picture with India...and the youngest child from the family (a girl I guessed was around 6 or 7) ran up to Pearla and pushed India out of the way. I looked at Mike stunned. I thought maybe the little girl's parents would tell her to wait her turn or something...but they didn't. They asked me to get out of the way so they could take a picture.:eek: Like I said...I'm pretty laid back and easygoing...but my blood was BOILING, I mean how rude was that??? I thought Mike was going to go bonkers...Pearla even held her hand up to the little girl as if to say "just wait a minute," but India looked the little girl straight in the face and said "No it's ok...she can go first, my Daddy and Sarah taught me manners." Kind of a snarky thing to say I know, but at that point I didn't care. So India waited and had her picture taken with Suze and Pearla.

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

So we made it through CRT without major incident...:rotfl:

After CRT we went to meet up with Dad and Uncle Jack (they had turkey legs). We decided to do the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (which I thought was pretty cute).Uncle Jack left at that point, he was tired....he and my Dad had been busy at MK all afternoon. We decided to do Space Mountain, and then we went on BTMR, after that we did The Haunted Mansion...then we decided to stake out a spot for Wishes.

We found a good spot on Main Street and Mike and India went to get us drinks...I had a great time with my Dad talking and reminiscing about our past Disney trips. The cart that sells all the glowy things came by and I saw my Dad looking longingly at the glow necklaces, so I ran over and bought him one..he was so stoked, my Mom said he went to sleep with it on that night. Mike and India came back and we got ready for Wishes to start. When Tink flew out of the Castle...my Dad was like a little kid, he was jumping up and down laughing and clapping screaming "You go Tink, you go!!!" Which India thought was the funniest thing she had ever seen. We finished Wishes and asked my Dad what he wanted to do...he said he wanted to go on Pirates...so we did, it was empty. We were the only ones in the boat, but don't worry my Dad had his trusty glow necklace to light the way.:rotfl:

After that we decided we better go, so we made sure my Dad made it to The POP bus stop, and we got in line for POR...it took FOREVER!!! My Dad called me when he got back to POP, and we had JUST boarded a bus to go back to POR. We made it back to the room and my Mom called and said she loved her pearl ring, and we made plans to meet for breakfast in the morning before the ME came to pick them up. And that is the end of day four!:)

Crap!
I keep forgetting to post this in here but....I have a birdcage veil that I bought for my wedding...I didn't end up wearing it, and it's sitting in the closet in my spare room, if anyone is interested pm me. I can send pics if anyone would like. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter