• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've got a ? about ebay

minnieandme

<font color=deeppink>You can never have too much <
When you sell something on ebay, are the fees taken out of your paypal account when the item sells or when you first list it?

When it sells. You don't know your final fees until after the item has sold (actually, ebay bills once a month). In my case, I don't wait for the monthly billing, I generally go ahead and pay my ebay fees (out of my Paypal account) after the auction has closed, and the buyer has paid me (I only use Paypal). Paypal takes their fee out when I'm paid. That way, all of my fees come out of the auctions proceeds.

Well, Ebay and Paypal both charge fees. You have the choice of how you want those charged, but basically you have an Ebay account and at the end of each month, you are required to pay Ebay for those fees--you can have Ebay automatically charge a credit card or your paypal account or you can manually send them payment each month.

You will get charged listing fees up front to put the item up for auction. Then when the item sells, Ebay will charge you more fees called Final Value Fees that are a percentage of your selling price. Then, if your buyer chooses to pay with paypal, paypal will automatically and instantly take a percentage of the payment you were given and then deposit the remaining money into your paypal account.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping but wasn't sure. I have a separate account just for paypal and was just wondering if I should add any more money to it just to cover myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter