jack skellington in the park?

fastred600

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at Disneyland Oct 26-30. We are going to the Halloween party on the 29th. What should I expect for the jack skellington photo line? Is he only available during the party, or will we be able to see him walking around the park that weekend? I don't want to waste precious Halloween party time waiting in a long line for one picture

Thanks
Buddy

My DH and I ran into him in the little open courtyard right by the French Market. He complimented me on my NBC Harvey's seatbelt bag.

fastred600 said:
We are going to be at Disneyland Oct 26-30. We are going to the Halloween party on the 29th. What should I expect for the jack skellington photo line? Is he only available during the party, or will we be able to see him walking around the park that weekend? I don't want to waste precious Halloween party time waiting in a long line for one picture

Thanks
Buddy

He's out all Halloween season at various times with Sally to the left of HMH in a little grassy area.

Outside of party hours, the line for him will close very quickly...I waited to meet Jack and Sally in November 2011, on what I don't recall as being even a particularly busy day! The line closed in just a few minutes and the poor CM had to continually tell everyone who came after that the line was closed. If I recall correctly, one very stubborn family just got in line anyway, despite the CM repeatedly telling them the line was closed. I didn't hang around to see what would happen.

Jack and Sally were great, spending a lot of time chatting with everyone!

I've heard he's also around during the holidays - my DD is more excited to meet him than she is to meet any princess, and she loooooves the princesses :)

I really hope he is still there in december, despite the fact that if I get to see him I will likely burst into tears. I was married on Halloween and we had a Nightmare themed wedding. Our house is decorated in early Nightmare Before Christmas, so to say I am obsessed, may be an understatement!

I will spend one whole day in line to see him if I have to!

I really hope he is still there in december, despite the fact that if I get to see him I will likely burst into tears. I was married on Halloween and we had a Nightmare themed wedding. Our house is decorated in early Nightmare Before Christmas, so to say I am obsessed, may be an understatement!

I will spend one whole day in line to see him if I have to!

My husband and I saw Jack and Sally last year in December. They were fantastic. They were right out in front of HM and the line then was about 20 minutes. My husband is addicted and spent at least 5 minutes with them. My husband has a Nightmare Before Christmas tattoo sleeve on his arm and our Christmas tree is decorated Nightmare Before Christmas only....all black and white. I completely understand the tears, trust me :)

Yes, I'm pretty sure he's out for Christmas season as well. If he's not I'm going to have a very unhappy family (if you can't tell by my avatar lol).

Last year was the first year we met Jack Skellington during the Christmas holiday season (it was Thanksgiving week actually). I'm not sure, but I think last year might have been the first year they kept him out after Halloween. He provided excellent interaction, so I hope he stays out for an extended time again this year. My boys enjoyed chatting with him and getting their picture taken.

As the others have said, he and Sally were in the grassy area by the HM. I also saw him in New Orleans Square in the courtyard by the shop with all the Nightmare merchandise. So if he's not by the HM, check New Orleans Square. :)

My DH and I ran into him in the little open courtyard right by the French Market. He complimented me on my NBC Harvey's seatbelt bag.

Ask an employee what time he comes out. He's usually with Sally, and you can catch him prior to him going to his designated posing place, and get a picture. It's the courtyard with the stairs coming down - if I'm not mistaken, he'll be coming down the stairs, chatting away.

Last year we saw him at the courtyard in NOS. The cast member who was with him was very rude to us which kinda ruined the experience for me.

Thank you all for the replies... It will really help alot with my planning.. Getting excited now...our first time during the halloween season...

some people have mentioned Jack chatting? is this true? a costumed character that actually speaks? I haven't seen any photos of him

Buddyex said:
some people have mentioned Jack chatting? is this true? a costumed character that actually speaks? I haven't seen any photos of him

Yes, he talks. His mask has a kind of camoflage cutout in his mouth area. He is hilarious! He noticed my DD6 had little clips all over in her hair and told her did she know there were bugs in her hair? Then he asked what she was gonna b for Halloween. She said a horse. He asked her if she was gonna b a dead horse with big red eyes? She looked a little shy/scared, but we were all laughing!

Buddyex said:

Oh yes!!! He sure does! A couple of years back my daughter was wearing a Hannah Montana tshirt & the 3 of them (her, Jack & Sally) had quite a funny convo about that. And another time she was wearing her NBC lanyard & pins & they acted all excited to see that & discussed how lovely the pins were. They have been awesome every time we have seen them! :)

Going today and hoping for some good photos to make up for the horrid experience my friend had last weekend in Florida. Her son's favorite character ever is Jack. The cm handling the line was so rude and hostile to her. She was there with her kids and she took ONE photo with all three and then two of the kids moved out to give her son the opp to have one alone with his favorite character and the cm stuck her hand in her face and said she was done! :(
She explained she just wanted the one other pic for her son and they pushed her out of the line! :scared:
We understand keep the line moving but she watched a family of 6 take every conceivable combo of pics and then they tell her she gets one??
She went to guest services and they told her to go back and they would call the cm and tell her to let them get the one other pic. So they did. When they got there the original rude cm told her "I don't care what guest services told you, you are not getting another picture but if you sit quietly here and don't complain I will get you an autograph." :crazy2:
I know my experience won't make up for hers, but I am hoping we get some decent shots for her......:sad1:

momof3lovebugs - That's when you take a name and report the person because that attitude is not okay from a CM - nor is it the norm.

I would have gone right back to guest services with that response!

They are fun to watch from afar. We did that today.

By the way, for NBC fans, budget twelve bucks for the coffin popcorn bucket....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter