Jack Day?

Princess_Jo

Disney World Addict Since 1989
A couple months ago my fiance and I booked Jack Day for our wedding. He seemed pleasant on the phone and really interested in our big day, which was refreshing.

Ever since then though he's called me at least 2 times a week to "confirm our date" and each time acts like we've never spoken before. I have to laugh every time I see his number on my caller ID because our conversations always start off the same way "Jack Day here with Disney weddings just calling to confirm your date I have your paper work in front of me and I'd be honored to be part of your special day...etc." It was cute at first (in an old man sort of way) until tonight when he called 3 times - I answered twice and my voicemail picked up the third time.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm fine with it as long as he remembers to show up on our actually wedding day! :)

When I called him for the first time to introduce myself when I got the welcome packet he thought I was another bride and "had gotten the change in wedding planners." I tried to explain that I thought he had me mixed up but it took a few times until he got it.

I sent my "contract" back to him two weeks ago and have yet to hear from him. Hope things get straightened out!

Interesting. We have him in 2 weeks. I have emailed him our ceremony out line and have yet to hear back. I will try again today.

He did not give much confirmation back and forth at all. A week or two before the wedding he did contact us to confirm everything. He is an elderly gentleman, but I have to say his gentle manner and ways absolutely enhanced and made the wedding. He is best reached by phone in the evenings -- I think he told us after or around 7:00 p.m. Best of luck to all the new brides!

We have booked Jack Day. We initially requested the information packet, which he sent twice. We then sent back our contract, and had recieved 2 more of the same information packets, lol. Finally we recieved an email for us to write out our ceremony and send back to him. DF and I just giggle about it. He seems like a sweet guy, my planner suggested the best way to communicate with him is to simply call him. I think his grand daughter helps him out with things so there might be some confusion with all of that.

Rev. Day did our ceremony on April 19 and he was absolutely wonderful. We knew going into it that he wasn't the best with communicating via email. A few weeks before the wedding he had called twice, once confirming our date and to let us know he wouldn't be able to attend our rehearsal b/c of another wedding but wanted to meet us at Franck's. When our planner said Franck's would be closed at the time he wanted to meet, he called me back a few days later and we found a good time that worked for all of us! :goodvibes He really was such a joy to work with! :thumbsup2

A couple months ago my fiance and I booked Jack Day for our wedding. He seemed pleasant on the phone and really interested in our big day, which was refreshing.

Ever since then though he's called me at least 2 times a week to "confirm our date" and each time acts like we've never spoken before. I have to laugh every time I see his number on my caller ID because our conversations always start off the same way "Jack Day here with Disney weddings just calling to confirm your date I have your paper work in front of me and I'd be honored to be part of your special day...etc." It was cute at first (in an old man sort of way) until tonight when he called 3 times - I answered twice and my voicemail picked up the third time.

Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm fine with it as long as he remembers to show up on our actually wedding day! :)
:eek:

maybe he thinks you are ALL THE OTHER BRIDES!!! heh - just kidding!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I agree with the previous posters in that he isn't the best communicator before the wedding, but the day of he makes up for it. We loved him!

I agree with the previous posters in that he isn't the best communicator before the wedding, but the day of he makes up for it. We loved him!

Us too. We hardly heard from Rev. Jack except for the initial email and then a phone call the day before the wedding to confirm everything (we were an Escape so no rehearsal). But the day of when I met him before the ceremony he was soooo sweet. Everyone afterwards said that they felt like he was an old friend even though none of us had ever met him before.

This picture my MIL took of him I think captures him perfectly:

14561_199850373313_510618313_310849.jpg

He called today to confirm that he got our contract! I saved the message, bc it's just too cute!

Rev. Jack may seem a bit off before you meet him, but honestly I'm so glad I picked him for our wedding. He did an awesome job and really came off to our guests as if he had known us for years! Here's a picture of us with him!

0854_2124.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter