My wife isn't as much of a disney fan as I am. I know our trip in a couple weeks will be the last for a while, although we do have a disney cruise booked for April 2017. We've been to disney world three times in the past four years, so I can't complain.

I've yet to go to disney land, so I'm trying to figure out some sort of west coast trip to do with a couple days to see the mouse. I think I'll be able to sell her on that as long as we hit either San Diego or San Francisco on the trip.

The hardest part for me will be not reserving a bounceback room on this trip!

If my spouse thought my addiction was so severe that he suggested a written contract, it would be an eye opener that perhaps some therapy was in order.

There are all kinds of serious addictions and a contract, in my eyes would be an attempt of some sort of intervention, a big statement that enough is enough. I would be looking at the whole picture. Are you only wanting Disney for vacations or is it filtering into the real world? Are you talking Disney 24x7, are you decorating the house exclusively Disney, not taking in your spouse's wants and needs? A contract may be an effort to get you to recognize that it may be more than just the vacation time.

If my spouse thought my addiction was so severe that he suggested a written contract, it would be an eye opener that perhaps some therapy was in order.

There are all kinds of serious addictions and a contract, in my eyes would be an attempt of some sort of intervention, a big statement that enough is enough. I would be looking at the whole picture. Are you only wanting Disney for vacations or is it filtering into the real world? Are you talking Disney 24x7, are you decorating the house exclusively Disney, not taking in your spouse's wants and needs? A contract may be an effort to get you to recognize that it may be more than just the vacation time.

It was a joke contract like no more Disney I have NOTHING decorative Disney in my house not even tree ornaments...I promise you it's not an addiction lol

Your dh sounds like he is very accommodating to your Disney desires.

I think taking a break and seeing other places with your dh sounds awesome. :flower1:

We just talk it out until we have an agreement. A written contract speaks of resentment and a lack of trust.

I don't have this problem. My husband is an avid a Disney fanatic As I am. Couldn't imagine life any other way.

My husband was that way until I really honed in on what he likes. Turns out he is super into club level and signature dining and not a lot of park time. So we try to stay at nice resorts and have great dining when we go down for the weekend. Minimal park time to do faves. It's really turned him around, coming home last trip he even asked me to play the wishes soundtrack in the car. I melted.

CONTRACT?? No way. He can have his holiday, I'll have mine. The European one sounds good because once over there, you can each spend some time doing your thing then meet up afterwards.

Would YOU sign or agree to the terms of you could go to Aulani Disneyland and Disney cruise in a years timeframe?
No, I would not. Mostly because I consider Disney cruises and Aulani to be horribly overpriced from a vacation standpoint. You really are spending 3-years worth of vacation $$ on those two alone. I would rather spread my money out over multiple vacations over multiple years rather than "shoot the wad" over a mere 2 months. In addition, the only contract I have ever signed between my DH and I was our ketubah.

Have you ever been or currently been with someone who just isn't into Disney the way you are? The way you feel and act on a Disney vacation that feel that you just can't replicate elsewhere?

Well I'm a proud Disney fan and love my passion for Disney! However, some people do not lol.
terms of you could go to Aulani Disneyland and Disney cruise in a years timeframe?

Would you have an agreement in general?

Again I thank god everyday for the blessings I have an have been an avid supporter of GKYW which breaks my heart about these kids - so maybe I can ramp up my donating money and be there in spirit ;)

Again would you guys ever come to a compromise on your Disney fandom!

Yes I compromise on my fandom.

First, I love my family and husband waaay more than I love Disney.
Let me ask you a question. HOW would you feel if someone forced you to do something you really weren't into year after year?

In my opinion, relationships are about compromise. I don't want to be married to someone who has to have their own way.

Now next question. How do you know if you can replicate a feeling or not if you don't go other places?

I find on these boards that folks who say that haven't gone many other places. I hate to ruin the magic but yes Virginia there are other wonderful
spots on the planet that cater to you (way better than disney) , that children have just as much fun and where you can make memories.

LOL I agree with the previous poster. If he is jokingly asking you to sign a contract, take that as a sign that you may perhaps be overdoing it.

I have a Coach bag addiction, my late dh also tried to get me to sign a contract to not buy a new bag for a couple of years. :p I got around it by having him buy me one for Christmas. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Actually 3 years doesn't seem bad. I'm probably going to take at least 2 years.
Hollywood studios is old, worn out and dull. 1/2 park at best. so we're not going back until stars wars comes on line
Animal kingdom is running close behind.

and last two times we've had issues with our rooms. Now couple that wiht the insane price increases.

So I definitely think absence will make my heart grow fonder.

OP, there are so many amazing and wonderful places to go in the world!!!!

I LOVE Disney. Our AP just expired a few weeks ago. But if finances were such (and they often are in our family) that we have to chose Disney or a different big vacation, at least half the time I'd want to chose somewhere else. So I would (and actually have) forgo Disney for 3 years in order to see some of the rest of the world.

As for the contract... I'll take your word that it was just a silly joke. DH and I don't joke like that, but I've learned looooong ago that what works in one relationship is totally different than what works for a different couple.

Not sure why you'd even think it's reasonable to monopolize all the vacation time and money on something only you like in the first place. :confused3 No contract would be needed in our household; we take everybody's preferences into account and take turns if necessary. And how bull-headed are you about this that your SO feels the need to actually put it in writing? Couldn't you just simply agree, or are you likely to go ahead and plan more Disney trips behind his/her back?:scratchin

This is how we are in my home. My DH likes Disney but he does not want to go as often as I do. He will insist that I go with my family or friends, and he will come along every 3 years or so. He would never suggest a contract, even in jest. If he ever felt the need to do so, I would be mortified that I had taken up so much vacation time without taking him into consideration.

I'm not the poster you quoted, but I got the idea that you were monopolizing your vacation time because you listed all the Disney vacations you've been on, did not mention any other types of vacations, and shared that your SO feels he needs a contract in order to get some other type of vacation.

It may be a misconception, but it came from the words you posted in the OP.

I also got that impression. The first time my DH felt that I was taking too much time on one vacation destination and that it compromised the family vacations elsewhere, would be the last time I planned a Disney vacation for a long long time.

On these boards we see a lot of posts that ask how to manipulate a family or spouse to agree to another Disney trip. I just do not get that mentality. There are so many places to enjoy.

I adore Disney, but there is so much world out there to see! So we try to balance life. We just spent a year living in LA, so we had Disneyland in our back yard, so to speak. We got annual passes and Disney-ed the year away! Now that we're in Europe, we did Disneyland Paris for Halloween. But a lot of the rest of our travel will be to new places. We also combine trips. Three weeks in Japan a few years ago included four days at Tokyo Disney.

Oh don't get your panties into a bunch. I love disney way more than my hubby does. It would be a cold day in hel(&(*&98 if he made me sign a contract, yea right (not happening in my house). And that is why I go on solo trips.
Not possible - Disney or not, I go commando! :p

I could do 3 years in exchange for a DCL cruise and Aulani.

We usually go to DL about once a year, but we've had an AP the last year, so I think that would tide me over. I'd really need some awesome non-Disney vacations to pass the time, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter