Ivy Trellis - Getting changed?

epcotcenter1982

Aussie Pom blend
Hi there,

I'm getting my hair and makeup done at Ivy Trellis. I understand there's no official changing room which is perfectly fine. I don't need a 'bridal room' or anything fancy. My dress is stunning but not complex to get into with just a zipper (hurray for zippers!)

I just was wanting to know if anyone knows what my best options would be for if I want to change into my dress after hair and makeup is done there? After so much trying on of dresses and so on I'm not too fussed about a handful of ladies seeing a glimpse of me in my stockings and knickers as I change and my mother will be there and can hold up something. But it just seems so pointless having to go back to the resort and come back. Especially as in terms of pre wedding photos all I'm interested in is some IN the Grand Floridian and on approach to the Pavilion which is where the ceremony is.

Any ladies had their hair and makeup done there advise on space in the salon to do a quick change? or is there a disabled bathroom that's fancy enough to do a quick zip up?

Thankings!

There are restrooms around the corner near Citricos and Victoria & Alberts, but the only brides I've seen use Ivy Trellis were actually staying at the Grand Floridian, so they just went back to their rooms to change.

Most brides hire a cosmetologist come to their room for hair and makeup. It costs the same price or less than what Ivy Trellis charges, and you can actually select the artist you'll get based on samples of her past work. If you look in the info packet Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings sent, they list their recommended hair and makeup vendors, but there are tons of others in the Orlando area.

I highly recommend this as an alternative to schlepping your dress to the Grand Floridian and hastily changing in a bathroom. :thumbsup2

I have considered the outside vendors and it's not for me. My hair is a nightmare at the best of times and I would feel far far more comfortable in a proper salon environment. I don't have a specific look I'm wanting. I have a few I will suggest. I've never found a hairdresser that as good as they were could actually get my hair to hold a curl past an hour without a can of hairspray in place. So I'd rather have those chemicals sprayed somewhere other than in my room. I'm really happy with what I've seen of the Ivy Trellis and am not interested in someone coming to the room.

So back to the original question and what I'm actually wanting I guess it's around the corner I go.

If anyone else has input on the Ivy Trellis space and what they might accommodate then please chip in :-)

If your ceremony is in the Wedding Pavilion, could you use the room there?
I had major issues with my dress falling down and spent quite awhile in a room there trying to literally tape it back up to my body.

Also! If you have a strapless dress, bring lots of double sided tape. You can never have too much.

I had major issues with my dress falling down and spent quite awhile in a room there trying to literally tape it back up to my body.

Also! If you have a strapless dress, bring lots of double sided tape. You can never have too much.

Disney does not allow couples to use the Bride's and Groom's vestibules at the Wedding Pavilion to get ready. They are just staging areas for a few brief moments before the ceremony.

It's not strapless. By the final fitting it will fit with the straps and everything sitting naturally in the right place. I have incredibly sensitive skin to adhesives and tape is the last thing I would want to be using which I think in part is why I went with this dress that has really elegant slightly off shoulder but firm strap incorporated fully with the bodice.

I did think of that space but photography wise with arrival it won't really work anyway and I'm just trying to reduce the excessive travel back and forth to places.

Thanks though

I'm not sure this is ideal, but if I remember correctly, the Grand Floridian Villas has a pretty nice bathroom in its lobby area. I think it's one of those where instead of stalls, it's a one-person room. But it's big enough that you could probably bring a friend or two in there to help with your dress.

I'm not sure this is ideal, but if I remember correctly, the Grand Floridian Villas has a pretty nice bathroom in its lobby area. I think it's one of those where instead of stalls, it's a one-person room. But it's big enough that you could probably bring a friend or two in there to help with your dress.
Thank you! I'll have a look round and scope it out. We will be there a couple days before and getting a manicure at the spa so I'll scope the bathrooms. I would expect high spec bathroom somewhere as I know what gets specified in our offices here for a 5 star hotel but it's just been a few years since I was there.
:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter