I've just returned from BWV and loved the refurb studio

mouseaider

DIS Veteran
My wife and I just returned home from our favorite resort, BWV and we stayed on a standard view studio and loved everything about it.

We were in room 2125 near the tennis courts. The balcony was the best we've ever been on.

I wrote a daily trip report for my blog, find Day One here...... if you'd like to read about our experience.

Moderators..... remove the link if not allowed..... but I just had to share. It was the best DVC trip yet!

Thanks for the link. Can you tell me what you liked about the studio design? WHen I look at your photos, the room seems so generic, like a Marriott.

We love the size of the studio. It's perfect for two people yet will sleep 5 if needed. We loved the balcony over looking the tennis courts.

We also love the table set up. And you can't walk to two parks from any Marriott that I know of!

Thanks for the link. Can you tell me what you liked about the studio design? WHen I look at your photos, the room seems so generic, like a Marriott.

I liked it when I stayed there in December. The old rooms were pink & green, kind of strange colors.

ry%3D400

OP glad to hear you had a great stay. We haven't stayed there for a few years.

You'd be hard pressed to guess WDW but it beats the prior color scheme. I do wish they incorporated more of the resort theming.

My wife and I just returned home from our favorite resort, BWV and we stayed on a standard view studio and loved everything about it.

We were in room 2125 near the tennis courts. The balcony was the best we've ever been on.

I wrote a daily trip report for my blog, find Day One here...... if you'd like to read about our experience.

Moderators..... remove the link if not allowed..... but I just had to share. It was the best DVC trip yet!

We had a refurb standard studio at BWV earlier this month with the new Murphy bed and liked it as well. We were on the parking lot side. Were you able to see the DHS Star Wars fireworks from your room?

We watched them from the quiet pool and really enjoyed them. If they become a mainstay, I'm hoping that the music can be synchronized over at the BWV.

Great trip report, really enjoyed that!

We're considering staying at BWV for our first visit to DW :)

Do you happen to have any photos of the bathroom area? Has that recently been re-furbed too?

TIA :)

Do you happen to have any photos of the bathroom area? Has that recently been re-furbed too?

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but I did not take any pictures of the bathroom area. Not much has changed there, except maybe the lights over the vanity. They make it a little brighter

We're considering staying at BWV for our first visit to DW :)

They did not do complete changes in the studio bathrooms for the refurb. They did add a lighted makeup mirror, changed the mirror and flooring (now the vinyl "wood" plank), removed the tile on the vanity wall and painted. The vanity light fixture is actually either similar or the same as it was previously.

20160226_102450_zps4csx1g7m.jpg

vs the old

p189856516-4.jpg

And in the shower/toilet room - this is the new where they changed the curtain, painted and did new tile for the floor:

20160226_102459_zpszwiytpog.jpg

vs the old. As you can see they left the shower tile lallthough they did replace it all in the 1BR's so not certain why they didn't in the studios too:

p795610531-4.jpg

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Bed-Side-Studio-Disneys-BoardWalk-Villas-from-**************.net_.jpg

I love the new decor and honestly still can't understand why the old pink and green decor said Disney more than the new. As you can see in this photo of the old studios the only thing that even says Boardwalk is the artwork behind the couch. I love the new artwork.

The only thing consistent with the old decors at BWV and BCV was garish colors. Does that say Disney to some? Not me.

Old Studio Decor
0608112140.JPG

oooh nice pics, thanks Admit my boys were 'boys' a bit rough & tumble, but anybody else think that coffee table looks like an accident waiting to happen?

Thanks for the update about the rooms at BWV. We love staying there but have not been back since they redid the rooms. We stayed at the Poly in Febuary and really loved it there. I'm enjoying reading your blogs. You have a great writing style.

We also loved the refurbished rooms, we actually got the same exact boardwalk view room we got the very first time we stayed using our DVC points back in 2012!

Thanks KATS4DISNEY & Sammie. I was not a fan of those old rooms at all, so glad to see the improvements - thank you both for sharing.

Mouseaider, hope that you had a great Anniversary trip :love1:and I enjoyed reading. THANKS for posting. SO LOOKING forward to our October stay!:woohoo:

Are they still working outside? Just wondering about noise during nap time.

Also the vinyl floor, is it slippery when wet? I'm thinking water splashes from sink, not talking floods.

Mouseaider, hope that you had a great Anniversary trip :love1:and I enjoyed reading. THANKS for posting. SO LOOKING forward to our October stay!:woohoo:
This was the best anniversary trip ever. I hope you enjoy your October trip just much!

Are they still working outside? Just wondering about noise during nap time.

Also the vinyl floor, is it slippery when wet? I'm thinking water splashes from sink, not talking floods.

Yes.... they are still working outside, but honestly, not a problem with noise from what we experienced. I didn't spill any water on the vinyl floor so I can't answer that. But all floors are slippery when wet. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter