Jack Rogers Sandals question

KristiKelly

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>
I'm hoping someone here can help, I recently purchased a pair of Jack Rogers sandals and wondering if anyone can offer tips to break them in. The round part at the big toe & 2nd toe is rubbing blisters on my 2nd toe. I have been using bandaids. Everyone raves about how much they love these shoes and Nordstrom.com had them on sale so I bought a pair but so far I'm not loving them. Someone told me to get them wet and let them dry in the sun but this seems like it would make them even stiffer. They are also a little snug and I've been told they will stretch and form to my foot. Thoughts?

They sound uncomfortable and anything you have to work that hard at to get comfortable in might not be worth it :confused3 Awww, the price we pay for nice things:rotfl:

Keep wearing them as long as you can stand it - a few hours at a time. It took about 6 weeks for mine to finally feel comfortable. Mine are 1/2 size up from what I normally wear. I don't think I'll ever be able to wear them multiple days in a row...just not enough heel support for my problem feet.

But so cute ! I love mine !

I ordered some from Zappos, after seeing them at Dillards. I sent them right back, that thing between the toes didn't seem to be something that would eventually feel okay. I hope I am mistaken, and that yours softens up; I have a pair of a different brand that I am working on for the same thing.

My daughters both wear them. They were "required" shoes for sorority rush at the big southern university they attended. One of my daughters has complained about the cut outs in the sole hurting the bottom of her foot so she placed tape over that part of the shoe. That seemed to help.

They do run very narrow so it is best to get at least a half size up. Honestly, my most comfortable pair was the pair that had to survive a torrential downpour while I was trying to break them in, so I would definitely try the water! Get them a little wet, wear them for 20-30 minutes, and then let them dry. It should do wonders!

My college aged daughter has these and so does every other college girl I know- lol. Anyway, we bought them a half size bigger than her normal shoe size and she hasn't had any problem with them. A few online retailers say the shoes run true to size but Nordstroms recommends buying them a half size larger and I think that's the key to them being comfortable.

Thanks for the info. I have one pair size 8 and one pair size 7.5 (my normal size) and they both hurt the same. The only difference in the size 8 is that I feel they look too long. I may try the water. My daughter had no trouble with her's but she takes ballet so I guess she's used to pain.:)

It takes time to break them in , but as I alway say, fashion before comfort. I also agree that the heel cutouts bother me way more then the toe rubbing. My monogrammed pair are more comfortable for some reason though. Probably because they were a lot more expensive.:lmao:

IMHO they are the prettiest sandals out there. I have 6 pair and my daughter 4 and we both want more as we love them so much. I agree that they are a need for sorority girls at many schools.

We even got my mom hooked and she now has 3 pairs. Persevere OP. You will be glad you did.

I love my Jack Rogers , because they are pretty , not because they are comfy. I always by half size up. I have caught them on rue la la a few times on sale and 6pm.com. I never pay full price for them.

I'm a big jack rogers lover. I wear mine at least once a week to disneyland and also to disney world. Breaking them in does take time and dedication. My most stubborn pair, I finally took a close look on that little leather toe strip and it just needed to be turned. Painful rubbing gone.
Also, if you can, wear them to the beach. It'll break them in quicker.

My daughter has some of those socks with the toes in them so I'm going to try to wear them around the house with the socks on and see if that stretches them some. I love the looks of them!

Water and leather don't mix. Take it from someone from the pre-synthetic leather generation with decades of experience in doing right and wrong with leather. Following any advice about soaking the sandals is a bad idea. Water will soften the leather at first, but as the leather dries, it will pull together, getting drier, tougher and tighter than before, loosing elasticity. Here is what you can do instead: rub your feet in sunscreen oil or baby oil or any other skin oil. Then wear the sandals. Do this repeatedly every time the oil gets fully absorbed into your skin and sandal. Lotion works as well, but because of its high absorption and evaporation, you would have to repeat the procedure too often. The skin oil lasts longer and feeds and softens the leather while you wear the sandals.

Last edited:
I have a few pair (one pair is more than a decade old). They just aren't comfortable. I can wear them if I won't be standing much, but they are miserable for walking in.

I think they are making new ones with more flexible soles.

My college aged daughter has these and so does every other college girl I know- lol. Anyway, we bought them a half size bigger than her normal shoe size and she hasn't had any problem with them. A few online retailers say the shoes run true to size but Nordstroms recommends buying them a half size larger and I think that's the key to them being comfortable.

Every middle schooler I know has them (except my DD). The platinum ones were worn by half the girls at DD's 5th grade graduation ceremony.

This thread is pretty old but it made me curious about these sandals. They are really expensive for a couple leather straps and a sole, and apparently to most women they are uncomfortable. Why in the world are you buying them then, and spending upwards of $100 to boot!

I'd say return them. Why spend so much money on something that is causing you discomfort? Who cares if every sorority girl (and 5th grader) wears them? That would be reason enough for me NOT to wear them!

This thread is pretty old but it made me curious about these sandals. They are really expensive for a couple leather straps and a sole, and apparently to most women they are uncomfortable. Why in the world are you buying them then, and spending upwards of $100 to boot!

I bought one pair (black with patent leather trim) for a cruise 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure I got a good deal on them (< $100). My mom gave me a lime green pair which she bought but couldn't wear. I also have a pair of monogrammed Stephen Bonanno's which I got 11 or 12 years ago (these are my absolute favorite). I like them because they go well with Lilly Pulitzer dresses (most of mine are from Off 5th) and they're cute in the summer if I'm going to church or out to dinner. But once I saw they were part of the 5th grade summer uniform in my neighborhood, they lost their appeal :)

Genuine leather is a great and super confortable material if you know how to use it. If your sandals are hurting you, you might be doing something wrong. Rule #1: NEVER let them get wet. Rule #2: Feed the leather to help it stretch. If you do those things, they will fit and feel like a glove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter